News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Kendra on July 30, 2018, 05:42:12 PM
There is so much great news on this thread - much of it earned through persistence and long term effort. 

Quote from: sophie1904 on July 29, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
Admittedly, not strictly today but I've been on a bit of a media blitz :) 14 weeks until my transition date and I made it into the national media (both The Herald and BBC Radio Scotland) :)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16356100.scots-worker-puts-transgender-on-the-agenda-for-amazon/

And Sophie I am so proud to see your post! 

I respect those who transition in secret to whatever degree is the best for each individual, but people like Sophie who are open about the challenges and achievements of transition are actively chipping away at obsolete social norms and building a better world for all of us.  Sophie you are making that mountain a little bit less steep to climb.  Not just for you, but for all of us.

Kendra

So very true persistence?stubborn? really the same thing in the end LOL

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Artesia

IMG_0339 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Daughters and a cousin

IMG_0328 by Claire Labus, on Flickr
Grandchildren!

They all accept me and love me as me!!!!!!
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

DawnOday

I get to see my speech therapist Emily. She offers so much encouragement and I makes me feel good about the progress I'm making. It seems maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks after all.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Thea

I had my first visit with my endocrinologist today. She gave me prescriptions for starting dosages of Estradiol and Spironolactone!  ;D
Yay!!!
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Arianna Valentine

Okay all this happened but Sunday I still feel happy about it I went to have my bellybutton check to see if I could get it pierced if it would cause any problems and I told the woman that was checking that I didn't have much of a belly button she poked me in the belly button and said it was a cute bellybutton though lol

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Roll

Found out for sure that my HRT is being covered by medicaid! Picked them up for 50 cents per earlier. Makes me mad that my cowardice at not wanting to face the pharmacist in person cost me 300 bucks paying out of pocket online. ;D

She asked "Are these new medications?" with a weird look (not like... bad, just like maybe seemed really high starting dose?), and I just smiled and said nope, been on for going on months and she just happily said "Okay then". She knew what was up and was cool about it. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Roll on August 01, 2018, 09:20:22 PM
Found out for sure that my HRT is being covered by medicaid! Picked them up for 50 cents per earlier. Makes me mad that my cowardice at not wanting to face the pharmacist in person cost me 300 bucks paying out of pocket online. ;D

She asked "Are these new medications?" with a weird look (not like... bad, just like maybe seemed really high starting dose?), and I just smiled and said nope, been on for going on months and she just happily said "Okay then". She knew what was up and was cool about it. ;D
I really find most pharmacist's are not to judging and very understanding and usually don't judge in fact they are usually more concerned about your health and thast your taking the right meds for you.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Roll on August 01, 2018, 09:20:22 PM

@Roll
Dear Ellie:
Way to go.... be brave and know what you want... the pharmacists are usually required to give consultation with new or changed meds, etc...  so they were doing what they were supposed to be doing I would think.
Continue on and keep us all updated...    more happy times are ahead for you.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on August 01, 2018, 07:38:54 PM
Okay all this happened but Sunday I still feel happy about it I went to have my bellybutton check to see if I could get it pierced if it would cause any problems and I told the woman that was checking that I didn't have much of a belly button she poked me in the belly button and said it was a cute bellybutton though lol

@Arianna Valentine
Aweee, gee whiz... a cute belly button.  That would make anyone happy.   What kind of belly button piercing are you considering?
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Thea on August 01, 2018, 06:37:02 PM
I had my first visit with my endocrinologist today. She gave me prescriptions for starting dosages of Estradiol and Spironolactone!  ;D
Yay!!!

@Thea
YAY for sure.  Congratualtions on starting HRT.  We will be looking forward to reading your updates as you feel comfortable posting them.  Hang on for an exciting and sometimes challenging ride...
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: DawnOday on August 01, 2018, 01:30:56 PM
I get to see my speech therapist Emily. She offers so much encouragement and I makes me feel good about the progress I'm making. It seems maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks after all.

@DawnOday
Dear Dawn:  Certainly great news.   Voice is so important for trans-women, I hope and trust that you progress toward your goal quickly.
Please keep us updated as you feel so led.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 02, 2018, 12:58:47 AM
@Arianna Valentine
Aweee, gee whiz... a cute belly button.  That would make anyone happy.   What kind of belly button piercing are you considering?
Hugs,
Danielle
I'm not sure I was definitely thinking like a diamond and you know it kind of dangles down a little bit so not sure though I definitely do want shiny though

•  

SiobhánF

I got my new perfumes from Avon and wore it yesterday to work. Oh, I smelled great. Kept sniffing myself. If y'all want some perfumes to try, Avon sells theirs for $30 each. I wore one called "Today" yesterday. Today, I'll be wearing the one called "Tomorrow." They're part of a series called "Today, Tomorrow, and Forever." Delightful smells. :)
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Donica

I just got my ears pierced today! I had them pierced years ago but I let them close. I'm loving it.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Donica on August 03, 2018, 02:58:58 PM
I just got my ears pierced today! I had them pierced years ago but I let them close. I'm loving it.

Congrats! Earrings are the best! Did not expect to love them as much as I do, I never take mine out at this point. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on August 03, 2018, 11:29:08 AM
I got my new perfumes from Avon and wore it yesterday to work. Oh, I smelled great. Kept sniffing myself. If y'all want some perfumes to try, Avon sells theirs for $30 each. I wore one called "Today" yesterday. Today, I'll be wearing the one called "Tomorrow." They're part of a series called "Today, Tomorrow, and Forever." Delightful smells. :)
After seeing your post about the perfumes I had to find the Amazon today one and letting you know Amazon has it a hundred mL bottle or 3.4 Oz for $22.95 so when you do go to buy it again you can just buy it off Amazon and yeah the waiting sucks but I also bought a really cute pair of shoes that I will show when I get them but thank you for the advice about the perfume I need a new one

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on August 03, 2018, 08:00:41 PM
After seeing your post about the perfumes I had to find the Amazon today one and letting you know Amazon has it a hundred mL bottle or 3.4 Oz for $22.95 so when you do go to buy it again you can just buy it off Amazon and yeah the waiting sucks but I also bought a really cute pair of shoes that I will show when I get them but thank you for the advice about the perfume I need a new one

Ooh, thank you! Yeah, I know I could have gone the Amazon route (I usually do), but I bought mine from a friend who sells it and she told me about the special going on that allowed me to buy two of them for $38. I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to see those new shoes! :)

Oh, and I made a mistake about the series name. It's called, "Today, Tomorrow, and Always." Easy mistake. lol
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on August 03, 2018, 02:58:58 PM

@Donica
Dear Donica:  This is exciting for you... once the studs are out and your ear is healed, what kind of earrings do you prefer?   Personally, I like the dangley earrings and small hoops...  but not the great big hoops, they get in the way.
Pictures when you feel free to post them would be great.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 04, 2018, 09:13:02 AM
@Donica
Dear Donica:  This is exciting for you... once the studs are out and your ear is healed, what kind of earrings do you prefer?   Personally, I like the dangley earrings and small hoops...  but not the great big hoops, they get in the way.
Pictures when you feel free to post them would be great.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle! I soooo love silver with diamond studs. I too like the small hoops. I've had a pair of them for years but couldn't wear them. I also have a couple pairs of dangley earrings too. My favorites are anything silver with diamonds, but not to big as you mentioned. Gold is nice but I've never found them to be as attractive to me as silver. My current studs are stainless steel with only a tiny diamond, but they still look really cute. Three weeks and I get to change them out. I'll post some pictures. I can't wait!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

two things.

A simple "excuse me, ladies" at the laundromat with Lori. Ma'am never happens and lady/ladies only when I'm with Lori. But, I'll take it

I saw HER in the mirror today at my nieces house and she didn't disappear when I stopped to take a longer look.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•