Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Arm size

Started by preston j sannicolas, January 06, 2016, 11:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preston j sannicolas

Ok so this is going to be a short question with 2 parts .
1does hrt make your arms less bulky and can it shrink your bicep i believe that's what their called.

2 what r some ways to make my arms less bulky because latly ive been dressing in girl cloths but when i look in the mirror my arms look huge and it almost ruins it
  •  

Dena

I was built pretty slim to start out with so I didn't have much of a reduction in body size but the blockers can result in a reduction of muscle mass over time. You should be careful to avoid activities that build upper body strength but walking, running and any activities that use your legs are a good way to stay in shape.

Not all women have nice thin arms and some can be quite muscular. I have a cousin who is a few years younger than me who could pick up and handle 50 pound sacks of grain. You can be pretty sure that she didn't have nice thin arm but yet, her muscular build never caused her to be thought of as masculine. There is a wide range of appearances in the feminine population so size in your arms isn't always a major issue.

What to do about it. Any CIS woman is limited by the fashions they can wear. They start in they early teens learning what works for them and what they should never buy. This is way a women who cares about their appearance rarely has something that looks bad on them in their wardrobe. While my arms are thin, I have some of the same problem you have as I have massive shoulder. The solution to both problems is correct selection of tops. We both need to avoid sleeveless, strapless tops. An open neckline like I have in my picture is fine and combine that with a lose fitting or oversized top with short or long sleeves.

The last thing is to get the opinion of others. Often we are over critical of our view of ourself because we don't meet the ideal feminine norm. While you may not have the perfect feminine shape, your appearances may be far better than you think and only others can judge that.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

I am finding that muscles do shrink everywhere except in my legs.  However, it is a very slow reduction.  At the rate I'm experiencing it looks like it might take several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

preston j sannicolas

This is my first time fully dressed up are my arms bulky or is it just me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

•  

Deborah

What are the measurements?  It's hard to say from the picture. 

Another way to reduce arm size is just to lose weight.  Depending on how much you lose your arms will get an inch or more smaller.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Deborah

Look here:  http://andreaportman.tripod.com/averages.html

It has average body measurements for everything.  Then compare yourself.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

preston j sannicolas

Thank you all for the responses

•  

Kclaire86

It can take a real long time for you to lose muscle mass and definition, I have a agile athletic build (read: Lanky... glorifying it lol) but my shoulders were broad as all get out, and my muscles while not big, were definitely defined. it's been 1 year and 4 months since starting HRT and I've just started to notice my shoulders declining in broadness, as well as a loss of strength (though I was never THAT strong to begin with lol)
  •  

preston j sannicolas

I see I also have a decent amount 0f weight to lose so I'm sure the will get smaller when I lose it

•  

preston j sannicolas

Right now I'm like 210 I think maybe more so I'm sure if I lost that then my arms would most like shrink down a little

•  

Ms Grace

Your arms look fine, the thing is with a genetic male body, if you hold them in a certain way (like you have in the pic) the musculature is bound to bulge a bit. Lots and lots and lots of genetic women have large upper arms...

You'll find that HRT will reduce the muscle size, you just want to avoid over developing them to begin with.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Hecknado

I am FTM but what I can say is, running, long distance/jogging/cross country, will slim your arms down. In men and women who are runners, they are small there, plus running will help with weight.
  •  

DiamondBladee

I have the opposite problem x.x
~ Ana Maria
  •  

AlexISAlex

You look really cute in both pictures!

I have the same arms, as well as most females in my family. 

You should check out Justice, they have really cute dresses (I'm size Plus 24).
Check this dress out.  I think this one would look great on you. https://www.shopjustice.com/cold-shoulder-scuba-dress/prd-8340524?plus=true#color/619
I have one just like it, but with a unicorn.
And for color leggings, check out Fabkids, the XXL leggings fit perfectly.
You can buy four pairs for like $30.00.
If you buy that dress, get some light pink leggings.
Also, get some spegett strap sports bras.  Fruit of the loom makes some really good ones.

I'm wondering if you have AIS, as your bone structure looks like a girl's.  And to me, you already look like a girl.
  •  

Aussiecarl

I agree you look beautiful I don't even see your arms so don't worry xx
  •  

AlexISAlex

•