Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Went to Wal-Mart last night nothing bad happened!

Started by mako9802, May 16, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mako9802

I just had a major accomplishment I went to Wal-Mart and Sam's Club wearing full on female clothing.  I was wearing a ladies v neck jeans and a black hair scarf and nothing bad happened.  No one for the most part gave me a second thought I wasn't really wearing makeup just mascara lip gloss...No body cared for the most part.  Matter of fact I got a couple of guys liked what they saw.....Overall it was great.....Not a single person called me sir or anything I got "her" and "mam" or no gender at all.  I made this into a bigger deal than it had to be.
  •  

Allison S

That's great!! It's always nice when our fears are squashed by us nonetheless [emoji4]
I only got ma'am and miss once each from the back but people just avoid gendering me. Not there yet but hopefully I will be where you are someday!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

SammyHatesGreenEggs

Congrats Mako!  Glad to read you had a positive experience.  That is definitely a major accomplishment!
  •  

Doreen

Congratulations :) the more you do it, the easier it gets.  If you fidget, act nervous, tap your fingers, etc.. its.. er problematic.  RELAX, take a deep breath.. distract yourself on your phone... whatever it takes to act more 'natural'.  I tell people with anxiety to use the same approach (trans or not).  Trust me it works.  Deep breathing techniques too.

Anyways you probably won't need all that, just smile & be friendly .. and have a wonderful time!  :angel:
  •  

Lady Sarah

Walmart can be strange at times. Ever see the "people of Walmart" website? Nevertheless, I seem to have attracted the attention of a guy at Walmart yesterday. It seems he failed to notice the wedding rings. Oops, on his part.

You will notice that passing gets easier as the years go by. It looks like you got a good start going. Congratulations!
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Laurie

Hi Mako,

I don't wonder that you had no problems looking at your avatar. Those times out in public can be scary as heck. I remember mine were. But, they do get easier and even a non issue eventually. Keep it up and also be careful.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Congratulations You go girl!!

We all started somewhere...Heck I can remember having to have all the blinds drawn and the doors locked (double triple checked) before I would venture out into the house....My first time outside was when I was about 14 in the middle of the night...scared witless. But how good does it make you feel

Quite often its our brains stopping us from moving forward...in reality many people don't care nor notice. Many more are happy to accept you as you appear...female and to treat you accordingly...as they should.

Take Care
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Donna

Mako, You look great girl.
It's so true. If it wasn't that pesky little brain holding us back it would be wonderful. Once you get past the initial venture it can be full speed ahead, what ever your speed is. My first wasn't planned but it made a world of difference.
I would go to my doctor appointment at 7 am in full female cloths, shoes and bra. No make up or hair and I still had a beard and moustache. One morning my wife needed me to stop and pick up something on my way home and she had no idea how I was dressed. Anyways went to the store full of peeps going to work and stood in line, made my purchase and left. The sky didn't fall, the sun still came up and I went home and shaved and have not looked back. Three months later and what you see is what you get. Now I'm fully out and happy
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Eryn T

Mako, you are incredibly beautiful! And I would wager to say that the majority of cis women don't even compare, so I don't see you having any issues in Walmart, but you say people still acted estranged to you? What Walmart is this?! I'm in different Walmarts almost every day, and rarely do I ever come across a beauty like you!  :angel:

All the same, I am glad you're making personal progress in your journey!
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

BrandiYYC

It is amazing how quickly confidence builds and I realized my fears were overblown in my mind. It's still really only been months here, and now it's just everyday life. I am finding myself more and more going out without makeup now for normal daily stuff, well except for lippy of course.  ;)
  •