Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to be trans by Eryn...am I doing it right??

Started by Eryn T, May 01, 2018, 04:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eryn T

Oof, a bit of an over-due update *cracks knuckles* here we go!

yes, Violet!  Recently I watched the movie The Greatest Showman, my wife really loved it and so did I. One thing they say in a song is 'dreaming with your eyes wide open' that sort of message really speaks to me right now.  Dreams aren't something you're meant to chase, they're something you're meant to live- so keep your eyes open and your dreams'll come true, or something like that!

Yeah, Tatiana, girl. It really, really hurt to lose my one good asset. But I think it also helped give me a bit of time to try and focus on other things that I either was ignoring over my voice, or was lacking. Early on I really loved the way I walked, and I had kind of started to feel normal about it until I lose my voice; and with it, all my confidence. But it really does feel amazing to walk like a woman, and no I am not exaggerating my hip swings or anything. Gosh, I could froth at the mouth just thinking about if I ever get some fat around my butt cheeks...anyway.

I, unfortunately, did not take notice of their names or anything and nothing has been done about it. But I mean, I do feel that people are gonna be out there like that, and much worse, I need to be more prepared.

So, looking over my notes....I did not write enough stuff down, so once again I'll try to go on memory, there's a lot of little things and frankly I have been doing a whole lotta socializing on Discord lately.

But to start things off, I actually had a day off work after practically working every day for I don't know how long. And I used that opportunity to wear some of my girl clothes that I basically can't or don't wear in public. I like, really lose A-shirt and some super short sporty shorts- the kind that end right about where normal underwear does.

So, I'm wearing this cute, casual outfit and I have to bend over to pick something up for my wife, and out of no where, she slaps my ass! AND THEN IT JIGGLED! She was like, "It jiggles!" And I was like, "Did it do that before?" and she said, "I don't think so." and then she proceeded to slap it a few more times lol  Can't for the life of me figure out why I was bending over so much that day  >:-)

I heard that many girls use FaceApp to see the female version of themselves before HRT and it gave them courage or hope to keep transitioning. A girl on twitter, same age as me, realized she was transgender only about a few weeks ago and used the app, and is even getting approved for HRT within this week! WILD!  Anyway, I made a poll on Twitter, cause I didn't really want to just do it without any support, I am much too self-conscious for that when it comes to my face(and just about everything). I was afraid that I'd be disappointed, that I'd be hideous, or that I just wouldn't like what I see. Well, the poll closed and here's the result:

I don't necessarily like it, but I think that's more that I like weirdly like my mom when she was younger. Or I guess that's not weird at all, after all, genetics, am I right? haha I also did the male filter as an experiment, and wow, I look really different as a man, so I guess that's gotta be a good thing!

Another weird thing, out of the blue my wife brought up wanting to go shopping for sex toys again.  She is worried about me getting an infection of some kind by using cucumbers. And good reason, I used to just use them once then throw away, I started using them multiple times, and I don't know when it happens exactly, but they get moldy. And one time I picked it up, "Oh, hello, friend! Are you going to play with me tonight?" "*cough* *cough* No, Eryn, Im sick, sick forever, Im sorry." "Oh, Nooooo! Mr. Cucumber, Whyyyyy?" *ahem* so yeah, I didn't do it that night. Now, something I have started doing more recently is bouncing off of it in my chair, and that just makes me want a real one to grind into so much more; it's an absolute crime for these things to actually be so pleasurable. Many have said the feeling in their body get's so much more intense and stronger on HRT, and I think that could literally break my brain, at least during. I am both anxious and terrified at the prospect.

Some really crazy update, though, it seems like my mom is now fully supportive. And she has even attempted calling me Eryn! She's the only one in my real life who has done that! She listened to the entire blog I posted on soundcloud, and I guess that was enough to convince her that this is the right path for me, and THAT IS INCREDIBLE!  Just a few weeks ago she was going to a Christian seminar on "How to Navigate a World of Gay and Gender Identity" and just the other day she went to a support group for Parents with transgender kids!  Just, it's so hard to believe sometimes! Not only that, but she told my Uncle and his ex-fiancee who both attended with her. Everyone seems super supportive, and that's just the best. I feel like nothing is really lacking in my life at this point, aside from being able to do makeup well. I really think, I'm just going to need to go to school for it or something, cause like I need hands-on assistance and critique and guidance.  Sephora was nice, but it wasn't comprehensive enough.

I recently heard back from a dear friend here on Susans, and I am overjoyed to hear about how they're doing and hoping to continue to keep in touch.  They attended a pride festival and said Kim Petras was performing there, I had no idea who that was. So, I looked it up and WOW, her voice I was totally blown away by it and it's crazy to think she's transgender, too! Now, granted, I managed to not completely hate my voice when I realized she was put on HRT before hitting puberty, so her voice didn't drop like many of ours have. And this was a topic of contingency for my wife and I. Anyway, here is a link to her single "Heart to Break" it is teeny bopper music to the MAX and I am friggin in love with it. Couldn't get this song out of my head for like a whole week.

So, my wife feels like she wouldn't make the decision to have someone transition before puberty. Her perspective is that's the time of a person's life where they "truly find out who they are" but that flies in the face of transgender folk everywhere.  If I had realized I was transgender before my voice dropped during puberty, AND THEN IT DROPPED, I'd be so devastated... I mean, there's plenty to debate about kids not being ready for this or that and needing guidance, but when its something as personal and unique to the individual as your gender, I think on a case-by-case basis the answer will be clear.

Back to Kim. I watched a small interview and a bit of a larger one. I love what her father said about her and the situation. "We saw Kim as our daughter, not as a problem." and I think this is something people really need to get through their heads, not on this site, im preaching to the choir, but out there in the rest of the world.  Being transgender doesn't mean something is wrong with you, but alas, so many people see it exactly as that.  Anyway, so Kim has a mega powerhouse of a voice! And it's almost like she has a super voice because men are naturally born with a bigger vocal range(though that might be due to it dropping in puberty, now that I think about it) and Kim was able to preserve her beautiful voice and have a bigger range than most, too. It's just so crazy!

Talking about Kim made me think a whole lot about starting HRT, too, again. I am just so sick of being a man, and the time is fleeting. It made me recall, as a devout Christian, I used to worry that Jesus was going to come back before I had a chance to accomplish anything in my life as a game designer(or otherwise) and now that fear is back, in the form of HRT. What if Jesus comes back before I have the opportunity have HRT? I am so gonna low-key stress about that for the next 4 months probably...

I think alot of that anxiety was due to having dysphoric weekends. It was rough, I had several things I wanted to do, but I couldn't find it within myself to get anything done. I even could have worked on my blog here on Susans, but I just didn't.  I just felt so weak and insignificant without my voice, without something that could directly affirm to others my real gender. And while it seemed like my wife is being better and more open to a possible intimate relationship with me as a woman, I think she is also really scared and confused by it.  Because she has insisted the last week or so I stop kissing her on the lips. It might be my imagination, but I feel like as one girl to another, that has a deeper-rooted meaning, right? lol

Well, my voice actually started to recover! And it was almost completely back, I am so happy. I took it easy, trying to lean into it a bit slowly and re-exercise the muscles in my neck after I hadn't been really using them for weeks.  And as my lesson with my first vocal coach was approaching, I was feeling a bit more confident in it.

So, today my lesson happened. And I was super nervous, the lady said she wanted me to prepare a lyric from any song so she could see how I hold a note. And I practiced for a short bit among doing lots of other things, and I didn't feel quite ready even leading up to 10 minutes before the trial lesson.

Talking to her was nice, she seemed to like my voice but I don't know if she felt it sounded feminine at all.  She asked pretty basic introductory questions like, "Why do you want vocal training?" And I tried to emphasize that I don't need to sing well or professionally, I enjoy singing disney songs with my wife, but what's most important is that I can use my voice practically all day if I must without breaking or straining it to the point I hurt myself.  She really wants me to pursue at least 'something' with what she called my 'classical voice' and what I call a 'deeper falsetto' it was hard to tell if she was buttering me up so I'd insist on more lessons or if she genuinely sees potential or even liked my voice. I honestly think she did actually like my voice at least a little, because when I started singing the deep falsetto, she closed her eyes and I saw a smile go across her face and when I was done she was super excited. I dunno, it's hard to appreciate myself, I guess.

Anyway, I tweeted about it, including the 4 styles of singing that I typically do(normal femme voice, falsetto, deep falsetto, and my old voice) Here is that:

https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_/status/1034250566220886016

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention and noticed it in the tweet when I got the link there(sorry for those listening only) when I mentioned I would be going on HRT later this year, she protested, exclaiming it would ruin the sound of my voice. And I tried to explain to her that evidence points to E having little to no effect on voice, and even if it does wouldn't it be a positive effect, I'm confused? But I was pretty irked that my wife agreed with her. Okay, I do love my voice and I guess it sounds female, but like the rest of me looks anything but female 95% of the time.  Voice is important, but unless I just do everything from home, Im going to want my genuine female body, too. That should go without saying after everything I've already said in this blog.

But, now that my voice has recovered and I feel more confident than ever with it, I am going to do my best to not starve myself, sleep adequately, practice a little bit every day, and try to help others.

Speaking of helping others, I have been one chatty girl over on Discord; outpouring so much info to everyone that it's impossible to wrap it all up, for the most part. One friend I wanted to help them with tucking, so I ending up recording a video about tucking; I didnt really have a script or know what I was doing, so I hope the angles were good and it made sense.  Then I got invited to another Discord server, one for really NSFW stuff, where I can freely be closeted nympho that Eryn is. And talking with the friend who invited me, it revealed something to me. They're a cool person and ask a lot of questions, and Im happy to answer and just be a part of someone else's life. They are kind of similar to me in that their male self has eroded away to let them become their female self, and when explaining John versus Eryn I realized just how 'opposite' they tend to be...and this is just direct copy/paste what I told her:

yea, cause like Eryn wants to socialize, be everyones friend, have fun, make jokes, etc.
John is concerned about work, accomplishments, getting results, making sure people are doing what they're supposed to, etc.
Eryn is also concerned about everyone's happiness, wanting to make everyone's lives better somehow. And loving herself
John was only focused on his own happiness, felt like he was inferior to everyone else(and thats all that mattered to him) and hating himself
I think I internalized everything I wanted to be, but wasn't and created Eryn, possibly.
John is also an asexual prude who hates sex and the culture/mentality around it in both public and private respects.
While Eryn is a bit sex-starved, extremely thirsty and like a nyphomaniac

Some stuff coming up that Im sure to include in my next blog post is: a trial lesson with a different vocal coach, another visit to my therapist, and more letsplay episodes with my voice all recovered YAY!

Have a wonderful evening and life you beautiful, beautiful people, until then, Byeeeeee!

Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

Alice V

@Eryn T
Wow Eryn such a big chunk of text :D
It's great your family become supportive :) I know it can be weird, but also relief.
Cool that your voice is up. Seems you busy helping people here and there, even me :)

"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Eryn T

Thank you, Alice! I have been through a bit of a roller coaster with my voice, its going well right now, though, I think!

Goodness, where to begin, many things have happened. Like, really milestone-like things, but also lots of emotional struggle-type stuff, too!

So, a bit of a downer to start with, a bad experience at the nail salon place I went to before. They were great last time! But this time...not so much. So, I really love the oval-shape nails, and I feel so much more feminine when they are longer. Since beginning my transition, my nails are consistently longer than they have ever been at any point in my life and I'm very concerned with chipping, peeling, and just damaging them in general.  It was way past time to go to the salon. And I got a lady that I hadn't met or seen before. She was really aggressive with my nails, it felt like she wasn't even paying attention to what she was doing half of the time.

See, last time I did my nails, I wore my mask, but this time since I was having dinner after, I figured I'd just go in male-mode to make customers more comfortable. But I feel like that is code for, "be rough, it doesn't matter the end result." She caused 2 of my fingers to begin bleeding during, and then applied some really stingy stuff to them, and after I left, I noticed 2 other fingers started bleeding, too.  This made me really upset, cause I loved my long nails, they had a mostly great oval shape to them, too. But, this was such a poorly done job, that I feel like looking for a different place now, possibly; it's like she file'd away any femininity from me, and that hurt.

I bit naughty-ness incoming

So, I had been getting closer to a friend who has almost no filter(like me!) and it's been great being her friend and also joining her little communities, SFW, and NSWF.  I asked her a few questions about sucking a dick. I think I'd obviously be really terrible at it, at first, but can improve. One thing I was very concerned with is my missing teeth. As a man, it didn't matter, no one was looking favorably at me anyway and my wife doesn't mind. But, a woman smiling with missing teeth, I think people notice that much more and think harshly of it.  In this case, I was concerned that I may never be able to suck one properly or be able to give pleasure by doing so since something like a partial might not be the most secure and move independently from the rest of my mouth. That aside, I tried taking a cucumber that I had but hadn't used yet and sucking on it.  I think I have a really small mouth or something, I got maybe 1.5 inches in my mouth and that was the most I could take.  I suppose if I really wanted to practice, bananas would be good? They're softer, anyway.

In actual transition news, I got a call back from the clinic which provides HRT! I'm just going to be a new patient, but I was put on the waiting list for 2 months and now my appointment is October 19th! Which is really good. I really want to start HRT asap, I'm so sick of not being able to recognize anything remotely feminine about myself except my voice. And despite doing well with it, I'm more critical than ever of it now, so I don't think it sounds as good as I thought.

My mom, as devote Christian, sends me daily bread(shorts stories about faith and junk) and we talk about them sometimes.  I don't remember what triggered it, but when I was younger, I think I was under-developed or much slower to grow in my brain than the rest of me.  I've always been pretty 'meh' at remembering things. I'm the worst at names/dates, but this was about connections.

I tried reflecting on my past, thinking about what I have done, who I have met, and the significance of all that. I remember some people, like a feeling or an emotion wrapped in other emotions, maybe a handful of 'events' but nothing more. I feel like thats pretty normal, but I wish I could remember more.  As I looked back on friends and family and the memories, I really just wanted to cry.  Like, I fell into a heap. "Am I really going to forget the friends I've made on Susans? Twitter? Discord? How soon would that happen?" I spent almost 2 decades living with my family, and I can only recall a handful of memories; some, which I don't know actually happened or not.  In particular, I tried to think of what I learned from my dad and mom, because the original daily bread had to do with being raised right or something. I do think I got my pragmatic nature, open-mindedness, and work ethic from my dad. And my blunt honesty, desire to do good, and enthusiasm for learning from my mom.  Though, I'm sure they taught me more things that I could even count. I reason that, I may have learned something from them, but I re-learned or saw it applied differently at a point in time and that memory replaced the old one. I understand this is NOT how memories work, but if it's how you think they work, then I guess it's true?

Touching a bit on my voice.  It feels like it is going to be a precious commodity for a long time. Like I'm having to think critically about how I am rationing my usage of it, because it strains easily. And I think this is because, my actual voice has increased over the years a bit(even before my transition) my wife has said this to me, but I didn't believe her until my lesson yesterday with my vocal coach, who I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be dropping soon. And I'll get to that near the end. My wife has been opening-up more and more to my voice. I don't know if it's because she sees how distressed I get, or what, but it's nice to have her finally supporting me with it! 

In gaming news, one of my friends from PrettyNeatGamers uses a program called Parsec to play online with her girlfriend across the country. We all talked about playing sometime and then I ended up playing with her and a friend from Chile who is a speedrunner. We played an emulated version of Mario Party 2. It was a lot of fun, I used to love playing those games, I can't remember the last time I played one!  It's also kind of surreal, too.  I mean, as a trans girl, I tend to seek out and surround myself with other trans girls; and I might expect conversations to flow a certain way, but that is anything but.  Still, I had a great time, and I actually won both boards we played on!  The first one was really surprising, cause I was dead last til like the 3rd from the last round!

I know I mentioned it last time, about how Eryn and John tend to be opposites. And I was reading the thread here about the Persona and Shadow quite a bit. I had never studied Jung, and what I learned about that dichotomy came mostly from the Persona series of video games.  In any case, I do think Eryn is the more natural/emotional state of myself, while John is more societal(in that he pursues status, wealth, ect) I also kind of think about how the Nine Tails(Kyuubi) prison is portrayed in the Naruto anime series.  Seals that keep her inside.  I think I could have possibly held Eryn in for a bit longer than I did, how much longer I don't know.  These seals were being broken one by one by the shifting elements in my own life, each one making it more and more possible for me to just go for it.  My intense sexual desires that I tried to lock-up, my adjusting relationship with my wife, my occupation, my feelings toward my own body, myself trying to reconnect with video games, myself longing to connect with friends again, the fact I could browse articles and videos online specifically for helping a transition, and just this lingering unhappiness that seemed to make no sense.  Each of those thing being present made the seals a bit weaker, and Eryn closer to the surface. Now, I can easily visualize just being her, being who I have always been and was always meant to be, and it just being right.

Talking about my issues with my body. I think my shape is not all that unattractive, but lacks in any one definition.  It is clearly still a man's body. And I have been trying to use waist cincher/trainers to shape myself better; also squeeze in my floating ribs as they actually protrude out farther than my 'breasts' do.   My wife was aware of this, but she didn't realize I do it to sleep. She freaks out if I wear ANY clothes to sleep and feels like I can get tangled in it and suffocate somehow? I really don't understand it.  I sleep fully-clothed all the time, and never had issues except with socks, I don't sleep with socks anymore. But yea, she was really upset when she saw the waist cincher.  And we got into a bit of a heated argument about it, I felt like I need it, because I'm not on HRT yet and I can't stand the general shape of my body right now.  She is worried that I'll crush my lungs or other organs and cause serious complications.  She always looks up things I tell her I'm doing that I read from sites like Susans about trainsitioning, but on medical websites that specifically say don't do this or that.  And I just felt devastated without the cincher, I told her this, and she got extremely upset because it made it seem like (to her) that I am trying to be happy, and she is just trying to prevent that from happening. That is not the case at all. Sure, I can feel like she's limiting me sometimes, but I don't think she would ever purposefully try to prevent my transition in some way.

I saw something cool on twitter about the Matrix, and I had forgotten that the Wachoski's are transgender, too. I knew that long, long before I ever considered I could be.  And apparently, the Matrix(at least the first one) is one big metaphor for being transgender, which is wild to think about and is actually confirmed by the sisters, too!  Like, how Agent Smith refused to ever call Neo anything but Mr. Anderson.  The world exists, but even so, even if it's what people blindly accept as truth, it is not THE truth; we often are holding ourselves back from who we really are, our true destinies because we're so entangled with the everyday expectation of us.  And a more on-the-nose example was it was in the original script that one of the characters was going to be a different gender/sex before they took the red pill. Someone also said its a red pill, because that was the color of most synthetic estrogen drugs at the time- that I can't confirm, though.  Still, all this new stuff coming to light makes me really want to watch it again, with my now gender-critical mind at work lol

I am actually afraid I might be outed or assaulted at one of the Walmart stores that I work at.  So, the other week I bumped into this guy who took great offense to the fact that I was wearing a mask to cover to mouth and touching lots of products. He wasn't an employee, but a customer. He got really riled-up and grabbed a pair of gloves off the racks and forced them on me. I might have mentioned this guy previously, I don't really remember. Anyway, I submitted pretty easily, and went and bought the gloves and even put them on for awhile, but it made doing my job very difficult.

Well, I still keep them in my purse just in case. I tend to be at the same stores at roughly the same time of day, and the same time of week. So, guess what? Yeah, I ran into him again.  This time, I was just working, minding my own business, when I saw his arm go right past my head over my shoulder, and he slapped down a pair of gloves he ripped off a rack and shouting at me, "Look! There you go!" He kept moving but was glancing at me while leaving the aisle i was in, and I showed him the gloves in my purse, this only made him more angry, but he didn't say anything after.  I feel like future interactions could go a number of ways... he continues to think I'm AFAB and get's more and more angry at me, until realizing I'm not or he figures out i'm not AFAB and turns out to be the kind of dangerous transphobes I'm terrified of.  I don't know, he just seems like a guy who is used to talking with his fists more than anything else.

My wife has really shown some growth in understanding my transition, and that makes me really happy.  Like, she used to say things like, "what you want to be" "decided to be" ect.  But when talk got real, she started out with 'decided' and corrected herself on her own, saying "realized" and that made me feel really good. Then we sang Disney songs while I massaged conditioner into her hair for awhile.  I tried to explain how my voice seems to have a few different speeds, kind of like a car would.  I got just singing with my speaking voice, falsetto, deep falsetto, and my old voice.  By I also learned something about 'range' that has me very troubled recently, that will be later in this post.

So, I actually ended up telling a coworker for my indie game studio that I am transgender! She was definitely a good person to tell this to. Our meeting about checking progress of individuals and how that fits into the current projection for the next milestone turned into a discussion about fashion, shoes, and how she can just 'girl-out' with me! LOL

I do really need to not be so easily swayed by things, like with the guy and the gloves, but in this case, I am glad I was. Still it was funny, we were talking and she kept saying things that I was super critical about, unknowingly. At one point, I just couldn't take it. Here are a few of the things she said:

"Don't forget to slow down every now and then. Health is wealth."

"I have been through that phase of being workaholic because I wanna have things done on time or before the deadline (which it doesn't happen most of the time). And because I love and enjoy what I'm doing. So it's the passion that drives us.
So I totally get you.  Like what I am also doing right now....finishing my thesis paper, thesis project, classes will start next week, character modeling, cooking at times, taking care of my dog, etc.
And I am still wondering why I am not losing weight."

"Oh you're so lucky! Your problem is gaining weight!!! Wanna exchange?"

"Practice makes perfect. So much to do, so little time, and we ain't getting any younger....especially me."

"Yes, do the macho thing of washing the dishes. Hehehe!"

"Ehehehe! All men think like that. Washing dishes is a very noble act for us women. There's nothing wrong with washing dishes. Just don't wear a pink and ruffled apron and you'll be fine."

I'm pretty sure it was the "pink, ruffled apron" that sent me over the edge lol Anyway, she is a lovely person, so bubbly and understanding and enthusiastic about literally everything!  It makes me really happy that someone I work with now knows.

So, I finally got back into my letsplay of Axiom Verge. It was rough, and I think the commentary is the worst it's ever been, I was so out of practice >.<   But, amazingly, I finished the game! So, I'm gonna be releasing the remaining episodes once I edit through them while I figure out what to play next!  It was kind of surreal to see it end, and I thought about this as Eryn's persona, Eryn didn't exist on the surface until after I started playing Axiom Verge.  So much has happened in my life since i started the letsplay, and so far, it has spanned ALL of Eryn's life, which is crazy to think about. I have always enjoyed lets plays, typically watching them all in 1 sitting, but sometimes tunning in everyday or week updates; and it never occurred to me that a lot can go on outside of the lets play, LIKE A RIDICULOUS LOT;  it's just another to reflect on the passage of time.  Eryn and John tried to do a bit of a retrospective at the end, but it turned into a micro-therapy session...so, uh, look forward to that!

Lastly, I had a rather depressing(to me) experience with my vocal coach and I am pretty sure I am going to drop her. Some of the things she told me, seem to help my voice, maybe? But it might just me being more careful now, too. Anyway, I was practicing solfege(that do-re-mi-fa-so thing) like she wanted me to. Based on how I sounded in previous sessions, I started with middle C and did 1 octave up and back down, practicing that alot.  I noticed that it was kind of hard to start, but when I am already going it's easier to be in tune. My voice would start to break on "re" and I basically could not achieve "mi" unless I was in falsetto. So the rest of the notes were rather smooth.

She heard this and decided to try and go deeper and I was like okay. But then it got so deep, that i was basically using my old voice, and mind-you, the place she was trying to make me go with my voice was not even in her own range! As a operatic soprano.  Now, she wants me to practice down there and work on that stuff; I told her that it's really difficult for me to have any sort of feminine resonance when singing so low, but she was like, don't think about that right now. I know she had worked with a transgender person before, and I asked her about the specifics of that; I figured she'd be more understanding, but it seems like she just doesn't understand. Well, if I can't achieve a female resonance at a much lower pitch, then I'm gonna drop these lessons.  Grateful, but continuing would be a waste of money, time, and energy!

Well, here is the next episode of my let's play for Axiom Verge:

That is all for now, what an adventure life can be when you're actually living! Take care y'all!

Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

•  

Alice V

Hey Erin!

Sorry to hear about your nails. I think you should make a claim for salon. It won't bring your nails back but maybe you'll save somebody from the same.
QuoteI've always been pretty 'meh' at remembering things. I'm the worst at names/dates, but this was about connections.
Maybe you just not interested enough? I sometimes forgetting about my own birthday and used to give nicknames to our trainees because dammit they came here just for couple of weeks. Just few days ago I dubbed one "Speedy" because after working shift he literally running out of office :D As for other memories, well, girl, it's okay. You remember more bright moments and others just fading, that's how things works. Thing is, you'll never forget something that really important to you (I mean, not that you consider important but what in fact you value) unless you have brain illness, and you'll easy forget things that not interest you. You can practice some exercises for improving memory, it can help, but generally you won't remember everything, it isn't normal :)

Why don't come to compromise and, let's say, one day wearing cincher and another - don't? Maybe it'll calm down your wife a little.

Wow didn't knew Wachovski meant TG issues with The Matrix. Now I look at this in new way :) Aaand yeah, The Matrix don't have sequels dunno why you mentioned "first one" :D

Lol does you have a lot of such customers? I just don't know, usually we here don't care about staff (unless it somehow related to childrens). Hope you'll be safe.

It's so great your coworker accepted you so easily :) Sounds you had some fun together :D Also, cool quotes :D

Congratz with finishing the game :) I wonder if you already decide what to play next? :)

Hope you'll find way to achieve your female voice. I'm looking at you ;)
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Eryn T

Thank so much, Alice!

I think each day brings about new thoughts, thoughts I honestly should have had before my transition.  When something wrong happens to me, I actually feel upset about it. Before, I just rolled-over, because I didn't care what happened to me.  I was fine being the world's punching bag, but that's not who I am anymore, not by a long-shot!

Memory is a weird thing, I mean, I am still troubled by it, but now I find it upsets me when I read a tweet or watch a youtube video and some small bit of it felt really funny/painful/amazing in the instant it was before my eyes and now I have no recollection.  When Vine was a thing, I never got into it, and I doubt I would have.  I don't like 'losing' memories, but I guess there is some solace in that the ones lost are never truly the ones that matter, as you've said.

She seems fine with the cincher, now, like most things its just surprising when she first hears of it. And, my goodness, have we talked about so many things that I will try to touch on in this blog post! I've managed to avoid said customer, or at least I havent seen them lately, so I'm happy about that.

Thanks! Axiom Verge was a good game to start with, I feel, but it's too bad that it's older and not very popular. I do have an idea of which game I'd like to play next, but I want to do a poll on Twitter soon for it. Still trying to debate if John or I should play and the other do commentary; yes, that will always seem confusing to people, I imagine.

Anyway, onto what's been going on lately!

So, last week, when I was about to leave Wal-mart, this guy approached me and said the most surprising thing I've heard yet. He said, "Excuse me. Do you have a boyfriend?" If I had been drinking I would have choked!  His timing was awful, though! I was leaving to go to another job and issues with my voice also not on HRT, ect.  But GOOD CHRIST was that the most gender-affirming thing that has happened to me in my entire life!  I am really, really new to being seen in any desirable way so, I kind of tripped over my words and sputted out, "No! Sorry!" while giggling slightly. I hope he wasn't offended, I mean I don't see how that would have worked out anyway.

I honestly don't know what I want from a romantic or physical relationship, it really does feel like my wife has moved on from that quite a bit- and I'll get to that later.  In terms of hooking-up, I think I'd be more inclined to visit a trans-friendly club or use Tinder or something.  People are so busy nowadays that trying to ask for a number in a restaurant or department store is like almost just rude, I think? I mean, that person is obvious there for a reason, hence why I would go to a club to hookup versus trying to find love at a walmart, ect.

Awhile ago, I met someone new on PrettyNeatGamers. And they were very, very new to 'everything' they never heard of tucking or that HRT is a thing, even.  And it felt really great to be helping them learn all this cool stuff, but it was draining of my time and energy. The bad part, which I think kind of muddied-up our friendship is that I presented my voice to them. As some of you may know, it is really the only thing that is somewhat feminine about it and I am constantly putting a lot of pressure on it. Well, when people hear my voice, they usually have a very positive or at least 'A' reaction. They did not.  So I asked them, and they were kind of like, "Oh, yeah. I heard it. But I want to sound more like this...!" and they linked me a video of a cishet male trolling VRchat with his girl loli voice. In a way, they reminded me a bit of myself before my transition, and I probably have watched and enjoyed another one of that guy's videos at some point. But then they expressed that they wanna be a voice actress, and that they have really good hearing, so my voice didn't sound female to them. And that literally crushed me, and I stopped talking to em for awhile.  Now I fluctuate being pleased or upset with how my voice sounds, but I never feel right about it.

Going back to memory, and what I had already said about it, I watched a Wisecrack episode about Joy being the real villain in Inside Out and it got me thinking...  Perhaps, the reason I forgot things that I would think should be important is also linked to my status as transgender. Since I had lingering thoughts of it like a fetish or something for a great deal of my life, but never actually tried to speak femme, wear girl clothes, makeup, ect.  And now knowing it's not a fetish, I'm just a transgender woman. And also thinking about how I didn't care about my outer appearance or my health, I probably didn't care much for my inner-self either, after all, I couldn't even recognize my true inner self until now. 

And I say this because since beginning my transition, I have had to juggle quite a bit more information than ever before in a big BIG way! And, I am...doing it? Like, I remember so many of the smallest details since I began transitioning that I am even surprising myself, it's like I really have things that I care about now.  Part of my fear with socializing in the past was being forgetful, not remember names and things like that. And sure, I may not remember exactly everything about everyone I've met via Susans and PNG, but I can recall a great deal of specific information about many of them! It honestly surprises me.

So, my wife is very paranoid and has severe anxiety.  And well, she's just now started to learn about the kind of persecution that our kind can go through.  I didn't disclose that stuff to her, cause I know she'd worry extra hard, but she watches this show called The Fosters and there's a FtM actor in it, who is actually FtM in real life, too! And she's kind of getting to see some things differently, and shared some of it with me, too.

Like, they were discussing possibly needing to reveal his status as transgender. And a cis character said it's like when people come out as gay, but no, that isn't quite true. When people come out as gay, it's seen as them no longer lying to themselves, but when people come out as transgender, it's seen as we were lying to/deceiving everyone before. And that struck a chord with me. I know it differs for everyone, some transgender people choose to denounce their life up until they begin their transition, and some do not. It might also have something to do with age. I definitely in the latter camp; all of my life experiences have been valid in my eyes.  If things had not gone as they did, I don't know if I ever would have realized I was transgender. I feel like, I would have been so focused on work, never having a relationship, and always in the mind set that I needed to find a girlfriend(as a boyfriend). And maybe I am wrong, but I am still very glad for the life experiences that have led me to finally find who I really am.

Also recently I watched Drunk History with my wife, we both love that show. And it was all about Civil Rights movements and it was really cool to learn! One of the stories was about how handicapped people were treated as 3rd-class citizens, and nothing was accessible to them like no braile, no ramps, no job opportunities, ect.  And it got me thinking, I wonder if we are on the verge a major gender revolution; but the thing is, it's hard to notice because so many major stories are happening all the time and back then, news was in newspapers, now news is like instantly everywhere and then soon after more news overtakes it.

But I do think we're at a crucial point in our history. Because, while there are still transphobes, fetishists, TERFs, ect.  There's also a LOT of outspoken support for us being alive! Like the thing happening in Scotland, and transgender people being recognized in E-sports, politics, ect.  I feel like cis people were keeping us within reach or within their watch, and we have flourished beyond their expectations- now, they can not ignore us or think we don't exist. Plenty still choose to say we shouldn't exist, which is just plain insane, but they can no longer deny that we are people, just like everyone else.  More and more each day, we are being accepted as valid people and that is friggin awesome.

And on that note, I'm sure at least some of you had heard about Bowsette. I was there in the original thread when it all started and I thought it was cool, had no idea it would take off like it did. But that has also boosted trans visibility and support. No doubt MILLIONS of people were or are still enjoying the craze and it started with Bowser and Mario both being rejected and Bowser taking it upon himself to become Bowsette for Mario- and Mario knew of her status. No, this doesn't fight against the slur culture(in like people wanting slurs, ect.) but it does fight against the slur mentality.  TERFs try to say that transgender people cause lesbian erasure, which isn't true, but I do think openly-known, accepted, and beloved genderbending characters like Bowsette do help a bit with the erasure of slur.  Of course, it's also probably made a lot of transphobes very angry, so we'll see what comes from that.

I've been having more open, REALLY open conversations with my wife lately, and it's been wonderful. Like we talked about giving >-bleeped-<s, for one thing.  A really shocking turn though(a good one!) the topic of names came up and I spilled it, I let her know that I do feel like I want to change my name someday. This was one of the few things she was holding onto for dear life early on into my transition. She always said she was glad I had a unisex name, and I mean, I was, too.

But the truth is, I associate my old name with the old me, and I am being reborn. It's just going to feel really weird, I think, if I have been living for awhile as Eryn and I look, sound, and act like her/me all the time- it just doesn't make sense to keep using my old name. I mean, I haven't looked into the history of deadnames, but I know there is a good reason we call them dead names.  I've just been having so many positive experiences reinforcing my identity as Eryn, that it just feels good to be called it. But it's also like a dysphoric thing, for me.  Because I talked to my mom recently and she answered with, "Hey Eryn, or I mean, <name>. What should I call you, sorry?"  She's the only one who makes an effort, and like I don't get mad or upset when others fail to do so, because I really don't look anything like a woman right now. And I feel like, I couldn't or wouldn't want to change my name until I have transitioned enough.

This kind of goes along with that mentality. So, I was in the bathroom and I looked down at my body, and a new feeling came over me. A feeling that I'm sure many of you have felt before, I felt like my penis was a foreign object, like it didn't belong on my body at all. I had never really liked my penis, I always saw it as a bit of a nuisance, but it was always still a part of me, and I understood that. But this was like, it just didn't belong there.  It's very gender affirming, but it's also terrifying for me, financially, I think. Because similar to why I thought I might keep my name, and why I continually say I will never get SRS is because I don't think I pass very well, visually. But, once I do...will I want the real thing? Will I desire a vagina of my own? I don't know...

Well, That's it for the update, and here are a few more episodes of Axiom Verge that I have uploaded!

•  

Eryn T

Oh my goodness! I really should have wrote this sooner, but I can't help it, always so much to do...

Where we left off, my wife was commenting/chastising me for my makeup and my voice.  We had come to an agreement that I should be using my voice at night when I first get home. For awhile, I just got home too late to be able to, but then for awhile, I would get home early enough but feel like my voice wasn't working or coming out. It was awful.

And from my wife's perspective it's like, "I agreed to the thing you wanted to do, so why aren't you doing it?" Her line of questioning even crossed, "Are you really sure you even want to do this?" And I honestly don't know what to make of that from her.  Of course I do! I am a woman and I've never been happier or more-content with myself than I am now!  I believe she is an ally, but questions like that really don't seem that way...

I think she's more upset with my makeup, though. I mean, from her perspective, I've spent over $100 in makeup products, and drove about 10 hours to go to the Sephora classes and yet...I'm not wearing makeup.  For me, it is hard, really hard. Because I often shoot myself down before giving myself a chance, that is starting to change with my transition. Like, I eventually just want to dance, shaking my hips and having a good time, but I just don't feel like I'm enough of a woman physically yet.  I put on makeup occasionally, but I think I was a bit scared by the time I wore makeup through the burger king drive-thru. Similar to how I lost all confidence in my voice when my new friend pointed-out how it still sounded male...

But, it can also be hard to do something for yourself, sometimes, even if it's what you truly want. And, when I was writing these notes down, I thought maybe I could put on makeup for my wife's sake, and in-turn help myself out.  She really, really hates the mask I wear to work. But the mask is so important right now, I don't know if I even would have been willing to go to work until I'm on HRT... everything has kinda been at a bit of a stalemate lately. Aside from things like dating as a woman, or actual sex, or more into fashion or like other things that are feminine but aren't required, I feel- what I have remaining is essentially makeup, HRT, and surgery. Makeup feels like it's such a wall, and I do not plan to get surgery ever. (or at least, I hope I wont need surgery)

My wife basically explained she's concerned that I won't be satisfied even after HRT. And I feel that is a legitimate concern, I'm sure many of us have felt like HRT alone wasn't enough. Truthfully, I do hope HRT will be enough for me. If it isn't, and I need FFS, then that's all the more terrifying if THAT will not be enough either...

I did notice something with my transition, though. The truth is, I am still holding back, and I have to hold back.  I don't see a woman's face when I look in the mirror yet, so in my brain it's like if I tried to act 100% like how I feel, then it wouldn't be right.  A few days ago, I was talking for awhile in the shower and caught myself when I got out, still talking.  No wonder it's so hard to accept my voice for my wife, and for me.  I hear my voice, then I look at my face, the only option is to cry at that point.  I never felt so absolutely hideous than in that moment.  So, for now, I still just need to really avoid mirrors except whenever I actually do apply makeup.

My wife found this transgender support group, so I went and it was really cool and nice! It was kind of an informal affair, there was about 12 people and like 4 were FtM which I thought was really cool!  I have always worried about the 10:1 ratio that people say.  We introduced ourselves, then discussed the topic of internalized transphobia. I don't really remember too many of the details now(I waited a bit too long to write this, sorry!) but a couple things do come to mind. Basically, gender segregation is a form of internalized transphobia.  Separating toys/hobbies/clothes/vocabulary/ect. Between male and female.  But what is interesting about that, is by doing so, for more binary transgender folk, we have a pretty clear roadmap to what we want.  Feminine beauty standards seem to be so heavily represented or even forced in our culture that by adhering to them, it usually means one can 'pass' fairly easily. But this is not always the case, and I feel like that in real life, aside from my face- I do pass pretty convincingly, at least from a bystander and stranger point-of-view.  There's going to be an entirely new level of scrutiny going on when it comes to dating.

Like, I won't know how well I pass until I actually step out of my comfort zone and take off my mask and actually approach people sometimes. I know I tried that more early into my transition, I think set-backs like what happened at Burger King and talking with my friend about my voice really hit my confidence hard.  Now, I act more like a frightened little child, afraid of approaching or being approached by anyone. 

I worry so much that if I just go with makeup, that people will notice I was AMAB and then something bad might happen. I think the reality of situations are often greatly exaggerated in our heads, but in this case, I am not so sure. I have not faced discrimination head-on like many have. I want to stand-up for myself, but I honestly don't know how. And this fear of not actually passing almost makes me feel like I shouldn't even transition, while fully knowing it is what I want and need to do for myself.

Something I've asked a few times, and I still think might be a possibility, but I don't know since no one really has really presented enough evidence for this, is the topic of HRT changing your mental structure.  I always saw every ugly detail when looking at the world, and that's how I developed my art style. I love exaggerated, cute artwork to death, but I can not seem to draw like that to save my life. And I hate how I draw.  A part of me hoped that HRT might have a positive effect upon my artwork, but this seems like it won't be the case.

Anyways, I am trying to improve and joined the Inktober challenge this month, though I am stopping at 10 for many reasons.  I did a bit of a retrospective and feel like my art is enforcing that idea in my brain.  I really feel like I am holding back and I can't fully embrace who I am, and so I don't fully embrace my emotions or my vision as an artist.  What do you think? These are my drawings.

Day 1 - Candle
My first drawing. I really didn't understand how much detail I was trying to add. I took some shortcuts by mirroring the arms, but I ran out of time and didn't get to shade it.

Day 2 - Storm
I really like how the creature turned-out here, but a big problem seems to be finishing the work as well as overall execution. I like the pose of the woman, but I realize the way the puddle is shaped and where her leg is, it would only make sense if she was already standing on 1 foot. I still don't fully know how to shade, but I experimented here and it looks alright. Ran out of time again.

Day 3 - Pumpkin
With this one, I felt I had a really neat idea, but I executed it poorly. I imagined a jack-o-lantern sitting on the porch, and it would suck children into it's gaping maw to fuel the fire within.  Not the really weak version I have drawn here. I also ran out of time, once again.

Day 4 - Dog
This was the first one where I didn't look at any reference images, and it certainly shows with the anatomy/perspective. But I was quite proud of this weird dog-dragon thingie.  I worked too hard and too long on the fur effect, really hurt my hand.

Day 5 - Blood
This was a particularly dysphoric day. I felt like I was being torn apart. When I was younger, I would claw my shoulders until they started bleeding.  No reference image here, either, and it looks kind of okay I guess?  I think I was interpreting it as the monster was either within, or I am just the monster.

Day 6 - Flames
At first I had an idea that was kind of similar to the Smelter Demon from Dark Souls 2. Some person who had a furnace in their stomach and parts of their body were becoming stone/metals, but I was concerned about my limited knowledge on anatomy, so I decided to make a lizard-thing that was going to be made of flames.  But I ran into a similar and even worse problem than with the dog; all I could manage to finish was the main body, and I don't think it really looks like flames anyway.

Day 7 - Water
I went back to references with this one.  I felt like what I did with storm would have worked with water, too.  So I got this idea of drinking a hostile water, that transformed into spikes, splitting open the drinker's face, neck, and chest.  I nearly finished this drawing, then hated it so much I abandoned it. Came back, redrew without much references and still really not a fan of how it turned out.

Day 8 - Cyclops
This was the first of when I felt like I began to execute my ideas better.  I can't draw anatomy well, but an eyeball and tentacles should work. So I couldn't just draw a humanoid creature with one eye. I also thought about doing something similar to Day 5 - Blood, and having a girl with a patch over one eye, blood running down her face, but again, anatomy is a problem.  I imagined a sentient eyeball parasite thing, looking for children host to use as hosts. So the eye is simultaneously crushing the head, and stabbing through the vertebrae to gain control.

Day 9 - Slimy
This one was more of a satirical or political piece, but misdirected. I saw this sub>-bleeped-< called r/transgendercirclejerk and the content was simply abhorrent.  It was meant to be in irony, but I didn't know that right away.  I felt like the jokes went a bit too far into territory, there's laughing at how others negatively perceive us, and then there's 'joining' the joke by playfully agreeing or making outlandish statements, and I felt like some jokes were going way too far and would make many people really upset. Anyway, so I pictured a person made of slime, typing away while browsing the sub>-bleeped-<.  Changed to simply a universal 'no' symbol over the transgender flag.  I like how it turned out, but it still wasn't quite what I had originally envisioned.

Day 10 - Bones
It wasn't going to be my final one, but I was already 1 day behind at this point, and knew I couldn't finish the challenge because of Disney; and things just got more and more hectic here, so I decided not to keep going. My first idea was like a skeleton closing around a victim, like an exoskeleton, somewhat. But it seemed really complicated and relied on anatomy.  Then I thought of this idea where maybe a skull had like vertebrae coming out the eyes and hands or something- would that look okay? I went through several tries before basically needing to rely on reference heavily. The end result is this skull-spider thingie, and I think it turned out quite well!

In happier news, I have recorded my first session of the next game I'm playing! I really enjoy it so far. It has lots of characters and I was kind of worried to be doing many voices, but it seems to be working out. The different voices I use may seem super cringy, but it is fun to do them. I do fluctuate with my voice, but I think I am really growing accustomed to it and recognize when its good.  It still takes awhile to warm up, but I can get it prepped and be semi-fine very quickly now.  I really think a big part of this(at least for me) is confidence.  After my capture setting, I felt good about my voice and recorded it using the Voice Pitch app and I could not have hoped for a better result!

In rather downer news, things aren't looking so good for the indie game studio I volunteer for.  I have become a bottleneck(as I knew I would) but it has slowed-down development tremendously, not to mention the loss of one of our best artists.  Basically, thinking about how much has been done for this past milestone and how much needs to be done for the final game, I could see it taking 5 or 6 more years, when the original aimed release date was next October.  I've kinda been delegating some, and that's helped, but I can't really manage to put in more than a few hours a week and when I'm in charge of doing so much directly, it just slow production down exponentially. 

And, truth-be-told, I really love the game idea and my work put into it.  I'd even be willing to keep working on it for another 5 or 6 years, but I feel like it's best not to.  We have a small team, the longer the development cycle, the higher possibility of people leaving.  We have 3 artists, 2 of them are not actually 'artists' I am not technically a writer or animator, but I work on those, too, occasionally. It hurts giving-it up like this, after I worked on it for over 2 years already.  But right now, I can't put in enough time for it, and it's only causing me stress. I am also concerned about what will happen to my team members but... the only ones currently being paid is 1 artist and a composer. The composer has money back-owed to them, while the artist only gets around $100 a month(they're contract is based on work completed, and not hours done. 

So it really seems like the next few weeks are gonna be pretty busy. Next week I have another meeting with my therapist, my first appointment with a medical clinic that offers HRT, I now go this support group every saturday, and starting the 26th I will be in Disney world with my wife and her family. I will have to present as male, unable to wear my bra and stuff; but wife already bought some female sweat pants and they are really nice, hug my butt well, too! 

It makes me happy but also sad at the same time, my wife really opened-up to me when we got into a rather big fight the other day.  She is actually envious of my body, and I'm not on HRT yet.  I had expressed my concerns about this previously, but it really seems like she'll be okay. The only way she wouldn't be okay, I feel, is if her boyfriend showed interest in me. 

But, anyway, hoping the next entry will be much more exciting and with me probably leaving my indie game studio this month, I will be able to do these closer to every week. Because when I finally do start HRT, I wanna keep track of how I feel and look and document that alongside my usual 'blog stuff'

Anyway, here are the remaining episodes of my Axiom Verge letsplay!  The finale got pretty long, I did some extra fun editing stuff for it, and also there is a heart-to-heart chat at the end between Eryn and John. 

Anyway, take care y'all! Love ya!

•  

Eryn T

I'll start this off with, we're all a work-in-progress, and I am working on some stuff right now lol

To continue from last time, I am still worried that I'll never be 'feminine' enough, even after years on HRT.  It feels like I am seeking feminine validation from a person I do not know yet and may never know.  It has me very concerned that I'll be so wrapped-up in it all that even when being with someone, I might get super self-conscious about my moaning while riding them; or more poignantly, my little member slapping their abdomen. 

It made me think a bit more about SRS, and I watched one way the procedure is done in a simple 3D diagram video. It was crazy and wild to look at, but the end result looked nothing like a vagina. Maybe that's why they have vaginaplasties or whatever.

Well, while I was stretching after my workout, I was sitting indian style and took notice of my little bulge down there.  I wonder... could my fear of SRS and relief of keeping my penis be just another pseudo safety-net that is preventing me from fully being the woman that I am?  Like, a bit less-sexual this time, what if I'm on a date with someone and they're like, "Yah. It's obvious you're not really a woman." And like, it's hard, because I am one, I wasn't born one in the normal sense, so it's confusing. And I just feel like, yes, those people are jerks for saying something like that, but how do I argue?  I was born with a penis, not a vagina.

My wife seems afraid that I'll never get to the point where I can take off my mask for good. She's worried(and for good reason, I feel) that I will just make excuses as to why I need to wear it, my makeup isn't good enough, I don't look feminine enough, ect.  So much stress is caused by passing culture and beauty standards, but at the same time I WANT those beauty standard for myself.  But if I am on HRT for years, and still hiding my face, then I need to shift my plan of attack; that seems really hard to believe, but if you(or I) enable bad habits like the mask or any kind of security blanket, it can potentially go on forever. 

In that and other ways, she pushes me hard. Sometimes it seems hurtful in the moment, but I know she is just trying to help me the best way she knows how. 

I might have hit a major cornerstone to my mood/personality, I think. I have this ever-present feeling of never being good enough, and I feel like many people have this, too, but for me it might have something to do with feeling like I have no talents(or tangible talents).  Nothing I'm actually 'good' at. Like when I was younger, I couldn't dance, sing, snap my fingers, even whistle. I couldn't write, or draw, or create things engineer style, I wasn't a good care-taker, I didn't play instruments either. I think that was partly why I found such solace in games.  I felt good playing them, I'd be no where near the top 10000 gamers in the world- but being a big fish in a small pond gave me the little bit of encouragment that I needed. Except, I soon learned about the larger pond, and I felt talentless once again.

So much has happened since I originally took these notes. We are in a decisive time for transgender rights. Trans rights are the civil rights of this generation, no doubt about that. With Title IX trying to erase gender and ignore biology in favor of binary sexes, the trump administration has attempted to eradicate our existence and legal rights. It is very reminiscent of that quote by Martin Miemoeller-

"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak out- because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out- because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out- because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak out- because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me- and there was no one left to speak for me.

With all of these decisive, pro-Nazi moves by my own government lately, I can see trans rights being a wedge issue that if we fail, it will bleed into bisexuals, homosexuals, and anyone else they wish. I didn't live in the time of Hitler, but hearing about all the similarities with the Nazi Germany and America right now is frightening. Especially a factor I read that illustrated how there is a larger ratio of White supremacists in the US right now, than there was when Hitler rose to power in Germany.

Naturally, this has me a wee bit concerned. In the past I never got political, but now my existence itself IS political. I tried telling my wife my concerns and she just blocked it out. "Oh, that's never going to happen." Well, we also thought Trump as president was never going to happen and look where we are... 

The one thing we've really been looking forward to in a long time is our vacation to Disney, and preparing for it has gotten me kind of down on myself.  I have so many things to do before we leave, and I am trying to do them all correctly but then I forget something, and repeatedly make mistakes, I just have been feeling really useless at even the simplest tasks.  At one points, she got frustrated and shouted out, "You just need to fricking be a man!" and even after realizing how hurtful that was, she was still misgendering me by speaking in the 3rd person about me, to me. 

She encourages me to do this or that, but then she'll also turn around and say I NEED to do this or that... and when we were much more in turmoil than now, emotionally, over our relationship changing, she expressed that she wants to always be with me, and I always want to be with her.  This has not changed, but it does have me afraid that it might be cultivating a toxic environment for me while I'm trying to transition. I really am at a loss of what to do sometimes.

I'm super excited for Disney, but also terrified; I haven't had to pretend to be a man for more than a few hours in the past several months since I started my transition.  But now, it's going to be nearly all day, and also very worried about using the men's bathroom again.

That's it for now. Going to drop a ton of Undertale episodes in here(way too much stuff is happening, and I can barely keep up)

•