Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by Casady, April 24, 2018, 08:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casady

Hello everyone, I'm Casady. I'm not quite sure how I've ended up where I am today (or probably more to the point, why I didn't end up here sooner) but I guess approaching and passing a landmark birthday last year made me take stock of my life. Today marks 7 weeks since I started on hormones and tomorrow I have my fourth laser hair removal session on my face. I'm enjoying the small changes that hormones have brought so far, especially softer skin and hair. It's lovely not waking up in the morning feeling like a sweaty mess and amazing not to have to wash my once oily hair every day. I don't even mind too much the sudden shock of pain I now experience if I knock my surprisingly rapidly developing breasts or forgetfully roll over onto my front in bed. Yesterday, I realised that I can now smile and show teeth without it looking totally unnatural - something I'm sure wasn't possible before. I've been on here for a while without posting and it's so inspirational to read the stories of those who are on or have taken this journey, particularly those also doing so later in life.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hello Casady,  I enjoyed reading your introduction post.  I am happy that you finally joined us a couple months ago and are now posting.

Thank you for joining Susan's Place...  I see that you are new here and may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

WELCOME to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your transition and to read about others transitions and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey. 
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have a successful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be sure to look at the Links that I posted below, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

V M

Hi Casady  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

TicTac

Hello there Casady!

It is nice to meet you! I am super jealous that your oily hair has disappeared.  It was the exact opposite for me as my hair now gets greasy every 3 days lol. What a nightmare!

Anyways, I hope your transition continues to go well!
  •  

Jessica

Hi Casady 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place! I'm Jessica.
Is the fact that you are truly happy the reason why your teeth were showing naturally when you smile now? 
I love all the changes that HRT brings.

Please visit the links that Danielle gave you.  Pay heed to the one highlighted red, it has answers to commonly asked questions.

I so happy your here, join in, learn, share!
Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Tatiana 79

Hello Casady, I believe you'll find a sense of belonging here. You mentioned all the inspirational stories you read here I know that you inspired me with your results of starting HRT because I am on the brink of starting the journey late in life. I hope you find everything you're looking for and more.                                          Best wishes love Tatiana
  •  

Casady

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes.

Jessica, I'm not sure what's caused my smile to appear to have altered. I know that not much will change in just 7 weeks, but something seems to have happened to my face albeit very slight. (Of course laser hair removal and using better moisturiser also bring their effects.) But now you mention it, it could be that I have simply been more happy and smiley of late and that this relaxation has led to the subtle change rather than the hormones.

TicTac, I'm not that lucky unfortunately. Before, I felt the need to wash my hair every single day when I got up, even when it was short. Now, with longer (but nowhere near long enough!) hair, I'm still having to wash it every 3 or 4 days although happy with that.

Tatiana, yes, it is a great place. I've been one of those reading without posting for a while now. I read your introduction so wish you all the best, especially as you start HRT. As others state on here it is a slow process, and some changes may be psychological, but you should definitely notice things happening even a few weeks in. I've certainly felt quite cheerful lately, even if that's just been caused by starting the process!
  •  

Laurie

Hi Casady,

I'm Laurie. Let me also welcome you to Susan's Place. I are one of them older folk in transition you have spoken about. I believe the smile changes have something to happiness, something that has been missing in a lot of our lives. I have recently learned how to do it also. I may not have experienced a happiness like I've found recently.
  Since you have been skulking in the shadows for awhile I won't show you around as you likely know the place as well as I do. Should you need something however please don't hesitate to ask about it. We all need help from time to time.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Casady

Thanks Laurie! Yes, I believe you're right about the smile. As others have said, that's often a noticeable difference between "before and after" photos. So glad you've found that level of happiness! And I won't skulk around in the shadows any more!
Casady
  •