Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How can I get the effects of HRT naturally?

Started by aka.Jade, April 16, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsea

Quote from: SarahFehrman on April 17, 2018, 06:50:56 PM
Wow, Chelsea - you're gorgeous!  How long were you on herbs and how long have you been on HRT, if you don't mind saying?

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown

Thank you Sarah. :) I took herbs for almost 3 years and did a lot of homework first. Ive been on HRT almost a month and a half.
I still have a long way to go.

Hugs,
      Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

lizy84

I took herbs for almost 2 years in the past but their positive effects are limited compared to HRT. You can get soft skin, a bit of fat redistribution, smaller boobs but that is about it. Their effect on your mind and feelings is negligable compared to real hormones. Also if you check medical researches in the topic you will find you have to take 4-5 times the recommended amount just to get to a lower level of female hormone level (that is if you effectively block male hormones). Very possibly the normal female range is not reachable for most on herbal stuff. I took over the recommended dosage and still the level was nowhere. Plus in that dosage it can have negative side effects. Don't believe in advertisements that it is 100% harmless. I can't see why you would do it unless you want to be sure about transitioning. That was the only help in my case. They are not considerably cheaper if you take multiple times the normal dosage (which was set for keeping young skin young looking and definitely not for transitioning). HRT did more for me in the first 4 months than 2 years of herbal hormones and that speaks for itself.
  •  

Shellie Hart

I "dabbled" with herbs for a few months before HRT. For me, herbs had no noticeable effect. HRT completely kicked my a$$ as far as changes happening very quickly and drastically. No comparison...for me anyway...
  •  

Chelsea

I'm not too far along with my transition just yet but I can already see changes happening. I have to agree. The herbs were very slow compared to what I am seeing now. :)

Hugs,

Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Rachel_Christina

Well I tried the herbal route for half a year while I wait for proper HRT.
Other than the placebo of using it to tide myself over, I am pretty sure it was a waste of time, and not to mention money.
Why would one want to transition but not use what is known to work? Like you go on herbal stuff and 3 years down the line you realise your body has masculized more or your hair has thinned? I would never take that risk. Never

•  

Chelsea

At that point in my life I was wanting to start HRT but could not get the courage to tell anyone. I started herbs just to try until I had the guts to tell someone. Yes its too bad I waited 3 more years but I'm going in the right direction now. :)
Rachel, you look great by the way.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Rachel_Christina

Hey Chelsea, sorry I hope I didn't offend, I just pulled that number out of thin air lol I just mean that in any amount of time if the stuff doesn't work then you will feel like it's alot of time wasted.
Did you notice any changes or benefits of herbals??
I never noticed anything tbh. Just that it calmed me down while I was waiting, knowing I was trying something atleast.
And thank you. You look great too in your dp

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 01, 2018, 10:55:55 AM
Hey Chelsea, sorry I hope I didn't offend, I just pulled that number out of thin air lol I just mean that in any amount of time if the stuff doesn't work then you will feel like it's alot of time wasted.
Did you notice any changes or benefits of herbals??
I never noticed anything tbh. Just that it calmed me down while I was waiting, knowing I was trying something atleast.
And thank you. You look great too in your dp

Thank you!  :) I did notice some changes but it was like lizy84 said, soft skin, I got almost to an a cup on them and just a tiny bit of fat redistribution. I can tell the HRT is working much faster. O and I am very hard to offend and have nothing but love for everyone. :)

Hugs,
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Rachel_Christina

Aw good :'3 haha I was worried for a second.

•  

RickiM

I did hrt years ago for a year and then relocated pretty far from my hrt dr and then I didn't get on hrt again until a year ago. In between though I consistently had plenty of soy dairy products etcetera and I could tell that it had a significant effect. Ever since restarting my hrt a year ago I'm getting nice enhancement including more development times ten, my tatas are getting larger and more developed and I'm getting cellulite on my thighs and rearend. I'd like much more development though of course. I'm curious to know if it's okay to consume soy and flax. I've read so many conflicting reports on whether it interferes with hrt, if anyone knows please explain it.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: RickiM on June 06, 2018, 09:11:15 AM
I did hrt years ago for a year and then relocated pretty far from my hrt dr and then I didn't get on hrt again until a year ago. In between though I consistently had plenty of soy dairy products etcetera and I could tell that it had a significant effect. Ever since restarting my hrt a year ago I'm getting nice enhancement including more development times ten, my tatas are getting larger and more developed and I'm getting cellulite on my thighs and rearend. I'd like much more development though of course. I'm curious to know if it's okay to consume soy and flax. I've read so many conflicting reports on whether it interferes with hrt, if anyone knows please explain it.
Soy or flax in sufficient quantities might inhibit the effect of medically prescribed estradiol. Both use the same receptor and if something prevents the estradiol from using the receptor, you will have the effects of whatever is in the receptor. Both soy and flax contain estrogen like compounds however they will have only minimal estrogenic effects if any so if you want maximum results, estradiol would be the preferred hormone.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Dena on June 06, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
Soy or flax in sufficient quantities might inhibit the effect of medically prescribed estradiol. Both use the same receptor and if something prevents the estradiol from using the receptor, you will have the effects of whatever is in the receptor. Both soy and flax contain estrogen like compounds however they will have only minimal estrogenic effects if any so if you want maximum results, estradiol would be the preferred hormone.

Most of the phyto-estrogens actually have a greater binding affinity for the ER (Estrogen Receptor) and so will bind to the ER in preference to estradiol.. This is not the aim.

Be aware the eating large quantities of these foods will have a negative effect on your prescribe HRT..
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: Chelsea on May 01, 2018, 10:34:00 AM
At that point in my life I was wanting to start HRT but could not get the courage to tell anyone. I started herbs just to try until I had the guts to tell someone. Yes its too bad I waited 3 more years but I'm going in the right direction now.

Same with me.  I have notices better mood, some nice little breasts growing, weight gain (unfortunately).  However, the most positive change was it allowed me to fully connect with my female self, that my male self had be actively repressing for 50 years.  I have only been taking the herbals to get my body ready for HRT, once the VA red tape tango is completed.  Hopefully it will be this January 2019.
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

Finding Lauren

Hey,

I read the results of a lab study on Herbal products.  They tested over 1000 and the analysis showed that 40% of them ... contained what was written on the label, at least to some minor extent.  You just don't know what you are taking, unless you order the dried plants and grind them up yourself. 
I read a natural oil would make your nipples more sensitive.  Thanks to product reviews I selected a product that was real (luckily it smells just like maple syrup, so I could tell without processing it myself in this case (it is used to make fake maple syrup by some) and those reviewing products purchased identified those with the right smell). 
After about a month trying it, my nipples were so sensitive.  It makes me feel softer.
I stopped using it, and after 3 months they are still sensitive and fun.  Seems they are permanently somewhat feminized.  They stick out a bit more than normal, but they are not continuing to grow, so I am still in stealth girl mode.
I love the effect, and wish there were other stealth ways to be just a bit more feminine.

Lauren
  •  

Victoria L.

I don't really even know what counts as herbal HRT, as I've never researched it... But out of desperation (lack of acceptance and independence to be able to transition/start HRT) I started drinking spearmint tea regularly at the beginning of this year because I heard it could reduce T, libido, and lead to softer skin. Looking my body beginning to age more masculine now that I've hit 30, I just had to find something, anything to stop any more damage that I could.

Although, in the end, it just wasn't going to be enough for me, so I ended up coming back out to my mom and am planning to go to a therapist soon. I need HRT, the real thing. I do think the tea has dropped my libido down a bit and made my skin softer, but, of course, it's not enough and not where I want to stop... It was just "If I can't have HRT, I must at least have this".

I'd rather be doing all of this under the watch of a doctor so I'm not harming myself. I've heard bad things about blocking T alone. I think I'm okay with the tea, since it's probably only doing it to a lesser extent than an actual T blocker, but you never know.
  •  

Finding Lauren

Hey Virelai,
Spearmint tea sounds like a nice  tease of my spirit girl.  Your avitar seems to be drinking in what she needs.
Turning something, anything around would be fun.
Good luck with your therapist.  Make sure they list Transgender people as a speciality.  I selected mine also with the photos they posted, looking for an empathetic face. 

It's Tea time,

Lauren
  •  

Victoria L.

It may not do a lot, but I have certainly noticed a difference, especially in the softness of my skin. I actually can't get over how soft my skin feels and I can't keep my hands off of my arms and legs because they're just sooo soft now and I love it!  :icon_redface: That must be the beginning of gender euphoria. =P

Nevertheless, the box says to "enjoy up to three cups a day", so I'm doing just that. I probably would be drawn to exceed that if it weren't so expensive. But I don't know why it recommends only that and don't want to do anything too unhealthy.

Actually, she's playing a musical instrument called the oboe. I know it's kind of hard to see.
  •