Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Show of hands, who's been raped?

Started by Devlyn, May 04, 2018, 10:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 01, 2018, 04:01:12 PM
Well I did not know where or if I should post this but I figured since I posted in this thread and this has to do with the situation I will post it here. I found out a few weeks ago that one of the guys that sexually assaulted me was found and arrested. The police came to my door asking me if I am still willing to testify, I broke down crying I just want to forget that part of my life. I found out he sexually assaulted many others and there was a group of arrests. I don't want him to get away with it again he was free for 24 years and continued to hurt kids which sucks that the police could not find him. I am sorry that more people got hurt. I don't know if I should testify and re read my victim impact statement in front of a whole courtroom I was humiliated when it happened and it is bringing everything back now. I don't want him to get away again but I don't know if I can mentally handle this it is so hard way to many emotions are going through my head. I just want to live my new life and forget about the past I just don't know what to do

Big hug! I'm wishing you strength however you respond to this. Reliving and remembering the violence inflicted on us is hell.  Please keep us updated.

Hugs, Devlyn

Quote from: GingerVicki on December 01, 2018, 05:01:09 PM
Regrettably, I add my name to the list.

I'm so sorry, honey. I hope you can find some relief by sharing this here with us. Getting it out is so important to moving on.

Hugs, Devlyn

It always tears my heart out when this topic shows up on the recent posts list. Thank you to everyone who has shared or offered support here.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 01, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
Thank you @KathyLauren  @Dietlind @itsApril for your support I really do want to testify I am  hoping I have the mental capability to do so because at this moment I just don't seem to have it. I also just don't to have to relive it all I still have burn marks on my right arm from where they burned me and ya. It is like I am reliving every moment again
[emoji173] 

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

It's not an easy thing speaking out about sexual violence or coercion. I would not blame anyone for wanting to move on with their life, given how victims of genuine abuse get treated after they talk about it. I've seen it and I've almost been through it as well I guess and the response was less than stellar from everyone from the employer at the location to my own family's attitude towards calling the police (i.e "don't bother, you've no decent evidence"). Going forward as a witness in a criminal investigation can be grueling, and rather than support there can be hostility. Do what is best for your own safety and sanity, first and foremost, I would say.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lisa89125

My heart aches for everyone on this list. I know someone who was raped. It sucks and shouldn't happen.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Devlyn

I see some of our newer members sharing their bad experiences and possibly suppressed memories, so I thought I'd bump this thread. Whether you choose to share or not, I hope this topic can help you move forward towards peace.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •