Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is it too soon to start therapy?

Started by Madeline, July 10, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

Hi,
I only came out to both myself and my parents a few weeks ago and my mum has said that, since will be busy before that, she will look into therapy for me after the summer holidays (about 8 weeks time).
I'm really excited but I'm also worried I'm rushing into this to fast? I don't want to do something I'll regret.
Does anyone have advice?
Thanks!
X Maria
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Dena

Therapy will help you progress at the rate that's right for you. If the doctor sees a problem, you will work on the problem until you have resolved it. If there isn't a problem, you will be able to progress at the rate that's right for you. You always have the right and obligation to say stop or not yet. Exploring your feelings doesn't commit you to transition. It only prepares you to make your own decision.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Gertrude

Therapy is never too soon for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

warlockmaker

To understand ones mind for anyone is very difficult. To understand our minds we need to first find peace from our minds conflicts. As tgs this gender conflict is in all of us and  all of us should seek a good gender therapist to initiate this understanding. It takes time and for many its a passing fantacy. Its a major life decision and you are lucky that you have caring parents that have initited this first step of this journey.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Briah

No, it is not too soon for therapy to start.  Use your therapist to explore all aspects of your gender identity and anything else that comes up.  Doing this before you begin HRT will give you time to be sure that you are doing what is right for you at your own pace.

•