Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Quote from: davina61 on December 06, 2018, 06:06:03 AM
Good news its clearing, just had a random thought- does this mean if you walk like your drunk when you are sober do you walk sober when your drunk??? (I do have a VERY random brain)

Hi Davina,                        06 December 2018

Very interesting question. Since I do not use alcohol, illegal substances or any other mind altering things, I wouldn't know. Maybe one of these days I'll do a supervised experiment and see what happens. If I do, you'll be the second to know, Dena will be the first.

Thanks, Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 05, 2018, 05:02:47 PM
@Alaskan Danielle
@RandyL
@christinej78
Dear Christine:
I am so glad that you are still alive and kicking and have not had another emergency room forced visit...   
Regarding med Lisinopril, I have a friend taking it for her blood pressure and it has so many bad side effects, her biggest issue is dry coughs and terrible continuous headaches.

For her blood pressure it has been working great but she is due to visit her doctor next month and talk about alternative blood pressure meds... there are so very many available and perhaps her doctor can be comfortable prescribing something different...   then of course with a different med there may be new and different side effects to deal with or it just may not work as well for her.   So far she has had no issues with blood clots as you have experienced.

.... I am so glad that you have found a very good advisor and confidante in our lovely @Dena  .... based on her myriad and plethora of past posts here on the Forums she is quite knowledgeable on things like this and other issues relating to transitioning.

Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date....  try to stay out of the emergency room if you can, the food, if there is any is not good, the beds are uncomfortable and it is so noisy that you can't sleep!

Hugs and wishing you good health as always,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                   06 December 2018

The dry coughs are fairly common with many BP meds. I could barely speak while using lisinopril, my voice would squeak, be extremely hoarse and sometimes no voice at all. It's an old med and works well if you are lucky enough to escape the lousy side affects.

You're glad? I'm thrilled and feel very privileged to have her as my best friend, advisor, confidant and the person I love and cherish beyond all else. She has brought more joy to my life than I have ever known prior to meeting her. 

Quote from: RandyL on December 05, 2018, 05:22:13 PM
Congratulations to you, Chris, and to @Dena. You are both important to us here on Susan's, and now to each other as well! I hope your recovery goes quickly.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Hi Randy,                  06 December 2018

Thanks Randy for the kind thoughts and congratulations. Dena is the most precious person ever in my life. She has an IQ that Einstein would be envious of. Her knowledge base runs from Nuclear Energy to cooking and everything in between. It is extremely rare that I use Wikipedia, I just ask Dena.

Well my friends, I thank all of you for your thoughts and gracious comments. I also want to thank Dena for being in my life; I Love her more than words can say.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

christinej78

Hi Randy R,                      07 December 2018

I'm thinking you will be quite surprised that I am posting this for you and all the folks I know at Aero Valley Airport (52F) in Texas. I hope you now believe that I wasn't joking when I told you I am a MTF (Male To Female) transsexual.

For me this has been a most fantastic adventure on the "Transition Highway." Here at "Susan's Place" I have met some of the finest people one could ever want to meet; this is where I have met the love of my life. Hopefully in the near future I will have all my ducks lined up and will be relocating to Phoenix, AZ to be with Dena.

So now you know where to find me and learn of my adventures. I'll be back out to the airport sometime this next week. It will have to be a day when the sunshine is other than liquid. Maybe we can discuss a certain 1969 Dodge 440 Six-Pack with 0002681 original miles on it that has been stored these past 49 years.

See you soon; take care amigos.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                          21 December 2018

Just stopped by to wish one and all a Blessed Christmas and New Year and hope all here at Susan's Place achieve all their hopes and dreams.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Linde

Thank you Christine, I wish the same to you!

And I would like to wish everybody here a Susan's a wonderful holiday season!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

pamelatransuk

Dear Christine and Linde

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2019.

I look forward to reading and sharing and posting with both of you.

Christmas Hugs to you both

Pamela  xx

•  

Linde

Quote from: pamelatransuk on December 22, 2018, 07:45:21 AM
Dear Christine and Linde

Pamela  xx
Thank you so much Pamela
I hope we all will continue our adventurous journey into fem-dome with lots of good experiences, and to finally be able to live our real lives!

Happy holidays to all of you!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 07:27:48 AM
Thank you Christine, I wish the same to you!

And I would like to wish everybody here a Susan's a wonderful holiday season!

Hi Linde,                       22 December 2018

Thank you my friend. I hope you continue your progress and the sharing of it here on Susan's Place. Wishing you and your family a fantastic Christmas.

Quote from: pamelatransuk on December 22, 2018, 07:45:21 AM
Dear Christine and Linde

Pamela  xx

Hi Pamela,                        22  December 2018

Thank you young lady, I wish the same for you and yours. I love hearing from you and Linde, you both are great posters and have lots of great advice for those of us out here.

Quote from: Christine
My DVT seems to be getting better. I am satisfied with the med, Xarelto. I'm now on 20mg qd (once per day).This will last for another five months as the standard protocol is six months total which includes the starter kit with two separate dosages over the course of the first month.

This was a close call, which could have been a real disaster had it not been for Dena coming to my rescue with great advice: "Get yourself to the hospital emergency room immediately and not the Doc-In-A-Box variety." She saved my life and I cannot thank her enough.

If anyone out here experiences the same or similar symptoms, please follow Dena's advice and get to a hospital emergency department ASAP. DVT's are serious business and should not be looked at as though they are minor problems; they are serious and could result in death if not treated promptly and correctly.

Thank You Dena my Dear for saving my rusty bucket. I love you more than words can say and I always will.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!

Best always, Love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
I hope and trust that you are finding the joy and happiness that you deserve so I am giving you my expression of the holiday season that we are now in:
wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a prosperous and Happy NEW YEAR  in 2019

Hugs and as always, Well Wishes
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jenny1969

Merry Christmas and I hope the new year brings you everything you want!!
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Jenny1969 on December 30, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
Merry Christmas and I hope the new year brings you everything you want!!

Hi Jenny,                         30 December 2018

Thank you Dear. Wishing you and yours a Very Blessed Christmas and New Year.

Welcome to Susan's; I see you are fairly new here and hope you have been welcomed by the official Welcome Wagon folks. I'm nobody special, just the "Good Humor Lady," an unofficial title Susan Baum bestowed upon me, so all I can do is welcome you without all the bells and whistles.

You are in a great place as Susan's Place is full of very nice, kind and knowledgeable folks, excluding me of course. Ask any question you have and don't be afraid it might be a dumb one. The only dumb question is the one we are afraid to ask.

Welcome to the club; enjoy yourself.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
It was wonderful for me to meet you on the Forums this past year...
I have so much enjoyed your updates as you continue on in your journey.
Thank you for feeling free to share your life events with all of us.   

I have very much enjoyed swapping comments and thoughts with you on your thread, my thread, and on various threads around the Forums.
Obviously some bumps in the road that all of us experience so continue to hang on for an exciting ride.

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this last year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR   in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

christinej78

Hola, mis amigas y amigos,                   01 Enero 2019

Just a short DVT update; my treatment appears to be going well. My feet have regained some feeling that has been absent since 2007 when I was first diagnosed with Asymmetrical Peripheral Neuropathy with the left side being more pronounced than the right.

I have been on and off BP meds for about 10 years (best that I can remember). I have found that if I maintain a healthy diet and get a fair amount of regular aerobic exercise, I can usually wean (key word) myself off those meds. The reason I mention this here is I have a suspicion that BP meds may have contributed to the formation of my DVT.

A note of caution:

Never stop BP meds cold turkey. This is a prescription for a heart attack and or a stroke. Only do so under the supervision of a qualified heart doctor.

If at any time you suspect you have a DVT, get to a real hospital Emergency Department. DVT's are not to be taken lightly, they can kill you or cause you a crippling disability you don't even want to contemplate.

Dena, the love of my life, has been overseeing my treatment. She is the one that saved my life by telling me to get my buns to the real hospital Emergency Department and not some "Doc-In-A-Box" located in a Wally World parking lot.

We have discovered what appears to be good way of administering the medication Xarelto. It is supposed to be taken with food. It seems if the med is taken right after a fairly substantial meal the med performs much better. The swelling in my left leg diminished substantially when this has been done. Dena's thinking is that the med remains in the digestive tract longer when there is more food preceding it thereby putting more of the med into the blood stream.

Almost forgot: My high school Alumni Association has commissioned a new alumni directory. I was contacted by the publisher to update my records (not the prison ones). I decided to have them publish my bio under the name and gender I will have when I officially change them early this year. Thought this would be the ideal way to out myself to my classmates, saving me a bunch of stamps and time.

That's about it for this morning. Hope you all have a Very Healthy and Happy New Year.

Thank You Dena, You are my Guardian Angel and I Love You.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

davina61

Looks like a good start for a happy new year, glad you have the DVT under control . Stay safe XXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

christinej78

I9 January 2019

"Christine's Misadventures on the Highway 17 January 2019"

Had a little excitement late Thursday (17 Jan 19) evening. Dena and I were Skyping when I realized it was getting late and I needed milk for breakfast. Around 2200 hrs (10:00 PM) I decided to head to Braum's Dairy store. I headed east on my only access road out of here; cruising along at the posted speed limit, about a mile and a half along I woke up and wouldn't you know it, a couple trees jumped right out in front of me. I swerved and missed the BIG one and kind of gave the second one a right punch to the torso with the passenger side of the car.

It felt and sounded like an explosion; glass and all kinds of shrapnel were flying around inside. Once safely past those nasty trees, I looked around and saw a huge gap where the door used to meet the "A" pillar and roof; the dashboard ain't the same as it used to be either. Conclusion: The car is no longer weather tight. The right "A" pillar was moved rearward and up changing the contour of the roof, The right front fender and door are trashed, But the old buzzard continued to drive in a normal fashion so I continued on to Braum's.

When I stepped out of the car, lots of glass crumbs fell to the ground. Went in, got my milk and headed home. It was a drafty ride to say the least,  and my vision out the right side of the windscreen was somewhat compromised by the distortion of the glass. I made it home in one piece and the car made it home in more pieces than it started with.

Dena was there waiting for me on Skype. She suggested I run to the emergency room to have them check my right eye as some junk did get into it, possibly glass. I do follow her advice as She has saved me before and I wasn't about to question her judgment.

Decided not to drive my recently customized S10 Blazer so I asked a neighbor to do the deed for me. Got in quickly and had it checked; nothing could be seen in it but the eyewash eliminated the sensation of foreign substances being there.

When I arrived home about an hour or so later, Dena was still there waiting for me. Thank You Dena, I Love You more each passing day.

My decision to go out to buy milk was a poor one. I was tired and knew it. As I started down the road a voice inside me told me to turn around and go home. I told myself I could make it OK. Results indicate otherwise; my decision to push on was an extremely poor one. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Moral to this story: If you can't figure it out, my telling you won't be of much help.

Anyone want to buy a 1999 S10 Blazer? I'm selling one cheap that has new tires on the rear and a full tank of gas.

Best always, Love
Christine
  •  

GingerVicki

This is no good. At least you seemed to make it out ok. On the flip side, tomorrows breakfast is taken care of right?

I'm always trying to look on the bright side.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 19, 2019, 03:22:50 AM
This is no good. At least you seemed to make it out ok. On the flip side, tomorrows breakfast is taken care of right?

I'm always trying to look on the bright side.

Thanks GingerVicki,                       19 January 2019

So have I been since I met Dena, She is the Sunshine in my life.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

pamelatransuk

Christine

I hope this incident did not upset you or Dena too much.

I am relieved you were not injured or caused injury.

Wishing you both a good weekend.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Anne Blake

Christine,

We are so sorry to hear of your accident. Take care of yourself girl! And next time, please tell us to fix our car ourselves and to not let you crawl around working so hard to help us and tiring yourself out.

We love you lady,
Debi & Tia Anne
  •  

Linde

Christine
Those 10 sec naps really succ, don't they.  One misses so many important things while napping!  I modified a vehicle like this (and it was close to Fredericksburg in Texas), mine was a Subaru Outback (exactly one year old!!), but I had to be cut out of the vehicle with those things called Jaws of Life.  Needles to say, no dealer wanted to take my Subaru as a trade in for a new vehicle.

Be careful in the future, as I said,  am not ready to be the only old trans woman here!  And i think you will not get to many takers for your Blazer, after all, who wants an old car like this?  A different version of pimping it might have worked for selling it easier?

Good luck for your future car rides, and be careful!
Hugs and love
Linde

•