Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sore throat, voice changing

Started by TheOtherSide, April 14, 2010, 01:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Hi, melissamp99!

Welcome to Susan's.

Sorry to hear that you have a sore throat.  Unfortunately, I can't help you with the effects of T, being MTF myself.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: melissamp99 on April 29, 2018, 02:23:38 AM
So I have been on T for almost three weeks. I have the sore throat from HELL! How long does this last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When my voice was deepening, it was mid-winter.  Since it was cold where I am, I drank a LOT of hot tea, which also helped my changing vocal cords.  It didn't seem to matter what flavor tea, only the temperature seemed to matter.

Good luck bro!

Ryuichi 

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

lc100

I have the same experience, but it's allergy season and I also have been talking more than usual lately so... Not sure if it's T! Has your voice cracked at all, even a little bit? I notice a lot of guys always doubt it is T, so maybe we're all just in denial and on T at the wrong time (allergy season) lol.

•  

melissamp99

Quote from: lc100 on May 07, 2018, 01:53:08 PM
I have the same experience, but it's allergy season and I also have been talking more than usual lately so... Not sure if it's T! Has your voice cracked at all, even a little bit? I notice a lot of guys always doubt it is T, so maybe we're all just in denial and on T at the wrong time (allergy season) lol.

No my voice hasn't changed at all . I was diagnosed with strep. Guess it was a coincidence that two weeks after I started T , I got strep throat for the first time.
What got me to ask this question was the first week I had the sore throat, my doctor said it was allergies.
Well my throat got worse and worse so I asked this question. I couldn't take it anymore and went back to the doctors a week later.
This time she did a swab of my throat and bingo it's strep.
[emoji51][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: melissamp99 on May 07, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
No my voice hasn't changed at all . I was diagnosed with strep. Guess it was a coincidence that two weeks after I started T , I got strep throat for the first time.
What got me to ask this question was the first week I had the sore throat, my doctor said it was allergies.
Well my throat got worse and worse so I asked this question. I couldn't take it anymore and went back to the doctors a week later.
This time she did a swab of my throat and bingo it's strep.
[emoji51][emoji2]

Well, that's a total bummer, dude.  :(  Get well soon, okay?

If you weren't sick, I'd recommend you to make a video of you talking in your current voice.  It doens't matter about what, just as long as you talk.  Then in a couple of months, make another one, and so on.  That way, you can keep track of your voice's changes.  I did so, and I'm glad I did!  The change was jawdropping!

Good luck!

Ryuichi

•