Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

VFSRAC question about coughing

Started by Jill E, May 14, 2018, 08:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jill E

I'm looking at VFSRAC through Yeson. I've been seeing a doctor for a while about a cough that has been stubborn. This past weekend, we spent the entire weekend out of town in a hotel, which leads me to believe I have something allergy related going on.

I'd like to get this surgery sooner than later, but obviously still want to fix whatever it is that's making me cough.. How long do I need to do without coughing completely after surgery?  I imagine staying elsewhere for a bit would circumvent the issue. I know I can do the sort of breathy cough, but I'm wondering specifically about an actual cough.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Doreen

Quote from: Jill E on May 14, 2018, 08:48:10 AM
I'm looking at VFSRAC through Yeson. I've been seeing a doctor for a while about a cough that has been stubborn. This past weekend, we spent the entire weekend out of town in a hotel, which leads me to believe I have something allergy related going on.

I'd like to get this surgery sooner than later, but obviously still want to fix whatever it is that's making me cough.. How long do I need to do without coughing completely after surgery?  I imagine staying elsewhere for a bit would circumvent the issue. I know I can do the sort of breathy cough, but I'm wondering specifically about an actual cough.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had CTA and the doc casually mentioned if you coughed really really hard it might break the surgery string or whatever they used to tighten the vocal chords... so I always keep that in the back of my head.  That sounds like a great question for your doc.. I'd take a liberal supply of cough drops just in case though :) 
  •  

AnonyMs

I read a post elsewhere about Yeson and she reccomended taking some cough drops as you couldn't get those ones in Korea. Whatever they were. I'd have thought Dr Kim would have provided some medina for that though. Seems not, but I'd ask him before you go.
  •  

Kendra

Dr. Kim included a kit with my VFS/VFSRAC which included a weeks' supply of an excellent liquid cough medicine (brand name Synatura) for the most critical time period.  The stuff didn't taste great but was very soothing and was so effective I went to a pharmacy to buy more before I left Seoul.  I showed the packaging to the pharmacy since I couldn't talk, and they explained the cough medicine provided by Yeson required a prescription in Korea. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Rachel

I was prescribed codeine which work very well.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •