Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 01, 2018, 03:20:43 PM
Weather UPDATE, Monday October 01, 2018:
As the cold air of winter is leaving our friends in Australia and New Zealand and Springtime had arrived there over a week ago, where I live the nasty sting of cold autumn and winter weather is arriving in a fast flash....  based on the frost on the ground and on my truck, last night got down well below freezing ...  at my office this morning at 7:30am I looked at the thermometer outside my door and it is reading only 28 degrees F  burrr.... and the next several nights according to the forcast will be below freezing as well.... no snow yet but it is coming very soon.  Looking into the hills and mountains I can see the quite visible and apparent wintry change already.
         Hugs to all,
Danielle

Hi Danielle

We had our first really warm day today 28c....I am happy to post you warm temps  ;) when ever its gets a bit chilly for you.  ;D Below freezing reminds me of my home town...one of the good reasons I left the place. LOL  To be honest I mutch prefer the cooler weather but each year our summer get progressively hotter and seems to last a lot longer. hope you enjoy the cooler temps....but not too cool.

Take care
Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 01, 2018, 03:20:43 PM
Weather UPDATE, Monday October 01, 2018:
As the cold air of winter is leaving our friends in Australia and New Zealand and Springtime had arrived there over a week ago, where I live the nasty sting of cold autumn and winter weather is arriving in a fast flash....  based on the frost on the ground and on my truck, last night got down well below freezing ...  at my office this morning at 7:30am I looked at the thermometer outside my door and it is reading only 28 degrees F  burrr.... and the next several nights according to the forcast will be below freezing as well.... no snow yet but it is coming very soon.  Looking into the hills and mountains I can see the quite visible and apparent wintry change already.

Well, I am also in the process of putting away my sleeveless and strappy tops and dresses and will be opting for long sleeves, sweaters and warmer dresses and pants....  and more flannel when needed.   Of course I have a good selection of warm coats and jackets, gloves, hats, scarves, boots, etc to chose from.

I am ready for it....  I love the wintertime and the snow.... not a problem as long as people are prepared for it.  I had my propane tank filled up at my home so I can enjoy my gas fireplace and keep toasty when sitting in a nearby comfy chair and reading... and I put an extra blanket on my bed too and got my flannel nightgown out and ready for the coming cold nights.

Hugs to all,
Danielle

Burrrr! My old bones can feel the cold from here Danielle. And it's still in the 80's in SoCal. I'm not sure if we are going to have much of a winter this year? I would not fend well in the kind of weather that you have. Keep the fireplace stoked up (gassed up).

Warm Hugs Danielle!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Katie Jade

Well had frost on car last few days but its colder in  valleys I think. Im more of a temperate girl really I suppose being almost dead central England.
So Danielle, do we get to see shots of you wrestling polar bears and such soon as the  old Ice sheet will be careering towards you now (too much Disney I think) or are you one of the ice princesses? too much Disney again I think...
Either way your thread is one of my favourites especially as my life seems to be all up and down now (10 weeks to out at work... NEEEE...) and yours is almost always a high level of drama and anticipation - love it..
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*     ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

steph2.0

Gosh, I keep reading about all the cooler temps you all are getting. It's still in the upper 80s to 90F (32C) here in Central Florida. It was one of the hottest Septembers on record and October isn't great yet. By now I should be able to have the doors and windows open. Sigh.

Oh well, eventually things will get nicer here while all y'all are shoveling the white stuff I escaped from 16 years ago.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Steph2.0  @Katie Jade  @Donica  @LizK  @JudiBlueEyes  @sarah1972   @Faith  @JulieAllana  @davina61   @gingerViktorKay    

To my followers that made comments about my C-O-L-D weather report....  personally I prefer the cooler temps all through the year, the cooler summer temperatures that don't include high humidity are wonderful.   

Last summer when I read about all the scorching hot and dry temperatures and high humidity elsewhere I was quite pleased to be living where I do....  cooler wetter weather for sure, but that is what makes everything green and beautiful here too. 

Winter can certainly be a cold blast for sure but if I am prepared for it as I am with my warm clothes, sweaters, scarves, gloves, hats and boots... winter time is a fun play-land of snow events and snow related activities.   I enjoy the 4 distinct seasons that I have here....

To each their own.... personal choices are a wonderful privilege
Hugs and well wishes to all,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Leslie601

Hello Danielle,

Wow, what a fun story. I just spent the last 4 days reading all the posts on this thread. Fell asleep a couple of times because my eyes got so tired. I've had so much enjoyment reading about your travels through Alaskan friends and suitors, and the coffee shop center of things. I've even put on my detective hat (strictly amateur) trying to figure out where you are in the state from the little clues you give from time to time (don't worry, if I ever do figure it out I'll keep it to myself.) I wonder though, has the thought occurred to you that there might be another trans person in or around your little community that might read this forum? I live in a Southeastern city with a large trans community and I'm fairly sure I know others from my area who are on here too. That's why I use a photo that is from many years ago so if I step on anyone's toes they won't know who I am, although, like you, I don't break bad about other people - life's too short to waste what time I have left. Good luck with your suitors, no rush, as you've said, you'll know when you're ready to make a selection in your own good time..

Leslie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Leslie601 on October 02, 2018, 07:08:41 PM
Hello Danielle,

Wow, what a fun story. I just spent the last 4 days reading all the posts on this thread. Fell asleep a couple of times because my eyes got so tired. I've had so much enjoyment reading about your travels through Alaskan friends and suitors, and the coffee shop center of things. I've even put on my detective hat (strictly amateur) trying to figure out where you are in the state from the little clues you give from time to time (don't worry, if I ever do figure it out I'll keep it to myself. I wonder though, has the thought occurred to you that there might be another trans person in or around your little community that might read this forum? I live in a Southeastern city with a large trans community and I'm fairly sure I know others from my area who are on here too. That's why I use a photo that is from many years ago so if I step on anyone's toes they won't know who I am, although, like you, I don't break bad about other people - life's too short to waste what time I have left. Good luck with your suitors, no rush, as you've said, you'll know when you're ready to make a selection in your own good time..

Leslie

@Leslie601
Dear Leslie:
I am quite flattered and even surprised that some of my followers such as yourself would take the time to read all 74 pages and 1466 reply comments on my personal "Hunted Prey" thread. Although that is certainly a good way to get a snapshot of my life and my transition.  It is difficult for me to believe that my life events would garner so much attention and dedication from my readers and followers.

Buried throughout my thread are a plethora of events and pictures revolving around my relocation to my new small town at the time of my transition to full-time.   Also along with information and my stories about the famous next door coffee shop that is so instrumental in being able for me to integrate into my town... not to mention involving myself with all of my new friends, supporters and my suitors...  and the quite important event of my fearful coming out to my town and revealing my secret which all happened at the Coffee Shop.... it is literally the town's greet and meet center and gossip headquarters.

Of course my Dental Hygienist Suitor #4 especially and all the ladies in my gym-gals group were the instigators of me coming out and revealing my "secret" when I finally did... and I am so glad I did, it was like a big and heavy weight was lifted off of my shoulders allowing me to finally live more freely and able to develop relationships without hiding anything anymore.   My favorite recollection is of my friends and acquaintances including the employees and owner of the coffee shop coming to my aid and support when I was being insulted by a few others sitting at nearby tables having breakfast and coffee, including my now "defunct and rejected" original male Suitor #1.

My other favorite happenings revolve around all the takeout coffee that my suitors and interested parties bring over to me at my office.... white lids, pink lids, sweet romantic card and gifts of chocolate and cookies, and most memorable a very sweet card and necklace(from Suitor #4)
My coffee shop Barista Suitor #5 should be mentioned too.... she is always so very nice to me bringing me coffee over to my office and giving me hugs at the coffee shop.
My gym-gals group and my fear of going through the feared gauntlet to the women's locker room at the gym to change clothes appeared to be a low point for me but very soon turned into a right of passage in my journey.   Then at the gym was creepy guy Suitor #2 that my gym-gals body guards rescued me from.... lots of good memories there... safety in numbers!   

Ahh, and the big city shopping trip and overnight stay with all the ladies form my gym-gals group ... all very good friends by then and me nervously sharing a room with my Dental Hygienist Suitor #4... fun and frightening at the same time...  ended up very fun, Suitor #4 is so sweet and nice [emoji173]
This last summer I went on numerous hiking and camping trips, picnics, outdoor game day with shy guy Suitor #3, then at my home for a 4th of July potluck and BBQ that I hosted for just about everyone that I call a friend in my town, and my last event was a half marathon charity run through and around town.

Even if no one ever reads my thread,
I make a point of finding time, particularly on cold and rainy/snowy nights to sit down in my comfy chair with a blanket over my legs and sitting in front of my fireplace... with a cup of tea on my side table, just taking some of my down-time to travel down memory lane and reviewing my good and bad moments and seeking positive future solutions to any issues and problems that may I encounter in my journey.

I have so many vivid memories of all of those times and I have moments of thinking that I perhaps have over-shared and provided too many minuscule and unimportant details that could be considered boring and maybe even be discouraging to my readers that are going through difficult issues of their own.

I am so encouraged by all of your comments and posted thoughts directed toward me on my thread and on other various threads that I regularly post comments on.

I sincerely thank all of you for reading, following and offering your caring thoughts and helpful suggestions to me.
Hugs and hugs and love for you all, [emoji173]
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for the summary post recapping the highlights of your thread. It was a nice reminder to help us relive your story. Very enjoyable.

I have to say that I am a little envious of your weather update post. Hot weather and me are not good friends [emoji23], I much prefer colder temperatures. Infact, my wife and I will go seeking colder climates to escape the heat of the summer. 4 distinct seasons sounds like a nice treat too. I can't really complain though, apart from the humid and hot weather in summer, the rest of the year we enjoy lovely weather to do all kinds of outdoor activities.

I am looking forward to reading about your winters adventures.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Wow - what a summary Danielle! And all this adventure and excitement in less than a year. Thank you so much for letting us be observers of your life.

I don't think you are over-sharing. Your writing style and the happenings in your life always make your thread a very nice read, comparable to a fascinating sequel, either a book or a TV show. We are desperately waiting for the next chapter. Your thread has also become a meeting point (like your little coffee shop) and place for fun discussions.

There is often a discussion on the forum how much sharing of success stories is helpful or wanted. We all dream of being able to perfectly fit into society and seeing the possibility of such a life is inspiring and provides hope to many. We all know it is a rough road to get there and not every day is sparkles and rainbows. this is the time I turn to your threads as a beacon of hope and inspiration.

Every good story needs twists, turns and a lot of romance. All this is present in your thread: Suitors being voted off the ice shelf, grand romantic gestures and some healthy competition amongst them to win your heart. The best recipe for a continued exciting read.

We are all rooting for you to find happiness in your small town up north! [emoji173]

Thanks again for letting us be a part of your life and please keep the stories coming!

Hugs my dear BFF!

Sarah

•  

SadieBlake

Danielle, you pique my interest in what's happened with transphobic #s 1&2?

I think it's a thing that when people live in a *tiny* community like yours they mostly learn that acceptance is a necessity.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

steph2.0

Danielle, there's no doubt that you have positively affected the entire "flavor" of Susan's since "aspiring_person" blasted onto the scene. I admit that there were times, when I was feeling overwhelmed with my world, that I was painfully jealous of the life you lead. But as I've grown more confident and happy, I find I take great joy and hope in watching your story.

I, too, worry about "over-sharing." I do tend to write novelettes. I've probably lost some readers who've decided TL;DR. In fact, I've even considered renaming my thread "Stephanie's TL;DR". But I've adopted the attitude that if only one other person reads my thread and gets some small benefit from it - even if just entertainment - then I'm happy. And like you, I've found it's so helpful to go back and reread what I've been able to accomplish despite my fears.

I do have a question: Before you revealed yourself to your small town, was living stealth really all that stressful? When times have gotten bad, my BFF and I have often discussed the attraction of "pulling a Danielle" as we've come to call it. Just pull up stakes and disappear to somewhere new to start over, far from anyone who would deadname or misgender you. It would only make sense for me after I've finished the physical transitioning (post-op), but even then some local healthcare people would have to know, so it's probably not realistic long-term, with our over-connected world. But the wish to separate from the old world can sometimes be very strong. Any insights are appreciated.

And thank you for being you, and being here for us.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 02, 2018, 09:22:05 PM
I sincerely thank all of you for reading, following and offering your caring thoughts and helpful suggestions to me.
Danielle

Lovely summary Danielle, it smells of a novelette or girly flic film I think, surely with a beautiful and loving end to come. Make sure you keep the rights to it!! I think you deserve the loving attention you are getting from your suitors and from your avid readers, and there are many lessons in your story for us all, myself especially I think. I try to have a big smile whenever I can, or at least to be ready to break one out whenever.

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 02, 2018, 09:22:05 PM
I have so many vivid memories of all of those times and I have moments of thinking that I perhaps have over-shared and provided too many minuscule and unimportant details that could be considered boring and maybe even be discouraging to my readers that are going through difficult issues of their own.

I am so encouraged by all of your comments and posted thoughts directed toward me on my thread and on other various threads that I regularly post comments on.

Danielle

Hey Danielle,

Just wanted to add my voice to the consensus.  Love your thread too.  😀😀

Take care,
Paige 😀

•  

Donica

Oh Danielle! I can see a mommy polar bear and her Cubs enjoying a slide down the slopes of the snowy white mountains in the background of your new avatar. Sorry ;D. Just having a little fun. It's so beautiful up there.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on October 03, 2018, 09:51:13 AM
Danielle, there's no doubt that you have positively affected the entire "flavor" of Susan's since "aspiring_person" blasted onto the scene. I admit that there were times, when I was feeling overwhelmed with my world, that I was painfully jealous of the life you lead. But as I've grown more confident and happy, I find I take great joy and hope in watching your story.

I, too, worry about "over-sharing." I do tend to write novelettes. I've probably lost some readers who've decided TL;DR. In fact, I've even considered renaming my thread "Stephanie's TL;DR". But I've adopted the attitude that if only one other person reads my thread and gets some small benefit from it - even if just entertainment - then I'm happy. And like you, I've found it's so helpful to go back and reread what I've been able to accomplish despite my fears.

I do have a question: Before you revealed yourself to your small town, was living stealth really all that stressful? When times have gotten bad, my BFF and I have often discussed the attraction of "pulling a Danielle" as we've come to call it. Just pull up stakes and disappear to somewhere new to start over, far from anyone who would deadname or misgender you. It would only make sense for me after I've finished the physical transitioning (post-op), but even then some local healthcare people would have to know, so it's probably not realistic long-term, with our over-connected world. But the wish to separate from the old world can sometimes be very strong. Any insights are appreciated.

And thank you for being you, and being here for us.

Stephanie

@Steph2.0    @SadieBlake
Dear Stephanie:
Great question... my answer is a resounding, "yes it was very stressful" living stealth as a full time woman that relocated to a very small and conservative town full of rough and tumble men and women in the middle of nowhere, to start up a woman owned business.

As I mentioned in various comments in my thread back in the early spring, my friendships along with my suitors were developing at a rapid rate and when I would come out eventually I was so very worried about the repercussions and reaction of those that I had become close to and of the fact that I had lived there as a woman for 1 1/2 years essentially very stressed over hiding my secret and then by revealing it later and thereby deceiving those that I have befriended and earned their trust.    VERY STRESSFUL INDEED.

I did, as you had coined, pulled a "Danielle"  ....  the catalyst for me relocating was initiated by the fact that no one back then in my hometown including my family, mom and dad, old long term best friends, etc,  would accept me and my transition decision. (4 years later they still do not  :()  Then as I was getting close to going full-time I had trepidation and grounded fears about coming out at my executive job. 

I had been moderating two finance and accounting forums, one from my college days as a grad student and one associated with my executive job as the head of the accounting department.  The business I presently now have was vacated by one of my CPA accountant friends on one of those forums... he was retiring and because of the small isolated town location, there were no other financial and tax planning firms for the clients in town that he was serving....   so I jumped at the opportunity....   I phoned a few of the appropriate town business people and a town official, plus I contacted the land-lord of the business space that the retiring accountant had for his office....  right next door to the local Coffee Shop!!!!   I could not have planned the location better. 
I immediately gave notice and quit my male-mode job, said my goodbyes to my non-accepting family and so-called long-time best friends friends.... packed up and quickly moved up here to my new adventure and my new business...  most of that is covered with some detail early on in my thread.

So, Stephanie, you can now get a feeling for how very stressful it was for me to live stealth in my previous location and certainly and especially in my new location where if my secret were revealed too early and/or at the wrong time in the wrong way, I would break any present and future trust with my new acquaintances, new friends, new business clients, and of course my developing suitors.   

Looking back it has worked out very well, I lived up here for 1 1/2 years as a woman, no one here knew of my secret, but I took advantage of the time to develop community connections and to be involved in many community events, make solid friendships and build a trusted base of business clients so when I did come out, even though it was a shock to all, I already had proven myself as a respectable and responsible business woman and friend...  and not some strange person from out of town.

NOTE to @SadieBlake ... this next paragraph will answer the question that you had in your reply comment..
I hope this lets you know my view about the stress of living in stealth but also I made an important point about building trust and proving myself as a reliable and responsible person before I came out to the town.   When it was revealed that I was a trans-woman, there were only a handful of locals that did not accept me and when they made disparaging comments about me in the coffee shop... (notably my then Suitor #1 and his woman friend)  .... the owner of the coffee shop, some employees there and a few customers that overheard the insulting and rude comments about me came to my defense in a big way.... and then the coffee shop owner asked them to shut up or leave...    WOW... beyond my wildest expectations, what more could  one ask for. 
Also when I encountered the creepy gym-guy Suitor #2 that was staring at me and making inappropriate advances toward me at the gym, a few of my gym-gals came to my rescue... body guards... and drove him off... safety in numbers but enhanced also building trusting relationships first.

So sorry this got so very long and possibly boring... but what I had to say could not be condensed... I want some of my new followers to get the salient points of doing thing right and at the right time.   
Of course not everyone is in a position of being able to instantly quit a good high paying job and being able to move to another state in a moments notice...  what really helped is that I had a valuable skill as a result of my college education and the fact that I did not have a spouse and kids and house payments and all of those complications that would not allow one to easily "pull a Danielle"

Any questions or comments are welcome.
Danielle

•  

Donica

Wow Danielle! I feel kinda silly for my earlier polar bear post. But after going back and read your earlier recap post and learning that living in stealth is just as stressful as living in the closet, I hope my post brought a smile to your face. You know the one, the big smile you always have.

I remember must of the things in you recap post but I didn't know your close family still doesn't accept you for who you are. My father was the same way. He passed away never accepting me. But I think if your family knew you as we do, they will accept you.

I, like Stephanie and SassyCassie, always thought it would be wonderful to "pull a Danielle" but I think I can understand why it can be stressful. I guess true happiness means to be true and honest with our real selves, and that means being true and honest with everyone in our lives.

I think it was very brave of you to come out of stealth in such a small roughneck type of town as yours. But it seems, once they get to know you, the roughest people in the world have the biggest hearts. I hope everything always goes well for you as you most certainly deserve it, as all angels do.

Loving hugs Danielle!
Donica.
  •  

Faith

While my situation precludes stealth due to, well, being out everywhere, I get the stress idea. Sat when I was out and noone knew (we'll ignore the friends that did), it was in the back of my mind .. do they know .. will they find out .. what will the reaction be ...

I was most relieved, and happier (if I could be), when I was outed and got to tell my story.

that was only one night, I cannot imagine weeks, months, years ....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 03, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
Oh Danielle! I can see a mommy polar bear and her Cubs enjoying a slide down the slopes of the snowy white mountains in the background of your new avatar. Sorry ;D. Just having a little fun. It's so beautiful up there.

Donica.
@Donica
Thank you Donica for your fun thoughts.... yes it is very beautiful here... the 4 distinct seasons we have all offer different layers of beauty and pretty scenery.   
Regarding bears, inland and in the mountains we do not have polar bears but lots of other bears.
In my back yard I have to keep my outdoor garbage put away in tight bear-proof containers and even with that precaution I do have bears very often wandering around my rural home and even in town at times.

One has to be cautious about stepping outside in the middle of the night without first making some noise....  usually wildlife will depart when they hear human activity and voices....  one does not want to surprise a bear by walking anywhere near where they might be without "alerting" them first.

Thank you for you thoughts and your comment.  You are always welcome on my threads.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KatieP

Danielle!!!

This is the first avatar picture of yours I recall that does not show your amazing smile...

;D

Kate
  •  

sarah1972

Ah! the signature smile avatar is back! Let me see if I remember when this was taken... One of your potlucks?

Are you getting a long weekend too? I hope you have some fun plans this weekend. We will be going to our local Octoberfest (as Germans we cannot resist) and then to the Octoberfest after party at a friends house. Guess Sunday will be sleeping in  ;D

Have a great weekend Danielle!

Hugs,

Sarah

•