Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Two weeks on Estrogen

Started by Dusty, March 15, 2018, 08:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just had some observations that I wanted to share/get out. If this isn't the correct sub forum, my apologies.

So, I finally started Estrogen two weeks ago today. I haven't started Spiro yet, my potassium was very slightly elevated so he wanted me to start Estrogen first then Spiro in a month or so.

Anyway, I've definitely noticed some changes. Mostly mentally. There's a sense of calmness. Of normalcy. That's probably the biggest shift I've noticed thus far.

I'm definitely looking forward to this journey. Seeing and feeling the changes I'm going though will a crazy mix of emotions. But I'm ready. The last 36 years has prepared me for this.

What were some of the things you all noticed in the early stages of HRT? Or what were you looking forward to the most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Gloria329 on March 15, 2018, 08:41:13 AM
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just had some observations that I wanted to share/get out. If this isn't the correct sub forum, my apologies.

So, I finally started Estrogen two weeks ago today. I haven't started Spiro yet, my potassium was very slightly elevated so he wanted me to start Estrogen first then Spiro in a month or so.

Anyway, I've definitely noticed some changes. Mostly mentally. There's a sense of calmness. Of normalcy. That's probably the biggest shift I've noticed thus far.

I'm definitely looking forward to this journey. Seeing and feeling the changes I'm going though will a crazy mix of emotions. But I'm ready. The last 36 years has prepared me for this.

What were some of the things you all noticed in the early stages of HRT? Or what were you looking forward to the most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gloria.  I have only been on HRT for 8 days but I can relate to the "sense of calmness". Sense starting it I don't
seem to get "ticked off" easy like before. I started later too (39) and am feeling great that I will finally be myself. :)

For me I am looking forward to the body changes. Congratulations on starting your journey!

Hugs,
      Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Jessica

Hi @Dusty  🙋‍♀️ Calmness was my first noticed effect.  I am unsure whether it was due to the relief I felt or the E.  Shortly after though, my thoughts were ungathered and scattered briefly.  I do think that was the effect of E, because anytime my dosage has been increased each time I've had similar issues.
My second noticed effect was my skin soften dramatically.  I loved it! 💕💕
At the 6 week or so my entire chest seemed to have a different sensation, like it was tense.
Within weeks of that my nipples and areolae became tender, with them becoming larger and puffy soon after.
I noticed at about the fourth month I was losing hair on my legs, which has accelerated since then.  I loved that too! 💕💕
The main thing I've noticed is I'm very happy and usually in a good mood.  The times with E instability are short, but emotional, and with support from friends (here and personal) I was able to get through it.

Keep in mind that ymmv (your mileage may vary)!

Smiles, Jessica 💁‍♀️

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Gloria

As you can see I only started 5 weeks ago. I am certainly feeling calmer and not at all irritable and hence less dysphoric.
My skin also feels softer.

In terms of the future, I look forward hopefully to breasts, fat redistribution and shapeliness but I know it takes time

I wish you the very best on your journey.

Pamela

•  

RobynTx

Welcome to the best drug or at least hormone on the planet. 

•  

somme_girl

Hello,

I'm almost at two years now. I didn't notice the whole sense of calmness for a few months to be honest, but thats just me.

Congrats!
  •  

Allison S

I looked forward to getting to 6 months. I'm about 2 weeks away. Next will be 1 year. I'm just going along with the ride, the pills, body changes and emotiond are the driver. I'll say though, I'm the calmest I've ever been. I'm focused as a laser beam (yes on my face) with doing what I have to do. That to me brings me temporary joy day to day at least. Not everyday, but some..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•