Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

GOP candidate films herself confronting transgender woman using bathroom

Started by itsApril, May 17, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on June 25, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
I'm glad that negative person lost!  She's obviously still stuck in the 19th century.  What's next, high collared dresses and bustles?

Even when I was pre-T, before I passed as male, I began using the men's room.  Sure I got looks, but I simply said in my deepest voice, "S'up?" and nodded my head.  If anyone would have had an issue, I would have simply looked at them as crazy. 

Besides, even some CIS women "never pass."

Bathroom policing is just that, "policing" those who need to use the bathroom.  What's next in bathroom policing?  Demanding to see ID before you go in?  Its silly and a 19th century way of thinking.  This is the 21st century!  Let those that need to use the facilities be allowed to use them, according to their gender identity. 

Or better yet, make ALL restrooms gender neutral.  That way, there's no paranoid person demanding to see what gender you are.

Ryuichi

Quote from: ErinWDK on June 26, 2018, 08:21:12 AM
The mens room is not as much of an issue.  I did go into one once dressed in a manner that caused my doctor to ask "Why didn't you dress?"  (this was REALLY androgynous, which is truly hard to hit for someone my age)  A man came in, freaked out, and locked himself in a stall.  Well...

Generally mens rooms are not a place for socialization, so saying little or nothing is expected.

The real idea is as Ryuichi suggests:  Make ALL restrooms gender neutral.

•  

Zoe_Kay

Quote from: itsApril on May 17, 2018, 08:42:23 PM
GOP candidate films herself confronting transgender woman using bathroom

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN
05/17/18 07:48 PM EDT
TheHill.com

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/388251-gop-candidate-films-confronts-transgender-woman-using-womens-bathroom

A Republican candidate for Congress in California filmed herself confronting a transgender woman using the women's bathroom at a Denny's in Los Angeles.

Jazmina Saavedra, who is campaigning for a seat in California's 44th District, streamed the incident on Facebook Live on Tuesday.

"I'm trying to use the ladies' room and there is a man here claiming that he is a lady," Saavedra said, entering the bathroom and filming outside the stall.

"You're invading my privacy," the transgender woman inside the stall said.

"You're invading my privacy because I'm a woman and I deserve to use the woman, the ladies' room," Saavedra responded.

She then left the restroom and waited outside for the individual to exit. . . .

My God, what kind of person does this?   Ugh
"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." ~ Alan Cohen
  •