Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Visibility

Started by Megan., March 25, 2018, 07:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

There is no right or wrong answer to this, but for those that aren't 100% stealth, to what extent are you out, visible and active as a trans-person?

I'm a leader on my multinational employers LGBT network, and have spoken on LGBT and trans* issues at several internal and external events including internationally. This was mostly because I transitioned at work (visibly) so I figured I'd make lemonade with my lemons.

But I'm starting to feel I'd like to reduce my profile and just 'live my life'.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

MeTony

I'm not completely out yet. But when I do...my entire workplace will know. And I have about 260 facebook contacts that I know in person, at least 99% of them.

I won't go quietly. It's impossible.

Tony
  •  

MeTony

I will propably just go on with my life after I come out. I have too much other things to do than being a spokes person of trans rights.
  •  

KathyLauren

I am a trans woman and I am out, visible and active.  But I am not very active as as trans person.  I have not spoken publicly on trans topics, and I don't flaunt my transness.  I am quite happy to go about my business quietly.  My main form of activism is the normalization of transness.  In other words, just being a regular person while visibly trans.

However, I do up my visibility for special occasions.  I am planning to wear my trans triangle pendant for TDoV later this week, as well as a trans flag button.  I have gone to flag-raising ceremonies for Pride week, where I hung out with my trans sisters.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Megan. on March 25, 2018, 07:12:28 AM
There is no right or wrong answer to this, but for those that aren't 100% stealth, to what extent are you out, visible and active as a trans-person?

I'm a leader on my multinational employers LGBT network, and have spoken on LGBT and trans* issues at several internal and external events including internationally. This was mostly because I transitioned at work (visibly) so I figured I'd make lemonade with my lemons.

But I'm starting to feel I'd like to reduce my profile and just 'live my life.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Megan:  EXACTLY!!!   Since I went full time a over a year and a half ago that is what I am doing, just living my life and enjoying my life as a female. 
I work long hours at my business, have lots of activities with my male and female friends, enjoy going to the gym with a group of cis-females, enjoy going out to dinner with various friends (including a special male suitor that I have mentioned previously here and there) ....  as the weather warms up I will again go hiking, run some half-marathons and charity events, etc.. like I have always done...   this is what it is about for me, to try to get back to "normal" living my life.  (whatever "normal" is ???)
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 25, 2018, 08:18:04 AM
I am a trans woman and I am out, visible and active.  But I am not very active as as trans person.  I have not spoken publicly on trans topics, and I don't flaunt my transness.  I am quite happy to go about my business quietly.  My main form of activism is the normalization of transness.  In other words, just being a regular person while visibly trans.

However, I do up my visibility for special occasions.  I am planning to wear my trans triangle pendant for TDoV later this week, as well as a trans flag button.  I have gone to flag-raising ceremonies for Pride week, where I hung out with my trans sisters.
Pretty much this.  I don't plan to be an activist, but should fate thrust something at me I won't shy away.

Now that I am out everywhere, I hope go be able to attend a few Pride events.  They usually seem to be in June around here, Pridefest in Milwaukee the biggie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Corrina

I am invisible right now so as to speak. Besides my feminine traits and the way I walk like a woman but I've been this way naturally my whole life. Some women are suspect to this but men are not unless they are gay. I have no sexual preference of attraction right now but have been questioned about what I am. Not even who. I do want to start soon transitioning would be a big step especially in the open! Have any advice?
  •