Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Energy and Metabolism, Strength

Started by KarlMars, March 29, 2018, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

Did you experience having more energy and a better metabolism as in easier to lose weight on T? Are you stronger than before physically?

Kylo

More energy at first, I think it stabilizes later.

In general I still have more energy than I did before HRT. Do a lot more physical things. I socialize more. Sleep a bit less.

My metabolism is screwed, though. Temporary hypothyroid issue in the past changed it and its never been a "fast" metabolism. It might fix itself eventually but it hasn't sped up from T.

Some people on here have said that T gives them a lot of energy in the beginning, but eventually that wears off, it seems to give many an energy boost at the start for a few months
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Kylo on March 29, 2018, 06:13:46 PM
More energy at first, I think it stabilizes later.

In general I still have more energy than I did before HRT. Do a lot more physical things. I socialize more. Sleep a bit less.

My metabolism is screwed, though. Temporary hypothyroid issue in the past changed it and its never been a "fast" metabolism. It might fix itself eventually but it hasn't sped up from T.

Some people on here have said that T gives them a lot of energy in the beginning, but eventually that wears off, it seems to give you an energy boost at the start for sure.

Are you stronger than before?

Kylo

Yeah, my upper body and leg muscle mass increased within the first month, not massively, but it was noticeable... about an extra 10%. I wasn't working out at the time. I am stronger and I definitely have a better aerobic capacity (from increased blood cell count). Now that I'm working out, yeah, I'm definitely seeing results in strength and stamina.

In terms of losing weight, it's easy to lose weight on T just by knocking off a few calories from your regular intake in my experience if you aren't working out. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Kylo on March 29, 2018, 06:20:39 PM
Yeah, my upper body and leg muscle mass increased within the first month, not massively, but it was noticeable... about an extra 10%. I wasn't working out at the time. I am stronger and I definitely have a better aerobic capacity (from increased blood cell count). Now that I'm working out, yeah, I'm definitely seeing results in strength and stamina.

In terms of losing weight, it's easy to lose weight on T just by knocking off a few calories from your regular intake in my experience if you aren't working out.

I exercise everyday so I'm hoping I will get more fit on T.

Northern Star Girl

Sorry to butt in here as a MTF... but I can certainly testify that after more than 3 years of HRT I have indeed lost energy, stamina, strength, muscle mass, libido and body hair.... so I would think that the reverse might be is store for the FTM transitioner. 

...all of those things are a blessing to an MTF but I sure would like to get some energy and some stamina back sometime in the future.  I have been going to the gym regularly for well over a year and some of that is coming back little by little. 
Daniellee
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Deborah

I gained both strength and muscle mass by getting rid of the T.

T is not a magic potion that will change one into Hercules.  That takes hard workouts and proper nutrition.  T will help that along but won't do it by itself.

Also, while it's true that males have a higher metabolism it's not because of the T.  It's because they're usually larger with larger internal organs and more muscle mass. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Peep

i hear about a lot of guys getting hungrier (and therefore gaining weight) on T... also your weight will redistribute from butt/ thigh to belly which might make it look like a weight gain even if it isn't necessarily one

personally i haven't gained any weight and i think i feel more tired, but that could be lifestyle related too... i would love more energy

i think if i was able to exercise i would feel better, but i can't handle binding and moving about haha
  •  

AnonyMs

Speaking as MTF, when I first started on HRT I stopped and restarted a number of times. I was exercising quite a bit at the time and I noticed a huge surge of power would come back a while after stopping. It was very noticeable, and happened every time I did it.
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Peep on April 01, 2018, 05:24:28 AM
i hear about a lot of guys getting hungrier (and therefore gaining weight) on T... also your weight will redistribute from butt/ thigh to belly which might make it look like a weight gain even if it isn't necessarily one

personally i haven't gained any weight and i think i feel more tired, but that could be lifestyle related too... i would love more energy

i think if i was able to exercise i would feel better, but i can't handle binding and moving about haha

Your binder must be too tight then.

Peep

Quote from: KarlMars on April 01, 2018, 08:26:42 AM
Your binder must be too tight then.

I have hypermobile joints & binder makes my shoulder more likely to dislocate
  •  

kaip93

I've been on t for 9 months and the first 3 months I was always hungry. Also my strength is out of this world. I'm a lot stronger then my guy friends when it comes to lifting. Also just because you work out doesn't mean you'll get and stay fit you need to eat correctly as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •