Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

4months cta+1month vocal nodule removal here are the result

Started by nongcandy8558, November 25, 2017, 07:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nongcandy8558

I had a cta 4 months ago,  during the third month I developed vocal nodule and had it removed
Now my voice is very hoarse so I have to work with voice therapist and been given
Vocal exercise for voice abduction helping my vocal fold to close

Here is my voice, still recovering from the nodule
Does it sound like a male voice
What do I need to work on
I can still go down to my male voice by will which is weird because some girls can't after cta

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0uwskMhuGqc

Thank you
  •  

Megan.

In my (untrained) opinion,  obviously very 'breathy' but I don't really detect any masculine voice. If the hoarseness improves over time  I think it'll be nice. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Dena

What you may not be aware of is I have had a good deal of experience working with voice and if you want to verify it, read some of the first posts I made on the site. As you are still relatively fresh from surgery and work with a speech therapist, I understand your voice will evolve. Currently it's a little breathy, the pitch is a bit higher than it should be for an adult woman and it's monotone lacking expression. It's not masculine but at it's current state, it will draw attention.

Be patient because when I had VFS my voice took nearly a year before I was able to use it in a near normal fashion. Voice surgery recovery can take a long time so post another sample in a few months so we can measure your improvement. The following link might be of interest to you in learning your new voice.
http://www.nyspeechandvoicelab.net/transgender/voice-feminization/
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

nongcandy8558

Hello everyone

Now it has been 6 months after CTA and 3 months after vocal nodule removal
Please listen to the voice clip, is there any improvement, my voice still breathy
If this continue I will have to inject fat or fillers to my vocal cords to make it abduct while speaking
But both my vocal doctor and vocal therapist don't want to do it because they scope down my throat and see
that my voice not paralyze and can fully close at a certain range so they know I have the ability to do it
but cannot carry over so they want me to stick to vocal therapy but it's so difficult, I just hope it will improve, please pray for me. https://vocaroo.com/i/s07LE5ECV24s
  •  

kwala

Hello, I do hear a bit of improvement, sounds just a bit stronger.  I can tell that because of the incomplete closure that you have to use a lot more air than normal to produce sound since so much is escaping through the gap. It may take additional procedures to close or lessen that gap before you get any real power, but I definitely don't hear "maleness" when you speak. Good luck with everything- i know how tough the road to recovery can be.
  •  

Dena

From what I hear in the voice sample, there is breathiness to the voice but the real issue is you voice is still somewhat monotone. Most of the sentence is at the same pitch and they tend to end with a drop in pitch. A sentence should have both rises and falls in pitch covering a noticeable range of pitches. Try listing to some female announcers on TV or radio as they are normally chosen for the quality of their voice. In addition, you may be attempting to force your voice higher than it should be. You might be better off targeting a lower pitch where you have more room to work the vocal range.  I agree with everybody that more therapy is in order and for now, it would be best to stay away from fillers.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

nongcandy8558

Hello everyone, Im back to update my progress

now its been 8 months from the CTA, please compare the voice clip from this post to the previous one so you get the picture of my problem.
the doctor diagnose that I have a bow vocal cord due to an uneven tension of the CTA, the scar tissue is pulling my right vocal cord leaving a gap so my voice is very breathy and therapy can't fix that

Now i'm 8 days post op from fat injection, in addition to that I did glottoplasty as well because the CTA I did failed meaning I can go to my male voice easily, the doctor said it's because the suture got loose so I can go to my male voice easily but the good thing is I can also go to my female voice much easily than before the CTA

So now I'm 8 days post op from fat injection+glottoplasty, my voice is all over the place meaning I can still go to my low voice although its more harder and i can also go to my feminine voice, so now im confuse as to what voice I should stick to because when I speak it all came out some sentence are low some sentence are high

now i post a voice clip of the rainbow passage with 3 version of my voice
the first one is me going to my lowest, as I speak it gets lower and lower
the second one is me speaking higher
the third one is me speaking highest

which voice should I stick to as a standard because now its all over the place and I just want one voice
I still dont feel that its female voice, I dont know why, does it sound ambigous

here is my voice clip
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0wnVehYDtPP

thank you
  •