Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by JaslineUK, December 26, 2018, 08:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaslineUK

This is my first post having come across this site by accident. I've been looking into understanding more about hormone therapy, rather nervously and tentatively given I am on the other side of 50. There was a post about a particular private seller which was not a good review. However, like most people probably would I started to read other posts on the forum and can only describe my feelings as awe struck. I actually felt tearful because it seems that getting the courage to start the journey later in life is not unusual. Silly but I feel tearful writing this and have no idea why. It is truly inspirational to read many of the posts and helps me greatly as I still have so many hurdles to cross.

So this is simply a thanks to all those posting here because it helps me so much to hear other peoples stories that I feel less alone, I feel more supported even though I don't actually know any of you.

Thanks
Jasline
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Jasline!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

I am glad you found us.  You are in good company here.  Many of us have started transitioning in our 50s, 60s, and even 70s.  (I am 64.)  They say that the most common age to start is between 35 and 50.

I would recommend finding a gender therapist to discuss your feelings and objectives, and to start planning where to go from here. 

I know that, in the UK, the waiting lists are insane with the NHS.  There is also a private service, GenderGP, that is rated highly.  You have to pay, but the waiting time is shorter, and they can work cooperatively with your NHS GP.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

big kim

Welcome from a Thornton girl
  •  

davina61

Hi from a South (very) Worcestershire lass . I am 63 so that makes you a youngster, been full time and on HRT for a year now and so far easy (waiting for the GIC )
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: JaslineUK on December 26, 2018, 08:22:37 AM
This is my first post having come across this site by accident. I've been looking into understanding more about hormone therapy, rather nervously and tentatively given I am on the other side of 50. There was a post about a particular private seller which was not a good review. However, like most people probably would I started to read other posts on the forum and can only describe my feelings as awe struck. I actually felt tearful because it seems that getting the courage to start the journey later in life is not unusual. Silly but I feel tearful writing this and have no idea why. It is truly inspirational to read many of the posts and helps me greatly as I still have so many hurdles to cross.

So this is simply a thanks to all those posting here because it helps me so much to hear other peoples stories that I feel less alone, I feel more supported even though I don't actually know any of you.

Thanks
Jasline

@JaslineUK
Dear Jasline:
     I am happy to see that you have joined Susan's Place and this is your very first posting here on the Forums.
I am most pleased that you had decided to come to the Susan's Place site and the Forums.  As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I see that our lovely member  @KathyLauren  has already welcomed you but I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that  KathyLauren  included below her welcome message to you.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@JaslineUK
Oh, and another thing, Jasline,
As  @KathyLauren  mentioned in her Welcome Message to you, please make
a point to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself.   

Your introduction there will permit other members here to know of your arrival... and you can expect more sharing of thoughts with other members... an as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

NOTE  Now, after all of this Official Greeting stuff we will let you now have time to do some postings..

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JaslineUK

Thanks everybody. I've posted on the introductions.

This is really silly. I can't stop crying.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: JaslineUK on December 26, 2018, 09:54:43 AM
This is really silly. I can't stop crying.

It's not silly at all, hun.  We understand what it is like to have pent-up emotions.  Reaching out and finding friendly, helping voices is bound to release some of them.  We have all been there.  (((HUGS)))
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Jasline!

Your crying is NOT silly. 

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

One ting I like about this transition thing, I am now allowed to show my emotions, and I can cry whenever i feel the need and desire to cry.

I was raised with the mantra that a real man does not cry, and the heck, I adhered to that!  I did not cry when my mother died, or when my father and my sister died.  I was so good of controlling my emotions, I did not even know anymore how to cry!

And now I am liberated, I can cry and I am allowed to cry!  it is wonderful to just let the motions flow out in the form of tears!  I was emotionally dead inside, and now I am allowed to live, and the world beame a more colorful place for me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Jasline

Welcome to Susans and glad so many here make you feel at home.

I am also from UK and only decided to take positive action by therapy and then HRT in 2017 aged 62.

For both I registered as a private patient with GenderGP and I confirm they offer an excellent service for Transgender matters. I have great admiration for our UK NHS but unfortunately it is inadequately funded for Transgender care.

I wish you every success whatever route you choose to take.

Please don't worry over crying, most of us cry (I do now previously didn't) as we have at last found our emotions.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

JaslineUK

Quote from: pamelatransuk on December 27, 2018, 09:24:00 AM
For both I registered as a private patient with GenderGP and I confirm they offer an excellent service for Transgender matters

Thanks for the welcome Pamela. I hadn't heard of GenderGP until Kathy mentioned them above. I've had a look at their website and the services do seem to cover all bases which is really good. And it also helps loads to hear from someone who has registered with them.

Jas x
  •  

davina61

Yes I am with Gender GP on a joint care  with my own GP , they have been very good
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •