Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Browser Wars

Started by stephanie_craxford, March 29, 2006, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So what browser do you use to surf the WWW?

Internet Explorer
11 (57.9%)
Netscape
0 (0%)
Firefox
4 (21.1%)
Mozilla
1 (5.3%)
Opera
1 (5.3%)
Safari
2 (10.5%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 13, 2006, 01:49:57 PM

stephanie_craxford

I know this has nothing to do with our community other than it is the way many of us communicate with each other.

I didn't bother to list the version of browser as that would be way too many options.  Personally I use Safari on my new iMac.

Steph
  •  

Melissa

I'm not voting because I use several browsers equally.  Mostly Firefox, IE and sometimes netscape.

Melissa
  •  

Sandi

I voted Mozilla because I am using FireFox at the moment, although I as often use Flock which is every bit as good, and written by a lot of the same people.

And I use IE, Netscape, Opera too when I make blog changes and need to check compatability.

Sandi
  •  

Natalie_Danielle

I mostly use Firefox but unfortunatly my employer has a few internal web pages that require IE to work.
With the two new vulnerabilities found in IE, I'm sooooo glad I switched to Firefox.
  •  

Jillieann Rose

I use IE it just to easy. I also use netscape and have use Opera.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

umop ap!sdn

Opera here, and it is my main browser; occasionally I'll run across a link to a page that won't display properly and I'll try Firefox or IE. I'd be lost without tabbed browsing.
  •  

gtfonnbrayy

•  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Christy Lee

Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

AnneK

I also didn't vote because I used a few browsers.  Also, you missed Chrome, which quite popular.  As for IE, it's being deprecated in favour of Edge.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/chrome-is-the-most-popular-web-browser-of-all/
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I exclusively use FireFox.   It uses much less processor resources that IE does, thus it can provide faster browsing in many cases....  plus FireFox is not plagued with as many security issues as IE as isn't always requiring all the frequent IE updating. 
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Janes Groove

•  

Evienne

I'm surprised to see Internet Explorer with the most votes. But It does make sense as the average age on this site is a bit higher.
Personally I just see it like this:

I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Deborah

On the rare occasion that I turn on my laptop I use Edge.  But 99% of my internet usage is on my phone with Safari.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: AnneK on February 10, 2018, 02:09:41 PMAlso, you missed Chrome, which quite popular.
Well, the poll is 12 years old.  Was Chrome even around then?

Quote from: Sam314 on March 01, 2018, 09:50:57 PMBut It does make sense as the average age on this site is a bit higher.
So how many have used Mosaic?  :D  (Me!!!)

I mostly use Firefox. 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

AnneK

QuoteSo how many have used Mosaic?  :D  (Me!!!)

My first browser was WebExplorer in OS/2.  Of course the first browsers were text based and I can still fire up Lynx if I wish.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

VickyS

Firefox mostly, occasionally Chrome.
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •