Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Howdy all y'alls

Started by salvia-sclarea, May 08, 2018, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvia-sclarea

Hi, I'm Sage - username literally being the latin name for Clary Sage as a fun-fact - and I signed up for this site a bit ago and then promptly forgot it existed, because I am a brilliant soul like that. I'm mid-twenties, Canadian, AFAB, and currently identifying as non-binary-maybe-I-was-cis-all-along. Which is... apparently quite common, from what I've read. I've had genital dysphoria since I was about seven or so, but I just knew that the parts I had didn't correlate to the parts I felt like I should have. It wasn't until about three or four years back when I had a minor episode of 'My body doesn't feel right' that someone pointed out that maybe I wasn't cis, and I've been trying to sort it all out ever since. I apparently project as very masculine online though, which was a common trend even before I started examining my gender and my relation to it.

On the other hand, I have large breasts in relation to my frame, and I've tried binding to no success - I more or less halve my cup size. So, my brain has decided to be paradoxical and decide that since I'll never have them be flat, the aesthetic of having them be bigger and grander is better. In a tactile sense, though, the feeling of going without a bra is honestly on the top ten list of things I could do without in the world. But I love make-up, and definitely aspire to be seen as attractive, even if that means putting on this hyper-feminine front to the world.

Except my voice. That is also something I've pegged as wrong from early ages, and it definitely needs to drop and mellow out. I know it's common for people to not recognize their voice when it's been recorded because it resonates within the body when we speak in a different manner than it gets picked up, but I honestly can't match the voice that I hear recorded from the voice I hear when I speak to the voice I feel I should hear when I speak - internally or reproduced.

So who knows, the hyper-femininity might be due to knowing that I will never pass as anything other than female (literally, got pegged as 'her' when binding and packing once), and doing my best within those confines, and that might be causing the internal doubt. Because I'm also okay gendering myself as female when forced to choose a binary option, but definitely appreciate spaces where I can explain the whole shebang. Whether all that counts as some level of dysphoria or just... some level of internalized misogyny and a desire to escape it, who knows. There's also some other doubts and personal concerns with how I view what's 'right' for me and the journey to those conclusions which I think I'll leave for another day, since this has been enough introspection already, but I definitely wanted to get this down in a space where I can at least hope for some form of either acceptance or having people share their own experiences if they seem to coincide with my own.

So, uh, hi, nice to be here and nice that these forums do exist.
  •  

steph2.0

Hello, Sage, welcome to Susan's Place! We're all glad you remembered to come back! Thanks for posting your interesting story. I have no doubt that since everyone is welcome here, somebody will speak up who has a similar history.

As an official greeter here, I've attached links that will explain what Susan's is all about, and help guide you through the things you should know to get the best use of it.

Again, welcome!!

Stephanie

Things that you should read

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

V M

Hi Sage  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Tatiana 79

Hello Sage
It sounds to me like your stories pretty complex and has been naughing at you for quite some time.
You really found the perfect place Susan's is just packed full of tremendous knowledge and caring people that will definitely help you. Know that you are among your own kind now that you can find almost any answer that you can think of.
I'm pretty new here too but find it as a tremendous resource a deep well of knowledge and experience just waiting to help you.
Hope all the best for your future
           Love Tatiana
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Hi Sage!!

I love that you're a thinker. You are obviously very analytical and have directed those skills to yourself and your situation thoroughly. I tend to do a lot of the same until my heart hijacks the ship for a while. The brain always picks up where it left off, given enough time. We have all of these "feels" and we aren't always sure why - particularly when we appear to be the exception rather than the rule. We then analyze, which I feel is necessary, in order to determine if there are triggers for these feelings and, if so, what they are, etc. I operate under the assumption that the more understanding I have of the "whys" of a thing, the better the chances are that I can truly accept and embrace them.

And after all of that none of it matters and I just want to feel as pretty as a girl I see on the train to work in the morning so....yeah who knows lol. At any rate, I hope to see you around the site!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Allsorts

Hi Sage  :icon_wave: Welcome to the forum!
I'm new here too.
I really like your intro, interesting. I wish I could respond more but my brain is quite fried today, so a simple 'hi' will have to suffice for now! Looking forward to reading your posts, and glad you have found somewhere to explore this stuff amongst people who "get it".
  •