Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Voice: Switching back and forth between genders?

Started by sara9mm, March 17, 2018, 10:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara9mm

Blantantly speaking: one common scenario is "Need Voices of both gender binaries can't get stuck in new voice (cd/trans/en femme/en man)....ain't got time for that."
In your exsperiance how does a person not get stuck in the voice of transition/cd Gender?
How does one not injure Vocal Chords!
Tips, tequnique etc.
  •  

Jessica

Hi Sara 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.  As for myself, I'm in the beginning stages of feminizing my voice. I think if you haven't had surgery, with practice you may be able to create your voice in both ranges.  Not sure how vocal chords react though.

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

If you are one of our younger members, feel free to stop by the Youth Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Kendra

To get a better handle on this topic I recommend reading and interacting with the Voice Therapy and Surgery forum. 

Pitch doesn't have to be binary male or female.  A few people are naturally in the gender neutral range and some are able to land there with practice.  Pitch is only half of the issue - there is also resonance and inflection.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •