Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Voice training resources

Started by BlueJaye, March 24, 2018, 09:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good voice training resources? I have been practicing on my own and feel very inconsistent. Every once in a while I sound okay, but a lot of the time I sound terrible.
  •  

Dena

Might I suggest you set up Discord? It has a voice chat ability so you work on your voice in a voice chat environment. The important thing is to have another ear that can correct you and tell you what you can't hear.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: Dena on March 24, 2018, 03:47:24 PM
Might I suggest you set up Discord? It has a voice chat ability so you work on your voice in a voice chat environment. The important thing is to have another ear that can correct you and tell you what you can't hear.

Thank you. And thanks for moving this to the correct location. I didn't realize there was a whole separate area for this type of topic.
  •  

Dena

It takes 2-3 months for a new moderator to learn where everything is on the site. Most users only need a few of them but when your a moderator, it's always a question of " is this the best place for this"?
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •