News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonja

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 07, 2018, 09:03:14 PM
***OH... Licorice Allsorts.... my favorites pieces are the coconut wheels and the non-perils.

@Alaskan Danielle

my favourites are Liquorice : Catherine wheels
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barratt-Liquorice-Catherine-Wheels-x20/dp/B0048AAS9G

followed closely by giant liquorice allsorts ( which as I looked it up then might be uniquely NZ, I can't find websites outside of NZ with them..hmm. - they're normal multilayered ones but enormous! -- ALSO why have Americans changed the spelling of every english word???  the spell checker on here keeps underlining EVERYTHING i type in red - I'm spelling it the same way the QUEEN does!!  its spelt Liquorice LOL )

colour, liquorice, favourite, there's a stack more I can't think of right now, Why did the spelling get changed in America? anyone?

Sonja.. 
  •  

Jessica

Darling Danielle!  I  am certainly happy you are having a good time with Shyguy.  I am personally hoping the best with him since he seems to be a bit of an underdog.  He does appear to be breaking out of his shell and my impression is that you are very important to him.  He will dress nicely for you, he respects you in oh so many ways, like you he's athletic and you both have found the same spot to settle in! 
But the very same thing can be said about Miss Hygienist, identical qualities! 
That leaves the lead barista to find a different take on it all, to mix things up?
Who else is going to make that triple shot latte?

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KatieP

I think you have hit it on the head, Jessica. The issue in deciding between the two suitors is which one provides the best non-date perqs! Personally, I think #4 Barista has quite an edge, although I don't recall the perqs that came from #3...

;D

Kate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Sonja on August 07, 2018, 09:55:10 PM
ALSO why have Americans changed the spelling of every english word???  the spell checker on here keeps underlining EVERYTHING i type in red - I'm spelling it the same way the QUEEN does!!  its spelt Liquorice LOL )

colour, liquorice, favourite, there's a stack more I can't think of right now, Why did the spelling get changed in America? anyone?

Sonja..
Sonja, it's a little known fact that during the American Civil War, there was a law passed that restricted how many times the letter U can be utilised. The reasons why have been lost in history leaving behind a mystery that many have tried to solve. It so happens that one of my favourite things to do is enjoying the colour of Sydney harbour in the morning while sitting in the candy parlour eating some liquorice.

Today's lesson has been brought to you by the letter U.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Jayne
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 07, 2018, 10:33:47 PM
It so happens that one of my favourite things to do is enjoying the colour of Sydney harbour in the morning while sitting in the candy parlour eating some liquorice.

Jayne
@Jayne01  HAHA - Jayne - Official champion of our post-Norman tongue!  Thank you for the lesson and for defending the virtuous letter U

Sonja.
  •  

KatieP

Based on some of your spellings, Jayne, I would say that same law appears to have been applied to the letter Zed...

;D

Kate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: KatieP on August 07, 2018, 11:35:49 PM
Based on some of your spellings, Jayne, I would say that same law appears to have been applied to the letter Zed...

;D

Kate
I'm glad  you said Zed and not Zee. [emoji23]

I have great troubles identifying when I need to use an S or a Z in some words. I let autocorrect on my phone take care of that for me. [emoji16]
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 07, 2018, 09:03:14 PM
Dear Sonja:
Oh, yes indeed, my Saturday day-date with #3 was so very much fun.  For sure the dynamics of being with a guy versus a woman are like 180 degrees out of phase, but I am finding that both types of dates can be not only exciting but also challenging in a way.  With a man I sometimes have difficulty being the subservient woman that waits to be helped out of the car, helped with my coat and waiting for the door to be opened for me... and waiting for the guy to make the moves with kissing and hand holding and such. 
My dates with #4 have been somewhat similar because she seems to be the aggressive type of woman, at least around me when we are together and especially on a date.

Danielle, I'm glad to hear you've been on a date in with the remaining guy. I find I bridle at the idea that accepting small acts of courtesy makes you necessarily subservient. That's the problem with the concept of chivalry, it does usually come along with a lot if retrograde assumptions about gendered roles, rules etc.

I've only ever dated one man and that was long ago and only had sex with one man so far post-op and guys are decidedly not my thing. I have been on a couple of dates with a very sweet butch woman. That was a fun combination of she did some of the things expected from a guy on a date, made a small show of opening doors, paying for our coffee etc. In all other respect however, Especially how she relates and converses, she was like chatting with any other woman ... eye contact, vocal inflections etc ... I wish we'd become lovers, I miss her.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle

Wow, Danielle! I feel really behind on keeping up with all the excitement in your thread. I have to do some "binge-reading" here to catch up.

Glad you had such a nice date with #3. Interesting choice of him suggesting frisbee golf. I have to admit I googled it and it seems to be a much bigger activity all over the country than I ever imagined. It certainly looks like you two had a lot of fun! What a great way to spend a Saturday!

Thank you for sharing some of your added thoughts around the topic of dating. I have long wondered about the differences dating a man versus dating a woman. I was always assuming that this may be on your mind quite a bit. Interesting description of all the differences. I am glad you do take the time to experience both.

I have to admit I start enjoying some of the female perks: Being offered a seat or someone holding the door open? Very nice. Have the Home Depot guy load my car? Also appreciated... At times I do feel bad about it. But thinking back to having been a man, I also know what I always did... holding doors and offering seats. While I always enjoyed the company independent and strong women, I also value some traditions.

Being in a long-term relationship, we now have to figure out the dynamics of a woman-woman relationship. And there are some interesting dynamics here too... Who owns a certain hair band? The occasional clothing mix up and of course a double dose of Estrogen and Progesterone.

I am so happy you are enjoying your life! Whatever comes will lead you to a great future!

Oh - and I love your hair on the photos, nothing better than a hair clip to keep those hairs out of your face 🤗

Thank you so much for sharing your story and all the insights into your life. I am so much looking forward to future installments.

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE Wednesday August 08,2018

I am finally getting around to posting the pictures from my recent airplane trip with my Bush Pilot friend.  It was a very nice day and a lovely flight with great scenery.   In some spots he flew quite low and skirted the hills and mountains...  made for a very exciting adventure for sure.

***More updates coming perhaps later today..............
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 07, 2018, 04:44:21 PM
That's all I saw. Thank you! 

Sorry, I got that from Steph,( Girl Jock)! So, Christine, you are finally going to let that dog touch the ground? Bye the way, what is this 'film' you speak of?
Moni

Hi Moni,                       08 August 2018

You're still looking good... no, great.

As for the film, I only have one camera I know how to operate, a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye; it uses 126 film and has a flash attachment (not a strobe, but Flash Bulbs). It's about 65 years old. I'm having a difficult time locating flash bulbs and film. If you think that's bad, my cell phone has a dial and is attached to the house by a very long wire. Have a tough time while driving... especially heavy traffic.

I have several digal cameras (or whatever they're called); unfortunately I can't find where you put the film, can't tell which end you look in and don't know where the film advance lever is.  Some I bought, others I borrowed... well, never gave em back, and a few magically appeared in my pocket after a shoplifting trip.

As soon as I get the stuff I need I'll have a professional Photog take my picture for a new avatar. It'll be the real me, which is who is in my current avatar.

That's not a Dog floating, that be me; the Dog is the clown holding the leash. I know, a bit small; that's an old photo from 1946 when I was 6. I've changed a bit since... the magic mushrooms have been working wonders.

Take care young lady; you be lookin bad!!! (...young folks, that means fantastic)

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Little planes are the best, I can only imagine the scenery up there.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 08, 2018, 12:13:18 PM

I am finally getting around to posting the pictures from my recent airplane trip with my Bush Pilot friend.  It was a very nice day and a lovely flight with great scenery.   In some spots he flew quite low and skirted the hills and mountains...  made for a very exciting adventure for sure.

Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                 08 August 2018

Had I known you liked to fly low, I'd have kept my plane and taken you for a ride... Low, Fast, and blue side down.

I look at all your photos and the scenery is fantastic; where do you find all the people without faces? Is that a common birth defect in your small town? Don't go marryin one of them there faceless folks; you're to "purdy" to have kids that look like them.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

sarah1972

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures! It is so nice to get these glimpses in your life. You have worked so hard to be accepted in your town and I am very happy you made so many great friends.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 08, 2018, 12:13:18 PM

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 08, 2018, 01:13:14 PM
Little planes are the best, I can only imagine the scenery up there.

Hi Colleen,                08 August 2018

You are correct, they are fun. As I complete more and more orbits around the sun, I need more and more room than the little fun planes offer. I need a door, stairway, aisle, headroom, a big comfy seat and lots of space around me.

You are looking mighty fine; hope all is going well for you.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Yep I'm doing great so far.  I just happened across my old log book from my foray into the world of one wheel, wingtip skids and no engines.

One of these days (as in right after grad school) I'll get my fixed wing powered license.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: christinej78 on August 08, 2018, 01:03:22 PM
Hi Moni,                       08 August 2018

You're still looking good... no, great.

As for the film, I only have one camera I know how to operate, a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye; it uses 126 film and has a flash attachment (not a strobe, but Flash Bulbs). It's about 65 years old. I'm having a difficult time locating flash bulbs and film. If you think that's bad, my cell phone has a dial and is attached to the house by a very long wire. Have a tough time while driving... especially heavy traffic.

I have several digal cameras (or whatever they're called); unfortunately I can't find where you put the film, can't tell which end you look in and don't know where the film advance lever is.  Some I bought, others I borrowed... well, never gave em back, and a few magically appeared in my pocket after a shoplifting trip.

As soon as I get the stuff I need I'll have a professional Photog take my picture for a new avatar. It'll be the real me, which is who is in my current avatar.

That's not a Dog floating, that be me; the Dog is the clown holding the leash. I know, a bit small; that's an old photo from 1946 when I was 6. I've changed a bit since... the magic mushrooms have been working wonders.

Take care young lady; you be lookin bad!!! (...young folks, that means fantastic)

Best Always, Love
Christine

OMG, Christine, you are precious!!! I love your humor. You, ugh, were kidding right? If not I want to meet a clown dog. It's on my bucket list. Not to say this just because you complimented me but you do have a real cute set of paws there yourself. I don't just say that to anybody.
Judging by the description of your phone, I imagine your computer has a hand crank and you have to call Sarah, the operator over in Mount Pilot to get on the internet. Spectin you got one of them 'party lines.'
Funny you should mention 1946. I don't know why, just is!
Oh, I can not blame mushrooms for my behavior, I'm just naturally this way.

Danielle, nice pictures. I was wondering if the buildings seen from the window of the plane is your town.

Danielle, I like to read your thread, just cause, and there are a lot of great people posting and it is so positive. I also thank you for addressing my question about how different it feels to date a man versus a woman. I kind of see this as educational. For some of us out here, attractions are not a simple matter. For a select few, transitioning can make attraction a bit more complicated. What was once clear can get muddled, confusing, and frustrating. Anyway, you speaking of your situation kind of helps me in this regard. For that, I warmly thank you.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 08, 2018, 02:03:29 PM
Yep I'm doing great so far.  I just happened across my old log book from my foray into the world of one wheel, wingtip skids and no engines.

One of these days (as in right after grad school) I'll get my fixed wing powered license.

Hi Colleen,                    08 August 2018

Didn't know you liked gliders; had a friend that was taking training in them and loved them. He also had a Private SEL license. He sure enjoyed flying both.

Good luck with Grad school and your quest for a SEL license. Once you have the license you can fly up to Alaska and take Danielle for an airplane ride.

Take care Colleen.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Colleen_definitely  and  Christinej78
I have been very much enjoying all of this winged flight discussion here... 
I am just a little surprised that @Steph2.0 (Stephanie) didn't chime in on this subject here on this thread.   
On her thread she always has lots of great airplane related photos and her related stories.   Always interesting to read and to see.

PLEASE keep on with your conversation here, you are most welcome to post all that you want about whatever is on your mind.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sonja on August 07, 2018, 09:55:10 PM
@Alaskan Danielle

my favourites are Liquorice : Catherine wheels
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barratt-Liquorice-Catherine-Wheels-x20/dp/B0048AAS9G

followed closely by giant liquorice allsorts ( which as I looked it up then might be uniquely NZ, I can't find websites outside of NZ with them..hmm. - they're normal multilayered ones but enormous! -- ALSO why have Americans changed the spelling of every english word???  the spell checker on here keeps underlining EVERYTHING i type in red - I'm spelling it the same way the QUEEN does!!  its spelt Liquorice LOL )

Sonja..

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 07, 2018, 10:33:47 PM
Sonja, it's a little known fact that during the American Civil War, there was a law passed that restricted how many times the letter U can be utilised. The reasons why have been lost in history leaving behind a mystery that many have tried to solve. It so happens that one of my favourite things to do is enjoying the colour of Sydney harbour in the morning while sitting in the candy parlour eating some liquorice.

Jayne

@Sonja   @Jayne01

Yes indeed, the Brits strange spellings with lots of "u" and "q" letters and apparent spellchecker issues is quite concerning for sure.  It is good to know that all of us Americans, Canadians, British, New Zealanders, and Australians and other Brit spellers are a gracious bunch and are very accepting of the strange spelling that YOU have adopted.   

.... and please note
Jayne that is was not the American Civil War that caused the rift in spelling but rather the British/American Revolutionary war where the printing press was the dominate power of persuasion....  the early printers and presses just did not have enough U and Q letters available...  plus printing those extra letters used too much precious ink.     .....   Just sayin........ and guessin
Hugs,
Danielle

•