Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pokemon Teams

Started by DustKitten, June 21, 2018, 11:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustKitten

Dunno how many people here are familiar with the series, but right now I'm playing Pokemon Gold and my team looks like:

-Flaaffy
-Mankey
-Croconaw
-Sandslash
-Pidgeotto

I'm in Ecruteak City, I don't know what I want for the last member of my team. I was thinking a Dragonite would be ok since it can learn Waterfall and it'd be convenient to not have to switch out when I need the HM; I'm also considering adding an Espeon or Houndoom to deal with Psychic and Ghost types (Since Espeon can learn Shadow Ball), but iirc I can't catch a Houndour till late game, and I always seem to end up with an eeveelution on my teams so I want to go with something different (my Sandslash has also already wiped the floor with Morty, so I don't need to worry about ghosts as much now--also the Ghastly line is part poison, so I've already got that covered).
Umbreon is out for me; I don't like its low attacking stats and its Gen II movepool is likewise lackluster on the offensive side. I generally prefer sweepers and tanks to stallers in the main games.

Thoughts, suggestions? If anyone else plays, would you like to post your teams or favorite pokemon?
  •  

Amaki

Quote from: DustKitten on June 21, 2018, 11:02:39 PM
Dunno how many people here are familiar with the series, but right now I'm playing Pokemon Gold and my team looks like:

-Flaaffy
-Mankey
-Croconaw
-Sandslash
-Pidgeotto

I'm in Ecruteak City, I don't know what I want for the last member of my team. I was thinking a Dragonite would be ok since it can learn Waterfall and it'd be convenient to not have to switch out when I need the HM; I'm also considering adding an Espeon or Houndoom to deal with Psychic and Ghost types (Since Espeon can learn Shadow Ball), but iirc I can't catch a Houndour till late game, and I always seem to end up with an eeveelution on my teams so I want to go with something different (my Sandslash has also already wiped the floor with Morty, so I don't need to worry about ghosts as much now--also the Ghastly line is part poison, so I've already got that covered).
Umbreon is out for me; I don't like its low attacking stats and its Gen II movepool is likewise lackluster on the offensive side. I generally prefer sweepers and tanks to stallers in the main games.

Thoughts, suggestions? If anyone else plays, would you like to post your teams or favorite pokemon?

well it does seem like a solid team, Id recommend a fire type for the time being just to balance out but yeah I personally would get a dragonite, but they literally only appear at the last city in the trial of dragon or whatever(I remember the game but city and place names fail me without looking it up)

the day and night cycle made it fun to have eevee, and the best way for Houndour from Serebii.net shows route 7 at night (rare but there)
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

DustKitten

I ended up adding a Seel to my team. No judging :) I'm aware that almost every other pokemon in the game would be better than adding a Dewgong as a second water type, but her face just looks really dopey and cute and I love her.

I'm definitely the looks-over-utility type when I play. Last time I played gold I had an Azumarill and a Machoke on my team, and my current Ultra Sun team has a non-mega Lopunny (because she's a shiny and pink and too adorable not to be on my team).
  •