Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1972

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else!

I am so happy to see your avatar back! And it is one of my favorite pictures too!

Sounds like you are really busy with preparing but it also sounds very yummy.

We had an early turkey for lunch and plan on some leftovers for dinner. Leftovers will last us for a few days and we usually freeze it. Also had kale, red cabbage and mashed potatoes on the side.

Kiddo and I spent some time outside, it is around the freezing mark but we still had some fun setting up lights and she was driving her little scooter up and down our street. She was a great help today.

Lunch was followed by a nice extended nap for all of us!

I am thinking next year I may try frying again. I have not done that for years.

Now I won't start the "stuffing I side or extra" discussion [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I am so glad you can spend this special day with good friends and your beloved tooth fairy!

I wish you a nice and peaceful afternoon!

Hugs and more hugs,

Sarah

•  

stephaniec

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: stephaniec on November 22, 2018, 07:30:56 PM
happy Thanksgiving
@stephaniec
Dear Stephanie:
Thank you for your comment... yes my Thanksgiving Day is still going on, it's only 4:30pm, just finished dinner and we are resting our tummys for a while before we have pie and other tempting
desserts .

I trust that your day has gone well for you.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Northern Star Girl

WOW ....  this is exciting:

I just heard on the NEWS about the Romaine Lettuce recall.

Right now I know that Chocolate is good for your health,
and Romaine Lettuce can kill you.

I have been training my whole life for this moment !!!!!

Danielle   :)   ;D

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 10:58:32 PM

But honestly like every month. They say something healthy can kill you and something unhealthy won't I don't think they know what they're talking about at this point

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Northern Star Girl

This is the day after Thanksgiving... November 23, 2018  6:15AM

It is SNOWING this morning....  enough new snow that I will have to go outside and shovel off my deck and sidewalk again and if the snow keeps coming at this rate I will have to shovel my long driveway again which is a big job... perhaps it might be a good thing so I can work off the extra calories I ate yesterday at the Thanksgiving meal.

Well, like many of my friends that celebrated Thanksgiving day with a "full-deal" meal, I definitely lost my self-control and ate way too much yesterday.   
Mashed potatoes and GRAVY are my weakness... well, just one of my weaknesses!!
My other weaknesses are the fresh baked dinner rolls, the moist and tasty turkey, green bean casserole..... and all of the tasty and tempting desserts.
OH, and did I mention GRAVY .... ???

I was wondering what I might have for breakfast this morning but I am not hungry... perhaps I will just put on a pot of hot coffee and later this morning will figure out what I am going to do with all the snow.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 10:58:32 PM

The problem is I don't like salad dressing on chocolate.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jessica

I meant to post this yesterday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day yesterday Danielle. I had a great day with an 18lb turkey and trimmings but no Romaine Lettuce. Chocolate may be good for you but it's fattening. I did have some Dutch Apple pie though. Yes, that's fattening too ;D.

Hugs everyone!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:  Saturday November 24, 2018  8:30AM

I wishing well to all of my friends as the long Thanksgiving Holiday winds down the weekend
...  if you have traveled far for the holiday, drive and travel home safely, it will be busy on the roads and also at the airports.

Cold winter weather has gripped much of Eastern USA and Canada, so bundle up, stay warm and dry, and stay safe....
...and if appropriate and dressed accordingly it can be enjoyable to get outside and delight in the beauty that the snow covered scenery can bring... build Snowmen, have Snowball fights, make Snow-angels, etc....  have FUN.

In my update yesterday on Friday, I reported fairly heavy snowfall covered my driveway and porch again... and I did get a little shoveling done yesterday before and after work....   

...and here is the GOOD NEWS: ... and I was very surprised by this, early this morning I was sleeping in and I abruptly awakened with the sound of a truck in my driveway and I heard voices outside so I got out of bed and looked out the window and there were a couple guys that I know from the Coffee Shop, they came with their SnowPlow truck and plowed my driveway and one of the guys was busy with a snow shovel clearing my porch and deck.   
I quickly got halfway dressed and made 2 cups of hot coffee and brought it out to them...   I offered to pay them but they absolutely refused to take any money...  out of the kindness of their hearts they wanted to do this for me.  I did package up some of my homemade cookies and gave them each a small baggy of cookies before they left... they were most appreciative.

Wow, for sure there are nice and kind people out there... and I have found many the last two years here where I live.
Basically, my personal mantra might be responsible for these acts of kindness:
    "If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself."

So, to all of my readers and followers... and everyone, have a nice weekend wherever you are.

Thank you for reading and following my thread... I always welcome your replies and comments.
Hugs, and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 24, 2018, 10:58:04 AM
UPDATE:  Saturday November 24, 2018  8:30AM

I wishing well to all of my friends as the long Thanksgiving Holiday winds down the weekend
...  if you have traveled far for the holiday, drive and travel home safely, it will be busy on the roads and also at the airports.

Cold winter weather has gripped much of Eastern USA and Canada, so bundle up, stay warm and dry, and stay safe....
...and if appropriate and dressed accordingly it can be enjoyable to get outside and delight in the beauty that the snow covered scenery can bring... build Snowmen, have Snowball fights, make Snow-angels, etc....  have FUN.

In my update yesterday on Friday, I reported fairly heavy snowfall covered my driveway and porch again... and I did get a little shoveling done yesterday before and after work....   

...and here is the GOOD NEWS: ... and I was very surprised by this, early this morning I was sleeping in and I abruptly awakened with the sound of a truck in my driveway and I heard voices outside so I got out of bed and looked out the window and there were a couple guys that I know from the Coffee Shop, they came with their SnowPlow truck and plowed my driveway and one of the guys was busy with a snow shovel clearing my porch and deck.   
I quickly got halfway dressed and made 2 cups of hot coffee and brought it out to them...   I offered to pay them but they absolutely refused to take any money...  out of the kindness of their hearts they wanted to do this for me.  I did package up some of my homemade cookies and gave them each a small baggy of cookies before they left... they were most appreciative.

Wow, for sure there are nice and kind people out there... and I have found many the last two years here where I live.
Basically, my personal mantra might be responsible for these acts of kindness:
    "If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself." 

So, to all of my readers and followers... and everyone, have a nice weekend wherever you are.

Thank you for reading and following my thread... I always welcome your replies and comments.
Hugs, and more hugs,
Danielle

That was very thoughtful of them!   Nice!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Danielle, thank you for your update!  I just love reading about how small communities bring out the best in people.  If you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you.  What a concept!!  I am happy that your neighbours are so accepting and helpful!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

sarah1972

Thanks for your update! I am always amazed how well you have managed to incorporate yourself in your community. Acts like this show how respected you are! And of course, I am happy for you not having to be out in the cold shoveling!

This is one of the cases where I have started playing the girl card... accepting help from strong men willing to show off their muscles.

In our street, it is usually me digging out everyone in the rare case of one of these nor'easters dumping 2 foot of snow... neighbors are all really thankful and we did get cookies and wine as a thank you..

You could always surprise your helpers with some of your lovely cookies! Even I would clear your driveway for a chance to taste them.

Stay warm!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Donica

Wow! How wonderful Danielle! Yes it has to be that wonderful personality of yours that brightens everyone's day. The cookies work well too ;D. It's wonderful to have such friends. I'm glad they take good care of you, as you do for them.

Perhaps I'll take a day trip to one of the ski resorts in the area this year and build a Snowmen and snow Angels. I'm afraid I'm too old and broken to ski anymore.

"If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself." For the first time in my life, I have found the strength, courage and desire to live by these words. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Big warm hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Susan Baum

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 24, 2018, 10:58:04 AM
My age may be showing, but I remember when, years ago, the book "All I need to know I learned in kindergarten" was the rage. Funny thing but those simple rules for neighborliness which seem to have been all but forgotten in the lower 48 seem to be alive and well in the northern climes.

I'm jealous. As I walk down the street wearing my smile I'm sure some wearing their daily frowns wonder "What's she thinking?"

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

HappyMoni

Danielle,
   Nice story. That is a win win situation. They felt good for helping you, and you felt good that they were so kind.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Sunday November 25, 2018  3:15PM

After I came home from church this morning I was very tired so I sat down in my comfy chair in front of my propane fireplace, with a blanket, and took a feel-good nap.

For late lunch/early dinner I am having a bowl of my hot and tasty homemade Turkey Soup,
along with some Ritz crackers.
... I always make the most of Turkey leftovers.

In a couple hours I am going to get ready to go to my ToothFairy's #4 home early this evening to have snacks and maybe a card game, and/or perhaps wine and conversation by her fireplace...  maybe even more "toasty toes" time?  ;)

Thanks for listening and reading.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 25, 2018, 06:47:36 PM
Sunday November 25, 2018  3:15PM

After I came home from church this morning I was very tired so I sat down in my comfy chair in front of my propane fireplace, with a blanket, and took a feel-good nap.

For late lunch/early dinner I am having a bowl of my hot and tasty homemade Turkey Soup,
along with some Ritz crackers.
... I always make the most of Turkey leftovers.

In a couple hours I am going to get ready to go to my ToothFairy's #4 home early this evening to have snacks and maybe a card game, and/or perhaps wine and conversation by her fireplace...  maybe even more "toasty toes" time?  ;)

Thanks for listening and reading.
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you for the pic of your yummy turkey leftover soup! 
I have enough to last me the next few days.  It's all I'll be eating for a while....soup, or anything soft.  I'm opting for premade to take up the slack.
Give me a hug, I need one, nervous about it all.

Hugs, Jess

ps: new toasty toes pics?, or should we use our imagination....

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Nicole70

Hi Danielle,

The soup looks yummy especially in the cold weather, I also make a good stock out of turkey left-overs at Christmas time, and turkey curry and leftovers pie.

Your thanksgiving meal sounded delicious, I'm a big fan of gravy too, mashed potatoes is nice but my favourite is my wife's roast potatoes. It sounds like a good time was had by all, and you got to spend time with your tooth fairy [emoji3590].

We of course don't have thanksgiving but we do celebrate Christmas with a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, I can't wait yummy yummy, can you tell I'm hungry?

Hope you have a lovely evening, hugs

Nicole
  •