Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

mtf how old were you when you began to transition?

Started by Shawnna, March 18, 2018, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on March 20, 2018, 12:45:47 AM
Yeah, Now tell me how to speed the ticker up  :)

Chelsea

LAG (Laughing & Giggling).  I could but then time would fly too fast for your and you'd get mad because nothing seemed to be happening :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I've been secretly transitioning since childhood and experimented quite a bit, but didn't start actually actively transitioning until my mid 40's

I was to busy with denial and saving the world to admit to it in younger days
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

I Am Jess

I was just short of my 54th birthday when I started my transition 3 years ago.  I will be 57 in May and most people think I am in my early 40's.  I have been amazed at the changes that I have been through the last few years.  I never thought that I could be the woman I've become.  You are never too old to be your true self.

There was a member here a couple years back who was in her 60's when she transitioned.  She was living life to the fullest and had been to Thailand for her bottom surgery.  She tragically passed away a few months after her surgery (nothing transition related) and even if it was only for that briefest of times, she got to live as her true self.

Tomorrows are not a given so live today.....
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

FreyaG

•  

epvanbeveren

Quote from: Cassi on March 20, 2018, 12:44:28 AM
BTW, I thought as women we weren't suppose to discuss our age?

I am turning 27 in may. :)
I am a K. MacPhee girl, re-born on October 4 2017 in Raleigh/Durham NC. USA
I was AMAB on May 6 1963 in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

OUT and proud - 2014
HRT - 2015
Legal - 2016
GRS - 2017

Full Time - 01/01/2015:
first day (01) of new life (01), '15 = opposite of 51 (my age at the time)

•  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

I started hrt a month before my 35th birthday. I'll be at 7 months on Thursday.
  •  

Shawnna

Wow! Thanks for the great responses!

It seems like starting HRT at 54 isn't that unusual after all.  I've had a very difficult time finding a supportive community with others around my age.  I find groups for parents, kids and people near college ages but my generation never seemed to be represented. 

All of the communities are amazing but my life experiences just aren't the same as those just starting out in life. I'm retired with a wife and young child. Those things greatly affect how I approach being trans feminine.

Thank you all for being so kind an accepting to the new girl on the block!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

noleen111

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: noleen111 on March 21, 2018, 01:27:25 AM
I was 21 when I started taking hormones

You do know that your avatar legs look like a 19 year old's
:)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

FinallyMichelle

Three weeks after my 45th birthday, three years four months ago.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on March 21, 2018, 01:33:43 AM
Three weeks after my 45th birthday, three years four months ago.

Yeah right, more like when you were 21, 2 years ago :)

BTW, love your glasses.  I've worn aviator style for close to 50 years and will getting fem ones this year so paying attention to glass styles :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

FinallyMichelle

Quote from: Cassi on March 21, 2018, 01:36:24 AM
Yeah right, more like when you were 21, 2 years ago :)

BTW, love your glasses.  I've worn aviator style for close to 50 years and will getting fem ones this year so paying attention to glass styles :)

Thank you. 😊

Confession time. 3 years ago I did not wear glasses other than reading glasses. My distance sight was not great but it was always acceptable. I hated people staring at me so I started to wear my reading glasses all of the time so everybody's face beyond 3 feet was a blur, I could not see the looks. I finally gave up on using them to hide, but the reading glasses were very pretty and helped distract from the not so pretty face sooooooo, I went and got prescription glasses that were very pretty and made my vision perfect from any reasonable distance.

I love them also. 😊
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Shawnna on March 18, 2018, 06:21:34 PM
I feel like I'm so much older than most of you.
lol Not even close . . , turned 62 last month!

• Mostly steady ON since 2006
  • Sought out first therapist 2008
  • After taking 5 years stopped anti-antigen (Casodex) about 2013
    . . . . lol pretty sure T-levels / receptors are sufficiently FLAT NUMB DEAD!
Actively trying / wanting to transition since school yeras early 1980's.
Like many here I suppose career/married/with/children can be a huge distraction!

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

pamelatransuk

Although I crossdressed and bodyshaved all my life, I only started transition at 62 due to so many obstacles being in the way.

I only wish that in 1978 the world was not so closed and opposed to Trans matters or I would have transitioned at 22.

The world is still generally opposed but acceptance is coming gradually and more of us will be transition younger than have to wait which will be wonderful to witness.

Pamela

•  

Cassi

Quote from: FinallyMichelle on March 21, 2018, 02:18:00 AM
Thank you. 😊

Confession time. 3 years ago I did not wear glasses other than reading glasses. My distance sight was not great but it was always acceptable. I hated people staring at me so I started to wear my reading glasses all of the time so everybody's face beyond 3 feet was a blur, I could not see the looks. I finally gave up on using them to hide, but the reading glasses were very pretty and helped distract from the not so pretty face sooooooo, I went and got prescription glasses that were very pretty and made my vision perfect from any reasonable distance.

I love them also. 😊

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we tend to be our own worst critic when looking in the mirror.  That said, I see no flaws in your avatar.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Harley Quinn

35 was my first hormone injection, but the groundwork was a few years prior.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Alanna1990

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 20, 2018, 08:52:34 AM
I started hrt 3 years ago at age 17.

I envy you so much, I began 10 years later  :laugh:

it took the doctors 6 months to actually prescribe me the pills, when it finally happened I was 27.
  •  

Cassi

And I am envious of you both!  I began 45 years later.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •