Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How can I get the effects of HRT naturally?

Started by aka.Jade, April 16, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aka.Jade

Hi,

I am a 18 yr old mtf called jade. I would like to transition to mtf, but am going to transition naturally, without hrt. I would like to know how I can get the effects of hrt without hrt, such as the softer skin, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jade
X
  •  

Mendi

It´s impossible. I tried and tried and put god knows how much money to different lotions etc, to achieve that softer skin. When breaking up with my girlfriend whom with I was for 12 years, she screamed at me, that no lotion or cream will make me a woman.

After starting HRT and being on for a month, I kind of understood what she said, even when it was meant as an insult, she was right.

There isn´t anything in the world that will affect this body so, that it turns into more feminine version, with soft skin for example...other than HRT.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Unfortunately I also don't think it's possible. And from what I've read here not even the "natural" teas or creams can do all the things that HRT can.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Dena

The estradiol the doctors prescribe is as close to what your body produces as you can get. Yes in the lab they start out with something that's close to Estradiol in chemical structure and then they tweak it into estradiol, but the resulting molecule is chemically identical to the estradiol that is produced by the human body. In addition it's a whole lot cheaper that the natural products that aren't chemically identical. Natural doesn't always mean better or safer. It just means it was produced in nature. Remember that hemlock is natural but you sure don't want to eat it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: aka.Jade on April 16, 2018, 01:42:58 PM
Hi,

I am a 18 yr old mtf called jade. I would like to transition to mtf, but am going to transition naturally, without hrt. I would like to know how I can get the effects of hrt without hrt, such as the softer skin, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jade
X

Well I managed to get estrogen & progesterone & lack of testosterone naturally.  Its called being intersexed :) Barring that, not sure there is another method.  That being said, never know!  It can happen to anyone.
  •  

Devlyn

Jade, there are estrogenic substances and anti-androgens out there that can accomplish what you're looking for. I used them to great effect, but I put a ton of homework into it, and you would need to do the same. You still need to inform your physician about using them so your health will be properly monitored.  :)  That's what I did and I was switched from herbals to prescription HRT.

Which leads to the question "Why are you against HRT?" I'm just asking out of curiosity, I certainly respect everyone's unique approach.  :)

It (HRT)  has a great track record and is very safe as well. Further, it's essentially a prerequisite to anything else transition related.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dani

At 18 years old, you can do a lot with just hair and makeup. Also, keep your weight down, below 140 pounds if possible. keep up with the aerobic exercise, but avoid using the heavy weights. 

When you get older you will need T blockers, Estradiol and electrolysis. There is just no way around it.
  •  

Devlyn

Another curiosity question. Of those who said there isn't a way, did you try? I'm reading 'impossible" yet I've  done it. Impossible, meet garbage bin.

So are you saying there's no substitute because it didn't work for you, or are you just saying it?
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 16, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
Another curiosity question. Of those who said there isn't a way, did you try? I'm reading 'impossible" yet I've  done it. Impossible, meet garbage bin.

So are you saying there's no substitute because it didn't work for you, or are you just saying it?

Statistically, you're an outlier. Your results do not tally with what I've read and researched on phytoestrogens.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: PurplePelican on April 16, 2018, 08:27:18 PM
Statistically, you're an outlier. Your results do not tally with what I've read and researched on phytoestrogens.

I don't consider myself an outlier. I used regulated herbal medications obtained from an herbologist. The homework I already mentioned pointed at a product with outstanding support from it's users and a 5,000 year medical history. Site regulations prevent me from saying much more.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Mendi

I wouldn´t trust herbals to carry me through my whole life. Just not enough information, reliable.

But that´s my opinion  :)
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: Mendi on April 16, 2018, 08:52:50 PM
I wouldn´t trust herbals to carry me through my whole life. Just not enough information, reliable.

But that´s my opinion  :)

I'm a bit of a prepper (a survivalist really) so I am FULLY aware of many of the herbs that contain natural phytoestrogens & progesterones.  If I had no access to effective HRT management or couldn't afford it anymore I'd be fully prepared to utilize my own knowledge in these areas... poopoo taboo or not. 

That being said, especially to those just starting out?  Just see a doc.  You don't even need an endo, heck just a FNP can order the labs & tests even!  That's who I get all my stuff through now.  He's a bit clueless but fortunately I'm well educated.. plus can recognize labs when they're out of range too.  I am seeing a specialized reproductive endocrinologist for other concerns, but not for HRT, or even really for kidney or liver issues (more like some very unusual stuff, not gonna bore ya here).  If kidneys or liver or diabetic?  Then you might want to employ an endo.  Or .. just ... do what your doc says that's simple enough ^_^

Just my thoughts on it :)  There is more than one way to 'skin a cat' as the saying goes. 
  •  

kanad3

Quote from: Dani on April 16, 2018, 07:52:23 PM
At 18 years old, you can do a lot with just hair and makeup. Also, keep your weight down, below 140 pounds if possible. keep up with the aerobic exercise, but avoid using the heavy weights. 

When you get older you will need T blockers, Estradiol and electrolysis. There is just no way around it.

I'd say at 18 years they are at the border or where they might or not need FFS. Might be too late. I started at 17 and still need FFS.
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 16, 2018, 08:02:25 PM

I'm with you Devlyn.
They work as I took them also for a few years also. I am liking the HRT much better though.

Hugs,
    Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

aka.Jade

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies

I'm personally a believer in "nothing is impossible" and "there's always a way", so you never know.

Honestly, it doesn't matter whether I get the full effect, just something to make some change.

If you're wondering why Im against hrt, it's more genderfluid than fully trans, and I would like to have kids one day, iyswim.  ;)

Thanks,
Jade,
X
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks for the explanation, Jade. I'm genderfluid, too. Initially I just wanted some feminization without medical attention, and the herbals certainly delivered on that.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 16, 2018, 08:36:34 PM
I don't consider myself an outlier. I used regulated herbal medications obtained from an herbologist. The homework I already mentioned pointed at a product with outstanding support from it's users and a 5,000 year medical history. Site regulations prevent me from saying much more.

Hugs, Devlyn

How is taking "regulated" herbal medications not HRT? I mean can you be 100% certain these did not contain any form of substitute hormones?

None the less consider HRT I only had 1 complication and its called produced milk. I had a mishap where my doctor was experimenting with progesterone levels to increase my breast development and boom went a bit to far. That was a quick little needle into my breasts and solved after a medication change. At the very least consider a means to block your T and save yourself the development.

Also everyone saying you have time at young are in essence a tad underestimating T, Its strong and happy to develop you till your in your 30s.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: LilDevilOfPrada on April 17, 2018, 02:59:17 PM
How is taking "regulated" herbal medications not HRT? I mean can you be 100% certain these did not contain any form of substitute hormones?

None the less consider HRT I only had 1 complication and its called produced milk. I had a mishap where my doctor was experimenting with progesterone levels to increase my breast development and boom went a bit to far. That was a quick little needle into my breasts and solved after a medication change. At the very least consider a means to block your T and save yourself the development.

Also everyone saying you have time at young are in essence a tad underestimating T, Its strong and happy to develop you till your in your 30s.

They aren't prescription drugs, that's why it isn't HRT.   :)
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on April 17, 2018, 08:24:52 AM
I'm with you Devlyn.
They work as I took them also for a few years also. I am liking the HRT much better though.

Hugs,
    Chelsea
Wow, Chelsea - you're gorgeous!  How long were you on herbs and how long have you been on HRT, if you don't mind saying?

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •