Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgirl

Looks like a beautiful area to hike! Some of those pictures reminded me of hiking in the Rockies in south eastern BC! The rocky trails and the mountain vistas and lake! How were the temperatures?
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 22, 2018, 04:12:38 PM
UPDATE, Friday, June 22, 2018
I have been neglect in keeping my readers and followers informed of my goings-on
with my dental hygienist female Suitor #4

Last Weekend we went on a backpacking overnight trip into the nearby hills and a lake... #4 and I went on the overnight hike with one of our gym-girls friends and her husband. 
Your pictures are beautiful, Danielle!  Reminds me of my hiking days in the Alberta Rockies.  I actually met my wife on top of a mountain on one of those hikes.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Danielle, WOW! That is stunning scenery. The area to camp by the lake is really beautiful, and the surrounding mountains......all I can say is wow!!!

I'm glad you decided to go on this overnight hiking trip. You previously mentioned #4 inviting you and you were initially undecided whether to go or not.

A midnight hike is something my wife talks about a lot. It's on her bucket list of things to do. I'd like to do that too. It seems like such a novelty for someone that doesn't experience constant daylight.

Good idea to have 4 of you and some extra protection when in bear (and other wildlife) country that could seriously harm you. Extra safety in numbers.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You live in an amazing part of the world.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Katie Jade

Lovely scenery, a bit like the lake district in the UK, or Birmingham but only wild beasts there though are the COUGAR's.... they prowl for the innocent all the time :)
lol
Seriously that is seriously beautiful country and you look just as good Danielle, suits you very well.
Take care Hun, don't want you damaged at all (after all your threads are my bed time reading)
Hugz n Love
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dena on June 22, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
I would think living that far north, a sleeping mask would be an absolute requirement. The other option is when my roommate was working graveyard shift, we completely sealed her bedroom from light so she could sleep during the day. I still have a sizable chunk of black plastic should I need to do it again.Unfortunately the neighbor in the condo had a dog that was a yapper and they would put it on the porch just below her bedroom about 8AM. I am not sure it's wise for me to post some of the ideas that crossed her mind to do away with the dog.

@Dena:  Yes, indeed we all did had sleeping masks, a necessity up here as you so indicated.... but when getting up to "find a tree" in the middle of the "night" we are then briefly exposed to bright sunlight ...  it is hard to get back into the sleeping mode again after that.

Yep, you are right about the black plastic and the yappy neighbor's dog... it is a good thing that we can't get arrested for our private thoughts.

Thanks for reading and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 22, 2018, 08:57:51 PM
[/b]  Yes, indeed we all did had sleeping masks, a necessity up here as you so indicated.... but when getting up to "find a tree" in the middle of the "night" we are then briefly exposed to bright sunlight ...  it is hard to get back into the sleeping mode again after that.
Then really really  dark sunglasses just for those special trips. On the other hand, that $@#$# Spiro doesn't help any.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: islandgirl on June 22, 2018, 05:51:00 PM
Looks like a beautiful area to hike! Some of those pictures reminded me of hiking in the Rockies in south eastern BC! The rocky trails and the mountain vistas and lake! How were the temperatures?

@islandgirl
Kelly: The temps were moderate... even at the higher elevation we were at...  low to high 50's during the middle of the day and low to mid 40's at "night"

Yes indeed the scenery is very breathtaking up here...  of course the Rockies and other western North American mountain ranges are just as beautiful as you stated.

Thank you for reading and for your posting.
Hugs,
Daniell
e

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on June 22, 2018, 08:02:20 PM
Lovely scenery, a bit like the lake district in the UK, or Birmingham but only wild beasts there though are the COUGAR's.... they prowl for the innocent all the time :)
lol
Seriously that is seriously beautiful country and you look just as good Danielle, suits you very well.
Take care Hun, don't want you damaged at all (after all your threads are my bed time reading)
Hugz n Love
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel:

@Katie Again:
Dear Katie:  I have been to the UK but not much beyond London, it was a business trip about 8 year ago...
..it was well before my transition.... when I go again sometime in the future it will probably be a vacation so then I  can get out of the big cities and see some sights in the country areas..

Thanks for your kind words. No worries, I am not planning to get damaged so your bed time reading may continue.
Thank you for posting... your thoughts are always welcome here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 22, 2018, 07:42:10 PM
Your pictures are beautiful, Danielle!  Reminds me of my hiking days in the Alberta Rockies.  I actually met my wife on top of a mountain on one of those hikes.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Thanks for your comment... yes indeed this is a beautiful place to live...
...of course, as you mentioned, the western North American mountain ranges are likewise very beautiful as well.   

So, tell me, was your wife on a hike with her friends... and then your group and her group met each other on the hike??  ... and then the sparks flew!!!!????
Thanks again for your posting on my thread, please feel free to post here often.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jayne01 on June 22, 2018, 07:46:16 PM
Danielle, WOW! That is stunning scenery. The area to camp by the lake is really beautiful, and the surrounding mountains......all I can say is wow!!!

I'm glad you decided to go on this overnight hiking trip. You previously mentioned #4 inviting you and you were initially undecided whether to go or not.

A midnight hike is something my wife talks about a lot. It's on her bucket list of things to do. I'd like to do that too. It seems like such a novelty for someone that doesn't experience constant daylight.

Good idea to have 4 of you and some extra protection when in bear (and other wildlife) country that could seriously harm you. Extra safety in numbers.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You live in an amazing part of the world.

Hugs,
Jayne

@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:  Thank you for reading and following my thread... and for posting your comments.

Yes indeed, this is a very beautiful area up here.... although when I was in Australia in mid-January
I visited the Blue Mountains just northwest of Sydney.... likewise very beautiful area...  however when I was there it was in the middle of a heatwave, many days approaching 100+ F.  I melt when it gets that hot... that is why I like living in Alaska.

Yes, indeed, this was the hiking trip that #4 wanted me to go on with her.  It was a very good decision that I made to agree to go with her.... she is lots of fun  ::) :icon_chick: :-*   We are planning more activities together for sure.

Stay tuned to this channel and keep your popcorn bowl full !!!
Thanks again for coming to my thread...
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dena on June 22, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
I would think living that far north, a sleeping mask would be an absolute requirement. The other option is when my roommate was working graveyard shift, we completely sealed her bedroom from light so she could sleep during the day. I still have a sizable chunk of black plastic should I need to do it again.Unfortunately the neighbor in the condo had a dog that was a yapper and they would put it on the porch just below her bedroom about 8AM. I am not sure it's wise for me to post some of the ideas that crossed her mind to do away with the dog.
Hi Dena,               23 June 2018

Lots of chocolate works wonders; unfortunately, it's not the Dog's fault, it the F-ing owner that has caused the problem. S&W has a cure for the owner.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dena on June 22, 2018, 09:35:32 PM
Then really really  dark sunglasses just for those special trips. On the other hand, that $@#$# Spiro doesn't help any.

Dena,              23 June 2018

If one cuts out the nuts, one can cut out the spiro; two problems resolved with the flick of a scalpel. From one who done did what needed to be done do'd. Willy will thank you when you done do it.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 22, 2018, 10:07:35 PM
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:  Thank you for reading and following my thread... and for posting your comments.

Yes indeed, this is a very beautiful area up here.... although when I was in Australia in mid-January
I visited the Blue Mountains just northwest of Sydney.... likewise very beautiful area...  however when I was there it was in the middle of a heatwave, many days approaching 100+ F.  I melt when it gets that hot... that is why I like living in Alaska.

Yes, indeed, this was the hiking trip that #4 wanted me to go on with her.  It was a very good decision that I made to agree to go with her.... she is lots of fun  ::) :icon_chick: :-*   We are planning more activities together for sure.

Stay tuned to this channel and keep your popcorn bowl full !!!
Thanks again for coming to my thread...
Hugs,
Danielle

WAIT........WHAT???.....You were where?.......when??????? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Girl!....Two things have saved you from me hiring @Laurie to place you on top of a fridge:
1) I'm pretty sure mid January was before we had met here at Susan's, and
2) my wife and I left for an overseas holiday in mid January,
Otherwise, I would love to have met you during your trip down under. How long where you in Australia for and where else did you visit? Yes the middle of summer here can get quite hot and humid. There was one day here a few years ago where the temperature reached an extreme 49C (120F), that was the hottest day I have ever experienced. It was horrible. I am not good friends with high heat, we do not get along very well at all. Maybe someday my wife and I can pack up and move to the colder north. My wife is Canadian, so that might make it easier for me to get a residence visa in Canada. Somewhere with real mountains and snow would be nice.

I am assuming you visited the Three Sisters at Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains. Katoomba is about an hour and a half drive from my place. I live at the southwest edge of Sydney. Of course "mountains" is kind of an affectionate term, these here are more like hills compared to other mountains around the world.

I can almost see the smile on your face from here when you talk about #4. It's wonderful that you have so much fun with her, doing activities you both enjoy.

My popcorn bowl is full, I have a microwave on standby and a box full of popcorn ready to pop. I don't want to miss any part of this story. Your thread is one I follow very closely with great interest.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 22, 2018, 09:53:05 PM
So, tell me, was your wife on a hike with her friends... and then your group and her group met each other on the hike??  ... and then the sparks flew!!!!????
I was a member of a hiking club and I was on one of their regular weekend hikes.  This was a large club that had many hikes going out every weekend.  At the weekly meetings, I had seen a new member who looked kinda cute, but I hadn't had a chance to talk to her.  She had obviously been a member for a few weeks, but had been on different hikes than me.

So this time, she and I ended up on the same hike.  It was quite a challenging hike, but she was pretty spunky and didn't balk at the difficult parts.  I don't have photos from that hike, but this is a photo I found online of that route (with some random person I don't know).

She did that part with some hesitation, but without problems, and I was even more interested.  So, at the summit, I sat next to her as we ate our lunches and struck up a conversation.

She didn't have a car, and was taking the bus to club meetings.  So one day, not too long after that, I got a phone cell from her: would I mind giving her a ride home from the meeting, because she didn't like riding the bus alone at night, and I lived fairly close. 

The rest is history, as they say.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 22, 2018, 04:12:38 PM
UPDATE, Friday, June 22, 2018
I did bring my friends Smith & Wesson along just in case we had difficulties with wildlife... (the husband of our friend also had his) on the trip we did see 2 bears, 1 moose, and various deer and elk. There were obviously wolves and cougars around also.... . plus the perpetual daylight kept all of them mostly hiding in the trees and out of sight when they were aware of our presence.
As always:  more updates coming when time permits..............

Hi Danielle,                       23 June 2018

In this case size does matter; what size and type S&W did you take along? "Dirty Harry" carried the minimum you should have with you for protection. Anything lessor will only make the Bad Arsed "aminal" more Pi**ed than it already is. S&W makes a nice .50 for dangerous situations. I do want to congratulate you for taking something along for protection. A gun is useless if you don't have it with you and it won't shoot anything unless you "tell it to."

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 23, 2018, 06:38:02 AM
I was a member of a hiking club and I was on one of their regular weekend hikes.  This was a large club that had many hikes going out every weekend.  At the weekly meetings, I had seen a new member who looked kinda cute, but I hadn't had a chance to talk to her.  She had obviously been a member for a few weeks, but had been on different hikes than me.

So this time, she and I ended up on the same hike.  It was quite a challenging hike, but she was pretty spunky and didn't balk at the difficult parts.  I don't have photos from that hike, but this is a photo I found online of that route (with some random person I don't know).

She did that part with some hesitation, but without problems, and I was even more interested.  So, at the summit, I sat next to her as we ate our lunches and struck up a conversation.

She didn't have a car, and was taking the bus to club meetings.  So one day, not too long after that, I got a phone cell from her: would I mind giving her a ride home from the meeting, because she didn't like riding the bus alone at night, and I lived fairly close. 

The rest is history, as they say.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:   Wow, that is a great story of how you met your wife....  and wow-whee, what is shown in that picture that is much more than a hike on trails... I have hiked on a lot of trails in the mountains and foothills, sometimes including snow and ice...  and have navigated narrow trails with steep drop-offs but, when I go hiking I don't desire to be climbing vertical walls of rock...  So, did your hiking group usually include stuff like that in their planned hiking locations?
Thanks for your reply with details about your meeting your wife and that heart-stopping picture.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 23, 2018, 10:19:02 AM
@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:   Wow, that is a great story of how you met your wife....  and wow-whee, what is shown in that picture that is much more than a hike on trails... I have hiked on a lot of trails in the mountains and foothills, sometimes including snow and ice...  and have navigated narrow trails with steep drop-offs but, when I go hiking I don't desire to be climbing vertical walls of rock...  So, did your hiking group usually include stuff like that in their planned hiking locations?
Thanks for your reply with details about your meeting your wife and that heart-stopping picture.
Hugs,
Danielle

The club rated "hikes" based on the type of activity and difficulty.  They had "trail", "off-trail", "scramble", and "mountaineering", each in levels 1-5.  A scramble means you need to use your hands but not mountaineering equipment.

This particular trip was a very popular one, and was mostly easy.  The leader would have described it as "Off-trail 2, with one short pitch of Scramble 4."  Not an unusual combination in that club.
  •  

Karen

Danielle, long time no talk.   Wow.  Those are amazing photos.  What beautiful country and you look so happy and at home. 

It is interesting to see how many on your thread love the real outdoors.   Being on water and in the woods is my happy place...it always has been.  All this discussion is inspiring me to get out hiking and exploring again.  I can smell the pine trees and cedars as I write this.

Sorry I have not been active lately.  As I said in my thread, I just needed space and time to be quite and with my emotions.   All is good....one day at a time. 

Thanks to you, and all of you for your sharing and inspiration. 

Karen

Ps I would add a picture but don't know how :)
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

davina61

What stunning views, if you ever get to the UK come and see the Malvern Hills (mere stumps compared to yours) but the view across the valley is great all the way to the Cotswolds . Ask Kendra she took a photo. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

View from Malvern Hills above Davina's place is wonderful but unfortunately the photos I took from the top didn't turn out.  Which just means I'll need to go back and take better pictures.  But here's one I took approaching a village in the Cotswolds.

And Davina navigating an obstacle course:
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •