Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE: Friday,  September 21, 2018

Yesterday afternoon I was with Shy Guy Suitor #3  and we went plinking (target shooting) out in the woods behind my house ...

I have just recently purchased a new small hammer-less semi-auto pistol to conceal carry in my purse.  So I wanted to get a little practice time in with it. 

The Taurus Curve Model 180 is a cute and light (13 ounces) little thing,....
.380 auto (9mm short) , double action, 6 round magazine.

This is not a pistol that I take with me on my hikes to defend against dangerous wildlife but is useful to defend against more human-like dangers and small animals... and since it is so small and light it is a firearm that is easily concealable and can be carried in my purse, which means that I will have it with me most of the time, as long as I have my purse with me.  It is essentially only most useful for short range close encounters for self-defense.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

well if that's your close target shooting I wont be getting in your way!!!!!! 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 21, 2018, 11:31:50 AM
UPDATE: Friday,  September 21, 2018

Yesterday afternoon I was with Shy Guy Suitor #3  and we went plinking (target shooting) out in the woods behind my house ...

I have just recently purchased a new small hammer-less semi-auto pistol to conceal carry in my purse.  So I wanted to get a little practice time in with it. 

The Taurus Curve Model 180 is a cute and light (13 ounces) little thing,....
.380 auto (9mm short) , double action, 6 round magazine.

This is not a pistol that I take with me on my hikes to defend against dangerous wildlife but is useful to defend against more human-like dangers and small animals... and since it is so small and light it is a firearm that is easily concealable and can be carried in my purse, which means that I will have it with me most of the time, as long as I have my purse with me.  It is essentially only most useful for short range close encounters for self-defense.

Danielle

Nice grouping for such a short barrel handgun. I keep a can of pepper spray in my purse.

Go Danielle Go!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Did I spot a new avatar picture? It does look fantastic Danielle! Love to see your big smile.

Thanks for your recent updates, good to see you enjoying yourself!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 21, 2018, 02:38:23 PM
Did I spot a new avatar picture? It does look fantastic Danielle! Love to see your big smile.

Thanks for your recent updates, good to see you enjoying yourself!

Hugs,

Sarah
@Sarah
Dear Sarah:
Thank you for your way too nice words... a smart girl always accepts a compliment.  Thank you.

Yes, a new Avatar/profile picture....  I had posted this picture on the "Fabulous" thread a few days ago..

The story behind my picture is that when I woke up in the morning and when I was washing up I looked in the mirror and noticed that without makeup or even fixing up my hair that I didn't look too bad for a 38 year old trans-woman.

Again, thanks for your nice words and for following and commenting on my thread.

****Oh, @sarah1972 as a side note, I sincerely hope that you are starting to feel better both physically and emotionally, I know that you were having a tough time with all kinds of things going on in your life.... as always feel free to share comments on the Forums and continue to exchange E-mails and PMs with me as you feel so led.

Hugs, and wishing you well and good health
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 21, 2018, 02:48:49 PMThe story behind my picture is that when I woke up in the morning and when I was washing up I looked in the mirror and noticed that without makeup or even fixing up my hair that I didn't look too bad for a 38 year old trans-woman.

"I look great for even a 28 year old ciswoman."

There. Fixed it for ya.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 21, 2018, 03:26:46 PM

There. Fixed it for ya.

Stephanie

AGREED!
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

KatieP

Quote from: JulieAllana on September 22, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

AGREED!

JulieAllana, I hadn't seen posts from you before that I recall, so I didn't remember your signature line. I wanted to say to YOU: CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! That is SOOOOO impressive!

Yes, I know this is Danielle's thread, and BTW, I TOTALLY concur about the looking great for a 28 year old cis woman, and, this is totally the wrong thread to say that, but reading your signature line literally stopped me in my tracks this morning, and I had to say something.

Great job!!

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 21, 2018, 03:26:46 PM

There. Fixed it for ya.

Stephanie

@Steph2.0     
Dear Stephanie: You are way too kind, thank you for your nice words...
As I say a frequently, "A smart girl always accepts a compliment"   thank you.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KatieP on September 22, 2018, 12:38:15 PM
JulieAllana, I hadn't seen posts from you before that I recall, so I didn't remember your signature line. I wanted to say to YOU: CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! That is SOOOOO impressive!

Yes, I know this is Danielle's thread, and BTW, I TOTALLY concur about the looking great for a 28 year old cis woman, and, this is totally the wrong thread to say that, but reading your signature line literally stopped me in my tracks this morning, and I had to say something.

Great job!!

Kate

@KatieP
Dear Kate:
Thank you for your kind words.   
Please know that even though this is my thread that you and all of my readers are most welcome to discuss whatever you desire among other readers here...
I really like it when my readers feel comfortable here on my thread to discuss various issues with each other and they can include me in the exchange of comments if they wish. 

Thank you again for your compliment.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: JulieAllana on September 22, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

AGREED!

@JulieAllana
Dear Julie:
Thank you for your kind comment... much appreciated.

It is great to see your presence on my thread again, I have been wondering where you have been. 
Your thread has not been updated for just over a week now and I like to keep up with your progress. 
I suppose you have been busy with all of your life endeavors.   
I trust that things are going well for you. 
Please know that I am always looking for your updates on your thread "On Becoming Julie" when I login to the Forums.

Wishing you well
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 22, 2018, 01:09:44 PM
@JulieAllana
Dear Julie:
Thank you for your kind comment... much appreciated.

It is great to see your presence on my thread again, I have been wondering where you have been. 

I've been here.  I frequently just watch from the sidelines as mostly others have already said what I would have said, but Steph's comment was just so true that I had to corroborate it. 

I was thinking about posting in my thread earlier this morning, but I'm really not sure what to post about.  I guess I figure that its in the transgender talk forum and that my posts should at least be somewhat connected to transition or something.  I guess I could go on and on about my angst and what not as I approach commencement of HRT.  I guess I just don't think of myself as being that interesting.

Anyway...thanks for your kind words, Danielle and Katie.

Hugs
           Julie
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Faith

please excuse the interruption ...

Quote from: JulieAllana on September 22, 2018, 02:21:37 PM
... I was thinking about posting in my thread earlier this morning, but I'm really not sure what to post about.  I guess I figure that its in the transgender talk forum and that my posts should at least be somewhat connected to transition or something ....

I have posted about good and bad days with nothing related to transitioning in any way. I've found, through being yelled at, that my friends on here like reading 'normal stuff' just as much if not more. So .. post away, nothing wrong with normal. :)

... I now return you to your irregularly scheduled topic.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Bari Jo

Hi Danielle, I may follow you in getting a concealed pistol for your purse.  I kind of feel it's overkill, but you can't be too careful.  I'm not a young sprite lady that men hit on as you have.  Its more of a just let her be kind of vibe I get from men.  That's fine, although I do want to be wanted too.

Anyway, what made you choose this particular gun?  There are so many out there.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on September 23, 2018, 06:30:45 PM
Hi Danielle, I may follow you in getting a concealed pistol for your purse. I kind of feel it's overkill, but you can't be too careful.  I'm not a young sprite lady that men hit on as you have.  Its more of a just let her be kind of vibe I get from men.  That's fine, although I do want to be wanted too.

Anyway, what made you choose this particular gun?
  There are so many out there.

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo:
Dear Bari Jo:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Several reasons I want a handgun in my purse and/or for conceal carry in a concealed holster..... 
....first, I live in "wild Alaska" in a very small remote town full of loggers, backwoodsmen, loners and plenty of single and rough men.   Personal protection and self-defense is my continued goal as well as when I am working alone in my office far from the center of my small town.

I am no stranger to firearms, previously I had a revolver that I carried but I wanted something smaller and lighter, also hammerless meaning it can be more easily pulled out of my purse without the hammer getting caught up...and I chose the model of handgun that I did because of all of those things.

I have larger and more powerful handguns when I go hiking into the wilderness areas where there are frequent sightings of bears, moose, wolves, cougars, and other aggressive and dangerous wildlife.  I also have gone hunting with others  so I join in and have a rifle and a shotgun as well.   
Much different than living in a city and urban area for sure.

I am not certain how it could be considered over-kill
to protect my own life and limb in a self-defense scenario.
My thought about this is clearly summarized in an frequently heard adage....
     "When seconds count, cops are only minutes away."e...

Thanks for your comments and for following my thread.  You are always welcome here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 23, 2018, 10:48:55 PM
I am not certain how it could be considered over-kill to protect my own life and limb in a self-defense scenario.
My thought about this is clearly summarized in an frequently heard adage....
     "When seconds count, cops are only minutes away."e...

I think that she meant overkill with regards to herself.  I completely agree with your adage.  It was only several weeks after I decided to transition that it occurred to me that I would be a target for hate crimes and I decided to invest in some firearms.  I already owned a pistol, but it wasn't appropriate for concealed carry.  I went to the gun show and wound up with two pistols, a .40 M&P shield and a .380 S&W bodyguard.  I don't carry regularly, but I will once I present female more often.  I still have to invest in some clothing appropriate holsters for conceal carry.  My opinion on the matter of female concealed carry location is that one should carry on their body as a purse isn't always on you and is itself a high profile target for theft.

Happy hunting!
                               Julie
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:
Here is a picture from a couple weeks ago, it had been a nice warm day so we did not think to wear our warmer clothes... you can't see it in the picture but we were shivering and we had goose-bumps on our arm in the crisp late afternoon air. ..

The 2 gals with me are my friends from my gym-gals group....  we had decided to get dressed up to out to dinner together.  It was a wonderful evening...
... note, these ladies are not any of my female suitors #4 or #5, just my very good friends...
Regarding the weather here, all of a sudden it has definitely turned to cooler fall weather.... cold, wet and temps at night near 34 degrees and during the day around 42 degrees.   
Our first big freeze is coming way too soon!   burrrrrr
Danielle 

•  

Donica

Oh is that what it is? Goose-bumps? I thought it looked more like you ladies got a bit of sun that day. Lovely pictures Danielle!

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 24, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
UPDATE:
Here is a picture from a couple weeks ago, it had been a nice warm day so we did not think to wear our warmer clothes... you can't see it in the picture but we were shivering and we had goose-bumps on our arm in the crisp late afternoon air. ..

The 2 gals with me are my friends from my gym-gals group....  we had decided to get dressed up to out to dinner together.  It was a wonderful evening...
... note, these ladies are not any of my female suitors #4 or #5, just my very good friends...
Regarding the weather here, all of a sudden it has definitely turned to cooler fall weather.... cold, wet and temps at night near 34 degrees and during the day around 42 degrees.   
Danielle

Looking Good, love the smile.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

sarah1972

Wow-Whee! Look at you three happy girls having fun!

You all look fantastic and your smile, @Alaskan Danielle, shines bright as ice! So glad you had a fun night out with your friends. 34 degrees? Ugh - this sounds very cold already. I am shivering just reading such numbers.

So glad you found a good reason to dress up. I know from my life as a soccer mom, it is not easy finding reasons to get all dressed up. Having good friends to do this with is even better!

Hugs,

Sarah

P.S. let me know where to send the royalty check for using Wow-Whee  ;D ;D

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 24, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
UPDATE:

Danielle

•