Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

insurance for srs in MASS?

Started by sfbarbie, March 18, 2018, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfbarbie

Hey Sisters

I tried to find this specific answer prior to posting and was unable to, so here goes. I just relocated to the Boston area and am in hopes of getting SRS sooner than later. I am a nurse, but I haven't started working yet, so I was curious if anyone knew if there are any specific insurances you can buy out of pocket here, that will cover SRS (and any additional details like which coverage to get, what doctors in or out of network are covered, etc). I would certainly appreciate any details you can provide. I also need to get hair cleared via electrolysis so if anyone has a recommendation for preop electrolysis clearing in the area please let me know!

I will need to eventually work, but I am trying to find the right job for me. My thoughts on this were that once I got a job with insurance, by the time I saved up enough time off to take off for surgery it would be a long time, versus paying out of pocket for insurance and being able to possibly get in sooner. I know many places have a year or longer wait list, but I thought I'd still inquire. feel free to PM me if you have any advice/suggestions/photos from doctors here.

Thanks!
HRT 2/2012
Trach Shave 10/2013
Name Change 2/2014
BA 5/2014
FFS 5/2016
BA Revision 4/2017
  •  

SadieBlake

Ma requires all insurance plans to cover hormones and GCS.

Lookup the mass health connector which indexes various available plans
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Devlyn

I use Fenway Health for my medical needs, they are a premier LGBT clinic. Everyone there is completely understanding and respectful.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SadieBlake

Ahh and Barb, I forgot to give you an electrolysis / laser reference. I had all mine done at A&A laser& electrolysis. I thought really well of them, great experience. Good if Newton is a place you can get to. They're not cheap but they sure work fast and my clearance rate was really good.

Downtown I believe the gender clinic at BMC has someone doing that, prices I hear were hella expensive -- no surprise being in a medical facility, so only consider that if you can afford it or it's covered by insurance (mine was but reimbursement took a lot if time).

p.s. I'm presently restricted from sending PMs but can receive so if you want anything else pm me an email address.

S
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •