Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Has anyone ever shaved their cat?

Started by Julia1996, March 25, 2018, 01:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

This topic cracked me up, when I first read the title I thought for sure it was about something else some of my girlfriends would do LOL  ::)   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: V M on March 26, 2018, 12:01:25 AM
This topic cracked me up, when I first read the title I thought for sure it was about something else some of my girlfriends would do LOL  ::)

You have a one track mind.

I use to wash my rats before shaving them. They jump into the little bath and swim around before getting shampooed and then shaved. Then we would measure the hair growing back to determine hair growth cycles.
Possums were another story. You know those suits that bomb disposal people wear - you need one of them.
  •  

V M

I'm just glad no-one mentioned anything about a Brazilian wax job  >:-)

*Goes to sit in the corner*

You had a pet possum?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

TonyaW

Had to have the vet do it to one of ours once when he got lots of matted fur all over.  He was shaved completely except for head and tail.  Looked really weird and the other cat wouldn't go near him at first. 

The vet said they had some clients that had their cats shaved every spring so they wouldn't get the matted fur.

I also saw an ad in Facebook for some sort of gadget  trimmer to get rid of the mats.
Hobbes not being with us any longer I let the ad go by so don't even remember that name of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Daisy Jane

https://www.amazon.com/Chirpy-Pets-Shedding-Grooming-Deshedding/dp/B0178VW3PS
I haven't used it, but it has a 4.8 rating with nearly 3,500 reviews.

Typically I only hear of people shaving cats when severe matting takes place.
  •