Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Where's my slice ? Looks tasty .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

I'll take a slice also Katie. Please.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Katie Jade

House is open for cake eating whenever, just give me notice please.

Also coming this weekend.....;

"

"

Nothing on or planned, so looks like cleaning, food shopping , cutting lawns, washing , ironing, or I could go and see my parents. No contest really, ill ring them now. They do need to see me and recognise the progression I am making, and hopefully be happy for me (unlikely). Still I love them to bits whatever so Ill make it a bit of an occasion. Maybe bake a cake (a simpler one though...)

Looks like Im busy after all

funny how things turn up when you decide to look around. Loads of possibilities as well, out on Motorcycle, on Mountain bike, etc etc.

Had a call yesterday whilst at my support group, (who all think I should go FT soon... Hmmm..) from eldest's gf who is in town as well and wants to come and see me - she is such a sweety, but I will let Eldest know in advance so as not to cause any issues. could be a makeup party - she always promised me that. I wonder if she is booked up yet..

Ill let you know how I get on, feeling so positive at the moment and feeling more 'me' than ever before. Still cant control hormone induced emotions, some really weird ones I haven't felt before as well (but oh so very nice). I suppose Im going through teenage girl emotion syndrome sort of thing at the moment...
Oh well, Ill grow up someday (hope not, or at least not too quickly).

Luv N Hugz

Katie

:-*          :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

nikkiannukts

Katie (Davina, Charlotte, Emma, Kendra and Devlyn, & Megan)

OMG-Where has the week gone.  This time last week I was looking forward, with nervous aprehension,  to our lunch.

I had the most fantastic weekend, made so many new friends, and felt so at peace.

Missing you all this weekend.

Nikki

xx
  •  

Katie Jade

Well tomorrow sorted and as I bought a cheap electric whisk im making a sponge for my mom and Dad (Not certain they think this is a nice thing from their 'son' but I don't care they are getting it).
So its cooked perfectly (sorry abour all those 40 wasted eggs on my last baking attempt.......) and now cooling. Run out of strawberries so its whisked cream and Blueberries... may need a lot of sugar....

Decided against Eldest sons GF coming round as although she is 20 she does look very cute and young, and you know how people put 2 and 2 together and get 500+.....

Posts re the cakes;

Cooked in 8" removable bottom baking trays (round and well greased with full fat butter - Yay);

Waiting for fruit (whipped cream...);

Finished article and dusted with Icing sugar...;

This one was so much easier and as it was a Vic Sponge, which my neighbours cat could do...

So enjoying the baking - I think I need to top Danielle's 10k Calorie buns,,, lets look for a nuke bun recipe

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*          :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* ;D ;D ;D >:( :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: nikkiannukts on September 28, 2018, 04:07:02 PM
Katie (Davina, Charlotte, Emma, Kendra and Devlyn, & Megan)

OMG-Where has the week gone.  This time last week I was looking forward, with nervous aprehension,  to our lunch.

I had the most fantastic weekend, made so many new friends, and felt so at peace.

Missing you all this weekend.

Nikki

xx

Aha.. you got that as well- I had teenage girl hormonal rampage as well I think, so such a .... still I really enjoyed the weekend and everyone's company, the discussion with you and Kendra in particular were so good for me, Kendra talks with such conviction I mainly listened and fluffed any questions as Im sure you heard.

Looking forwards to the next opportunity to meet up

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:            :-*

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Katie

I always read your updates and as I was on holiday (got home Wednesday 26th at 11.00pm), I had much to read and be happy about. Glad your bathroom and baking went well.

I also read the UK Meet Up thread and the event seems to have been a real success and a good time and a learning time seems to have been enjoyed judging from the comments. I note Kendra travelled all the way from Washington State in US to Birmingham UK and back - that was truly considerate of her. It is always uplifting to meet like minded
people including those further on in their transgender journey and I know how beneficial that is.

Very importantly it is so wonderful to see you are so upbeat enthusiastic and motivated and I feel you are now able to clear any unforeseen obstacles.

Sending you love and happiness and hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: pamelatransuk on September 29, 2018, 08:04:35 AM
Hello again Katie

I always read your updates and as I was on holiday (got home Wednesday 26th at 11.00pm), I had much to read and be happy about. Glad your bathroom and baking went well.

I also read the UK Meet Up thread and the event seems to have been a real success and a good time and a learning time seems to have been enjoyed judging from the comments. I note Kendra travelled all the way from Washington State in US to Birmingham UK and back - that was truly considerate of her. It is always uplifting to meet like minded
people including those further on in their transgender journey and I know how beneficial that is.

Very importantly it is so wonderful to see you are so upbeat enthusiastic and motivated and I feel you are now able to clear any unforeseen obstacles.

Sending you love and happiness and hugs

Pamela  xx

Aww Pamela, such a lovely catch up message, thank you, we should meet sometime I think.
Yes, Hidden talents emerging it seems, and just getting out in the fresh air as me is so inspiring, as were all the girls on Saturday. First timers (I'm not much more than that really) to those girls that have bags of confidence, including of course Nikki, Emma and Kendra, such lovely people, I could hug them forever they were so really nice and very inspiring.

So today, went on Motorcycle (new helmet), to parents in semi boy mode, rings and necklace on, as well as underwear and cami-top, but covered up for dads sake.
Lovely welcome, no comments on my higher pitch voice.  They loved my cake (Vic sponge with blueberries as I had used up all my Strawberries on the Macmillan cake event at work).
I showed mum the avatar pic that I currently have (note if you are reading this in the future then I may have changed that), and she thought I looked a completely different person (Duh..), and was quite pretty and shared a lot of my looks with my Niece (Lawyer in Manchester - Grad last year from one of my old Unis, MMU, with a 1st in Law stuff..)
And apart from 30 years, 12 " in height, flawless complexion, cute nose long blond full head of hair etc etc etc, I agreed...

Big hugz all round and a couple of cups of tea, fixed Mums desktop and laptop computers (SW/FW issues), talked a bit about me and my progress, even highlighted that my chest was growing and ached a lot, that my face has changed a lot and that they made me almost cry twice (watering eyes syndrome - still cant get those emo's under any sort of control). They noted several times that I look and am so very happy at the moment. That's not surprising but its good to see their child is happy and so content for a change.

I did say that I am talking to HR (or personnel as Mum calls it..) about going full time as Kate/Katie some time around Xmas, not certain if they understood the implications of that, and that my AMAB name would rest eternally.

Anyway, found that Dad was going to bin a 1985 Nintendo game player with a game in it,, Wow I said, don't do that it may be worth something. Its a grey block about 6"x8"x2" with a corner 1"x1"x6" that lifts up to expose the game cartridge that slots in diagonally. Never seen one before this myself but had a game in it as well, Maybe I put a pic up sometime.

Anyhow left and took a tour - Bike was sooooo good, so I went towards Buxton then down the Via Gellia road to Cromford, and through Matlock Bath, loads of looks - maybe as my old boy leathers were being pushed by my girls... Well I like to think so anyway.

So chilling tonight, a glass or two of red and Also Im washing my boy work clothes as well as soaking my hair piece - its the same as the one at last weeks events but very highlighted, blond a bit of red and dark brown and black streaks - looks cool but very false I think. Still I love it.

That's it from me for tonight.

Loving you all so much..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*            ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

This is covered in the 'what are you eating tonight topic but good in here as well;

Went for Tapas today will colleagues, 2 ladies from Sweden and my senior technical engineer (Whom I am training up to be my eventual replacement or deputy). I have known them for several years but never previously been able to go out for a social with them. They all know about my transition, but as we were meant to meet a colleague who used to work for me as well who was not in my confidence yet but a nice chap whatever, I had to go in 'drab'. When we got there I was told that he was stuck in Birmingham (UK one...) so I could have gone anyway as me... nvm there will be other times.
Anyway Tapas...

"We actually decided on the £20 a head tapas  ' best order' selection so here is start;

Lots of eating  and laughing later (sorry too busy for an interim shot, several dishes already cleared away);

Lots of empty plates, friendship renewed and enhanced, coffee and home.

If you are in Derby then it is very good but you do have to book. The restaurant is called  Spanish Bar Lorentes, Derby. Most secure car park in EU just around the corner as well -not that its needed mid week in Derby."

Anyway needless to say Im safely back home, feeling quite fat and will probably not need to eat for a few days...

Also today I used Garnier Ultimate Blends (not advertising as  know there are many others available) marvellous glow oil on my hair (before washing) tonight before going out. OMG, hair feels fuller, sleeker shinier and not so blow away. really liking the stuff and also that it brings the occasional very slight auburn natural streaks (between the grey/mousy colour hair) out. Loving it...

Will sleep happy tonight  now that Im finding more stuff out about hair care and trying it rather than watching it on YouTube and just wondering..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie: 
I have really enjoyed your recent updates.   Of course when you post pictures of wonderful looking food and cakes and all of that piques my interest greatly.
Also the positive tidbits about your transition related details are music to my ears.

Oh, regarding food, I think that you had offered to post some pictures of some genuine varieties of Pasties that you have available....  that would be nice to see and would compliment your food pictures that you have already posted.

Thanks for your uplifting updates.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 03, 2018, 05:41:52 PM
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie: 
I have really enjoyed your recent updates.   Of course when you post pictures of wonderful looking food and cakes and all of that piques my interest greatly.
Also the positive tidbits about your transition related details are music to my ears.

Oh, regarding food, I think that you had offered to post some pictures of some genuine varieties of Pasties that you have available....  that would be nice to see and would compliment your food pictures that you have already posted.

Thanks for your uplifting updates.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

I sure will Danielle when I get chance to do that. At the moment I'm getting set for a visit on Saturday of my Cousin as she and I were close once upon a time and she needs to make sure Im OK and happy with my 'Life Choice' stuff.
Likely to be chicken strip and pan fried Haloumi salad with a nice bit of rough bread to mop up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Ill try and find some stuffed olives as well I think. Going to make this nice for her as she is actually the first member of my direct family (ex and sons aside) that has bothered to come and see me. Says something....

Anyway time is fleet, and I need to get ready for full time at work so started with shopping (yay my definite obsession...) for work clothes;

Blue plain blouse and black skirt - I prefer the skater type as it gives me the illusion of a bit of a waist.
As you can see, my chest is a bit of a give away at the moment so currently Im binding it at work, which does end up aching - and to help disguise I always wear my old boy jacket as its a bit oversized since I lost weight last year. Have another similar skirt and a navy with polka dots blouse on the way as well. Cheap Amazon ones until I get the look I can settle with. Then probably more cheap Amazon or Matalan clothes anyway so I can get some choice.

Also got a cardi/thing, as I liked pattern and its surprisingly nice and cosy;

Oh well, not quite ready yet (another 1/2 ton of weight to loose maybe...) for full time clothes wise although a good portion of my head is. I still need to get out on my own more anyway, work is fine as its a safe place  ......

Still loving it all anyway.

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*        ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :'( :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

•  

davina61

Loving the cardy , have you done the charity shop hunt yet. Its surprizing what you can find, picked up a nice jacket for £8 and a red blouse/ top shirty thing for £4.50
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Hi Katie .

Love the top and the skirt. I need to get me a nice cardigan for our colder days the are around the corner.

Keep shopping
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2018, 05:08:12 PM
Hi Katie .

Love the top and the skirt. I need to get me a nice cardigan for our colder days the are around the corner.

Keep shopping
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
I love your new clothing purchases and I certainly love the sweater...  it has been getting quite cold here that last several weeks....  long sleeve tops and dresses, sweaters and winter coats are what I have been wearing lately.

..... your food pictures are truly wonderful....  I gain weight just looking at them.   Very tasty looking foods that you prepare.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Well the visit from my lovely cousin Sue went really well. She is such a wonderful girl and a loving Mum to her sons.
She brought me some lovely red lilies' to go with the white and pink bunches I already have in the living room. I do so love lilies'.... Also she gave me a lovely blue scarf with a flower motif. A most welcome addition to my growing collection of scarves. That was very sweet of her.
Columbian coffees all round and the onto finishing the lunch, which was a warm salad of dry fried chicken strips and slices of haloumi (also dry fried). Sue had brought some onion and potato bread which went really well with the salad(see the pic).  Afters were the remnants of the cake I made yesterday - Carrot and Ginger sponge with cream filling....

Lots of chatting about me (my favourite subject of course) and things that went on when we were growing up. All good stuff, and in reality reaffirmed our friendship.
Sadly the time went too quickly and it was all over much too soon, but she left with a big hug and vows to meet up again. So loving today :).

Yesterday was pretty good as well mind you. I texted my friend Tina saying I was  bored and only had ironing to do and immediately got told she needed help moving her stuff into her new flat. I promptly stopped the ironing and made sure I was presentable in time for her to pick me up and we were off into Derby. She has a lovely flat and when its set up Im sure it will be a real cosy home to her. When she dropped me off I made sure she had some cake and a coffee as a treat. Unfortunately the cake was sooooooo good we ended up eating half of it.... how unfortunate :).
Still there was enough for todays lunch, and it was very much liked again.

Enough to say my diet has taken a good beating in the last 24 hrs so its back on the 'no-treats' waggon again for me (I wonder what will happen to that remaining cake.... time will tell....)

Loving life and loving myself

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*         ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

Glad you had a nice time and cake!! With you on the diet thing, not helped by a "drunken" late night Indian meal last night!! Not standing on the scales for 2 days now----
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: davina61 on October 06, 2018, 09:54:59 AM
Not standing on the scales for 2 days now----

:o

Haha!!! Im with you there sister :)

L&H's

Katie

:-*      :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

Snipped:
Quote from: Katie Jade on October 06, 2018, 09:43:17 AM
- - - - - - - - - - - - --
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When she dropped me off I made sure she had some cake and a coffee as a treat. Unfortunately the cake was sooooooo good we ended up eating half of it.... how unfortunate :).
Still there was enough for todays lunch, and it was very much liked again.

Enough to say my diet has taken a good beating in the last 24 hrs so its back on the 'no-treats' waggon again for me (I wonder what will happen to that remaining cake.... time will tell....)

Loving life and loving myself

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*         ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
Another happy and wonderful update on your thread... and, of course, including delicious looking food pictures...  I am gaining weight just looking at your photos!!! :)

... I had to chuckle when I read your statement that"you and your cousin ended up eating half of the cake."   No wonder that you stated that your diet has taken a good beating.
Yep, time to get back on to the "diet wagon" .... no more cheating allowed.

I am glad that you have a wonderful visit with your cousin, it sounded like you had a very nice time.... I am very happy for you.

Thank you for keeping us all tuned in to your exciting life events and of course your enticing food pictures.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Dearest Danielle, moi? cheat? C'est ne pas possible.... I just stray occasionally to the 'yummy' side of treats, surely thats not cheating...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway not so exciting for me at the moment, as its Saturday night, all dolled up and nowhere to go, still, I'll have an early night of it I think.

Tried on some old (for me) clothes as I was bored ;

(Ignore the G&T on the little table..)

They are comfy though, so love leggings and my suede boots.

Maybe ill put some music on and boogie for a bit.. Lets see, I do need to practice my moves though ..

So that's probably it from me for the night,

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

PS;

I don't think I posted this one of me, all real stuff (i.e. no wig thing...), how do you think I'm coming along? I think I can see a bit of a girl in there somewhere.. hair is just onto shoulders at the moment at the back and an inch or so past my ears (apart from the bits that need 'repairing'.....)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
You look very lovely in your latest "dressed up" pictures.   I think that all transitioners have also done just that... no where to go, dressing up and trying new looks.... lots of fun getting all dolled up... but shucky-darn, no where to go to show yourself off.... bummer.   

I like your very last photo of the real  you..... your natural hair is not much shorter that mine right now.   My hair last winter was at a below shoulder length and this summer I trimmed it down to my present length.  Some MTF transitioners believe that they have to have long hair to look feminine.... but there are lovely feminine hair styles that look really nice for shorter hair than yours or mine.

Thank you for sharing your photos with all of us.... you look terrific!!!!
Hugs and well wishes as you continue on.
Danielle

•