Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I Guess It's Never Too Late

Started by Pam, April 25, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

Hi all,  I'm Pam.  I said I guess it's never too late because I'm 20 years post op and over that time I've slipped away from the community.  I feel a need to come back even though I've been away so long.

I just posted yesterday about having some current challenges when people "look" at me and lo and behold I got "sir'd" today.  Most of the time I pass but I think my voice did it today.  (Curse the dreaded voice!)

After 20+ years you'd think these things would not be an issue anymore (as they obviously aren't for some lucky folks) but I figured I might as well be honest; it's where I'm at today on this fascinating trip.  Some days are better than others, ya know?

I'm also married (divorced after I came out/remarried to a guy) and now retired.  One of these days I'll post an avatar of myself (after restrictions lifted).

Meanwhile I'll just browse and chime in if I think I can contribute.  Glad you all are here.  Good luck on your journeys.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hello Pam,  I enjoyed reading your informative and interesting introduction post.  I am happy that you joined us and are now posting.

I see that @Jessica already sent you a Welcome Message today on "That Smirk" thread that you posted on.  Thank you for joining Susan's Place...  I see that you are new here and may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your transition and to read about others transitions and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey. 
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have a successful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be very sure to look at the Links that @Jessica posted, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Laurie

Hi Pam,

I'm Laurie. Welcome to Susan's. I thought you were going to be talking about age related transition. You know like in us older folk who didn't know enough to transition at a younger age. Yep that would be me because I didn't know what ailed me was my need to transition until I was 64.
  I like your "never too late" better than mine. Come on in girl and get comfy. I'm sorry you got sir'ed after so long. Voice can definitely be a pesky giveaway can't it? I have had some lessons but haven't really put what I learned into daily practice.
  Well anyway Pam, I'm glad you are here and I'm sure your insights can help others and perhap you can find what you need here.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

Hi Pam  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •