News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fibrin not falling off?! Vaginoplasty

Started by keloic098, May 31, 2018, 09:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keloic098

Hello everyone!!

I recently posted about my frustrations and complications with my vaginoplasty on April 9th 2018.
Turns out now that the fibrin build up that occurs in the entrance of the vagina is not falling off like its supposed to.
I keep it constantly exposed to air whenever I'm home (thanks to thigh high socks) but it isn't falling off.
Dr. Brassards staff instructed me to take 3 sitz baths a day instead of 2 and a shower.
I feel absolutely and utterly defeated with this recovery.
Has anyone else had this issue with their GCS? and what did you do to rectify the situation? And how long did it take?

Thanks so much
Anja
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: keloic098 on May 31, 2018, 09:00:32 PM
Hello everyone!!

I recently posted about my frustrations and complications with my vaginoplasty on April 9th 2018.
Turns out now that the fibrin build up that occurs in the entrance of the vagina is not falling off like its supposed to.
I keep it constantly exposed to air whenever I'm home (thanks to thigh high socks) but it isn't falling off.
Dr. Brassards staff instructed me to take 3 sitz baths a day instead of 2 and a shower.
I feel absolutely and utterly defeated with this recovery.
Has anyone else had this issue with their GCS? and what did you do to rectify the situation? And how long did it take?

Thanks so much
Anja

Have they recommended anything like vitamin D ointment or aloe or something to help facilitate softening of the tissue?
  •  

kat69

Anja,

I also had my GCS with Dr Brassard, but on 30 April....as few weeks later.   

I had major issues with fibrin on the last side of my vagina, and even in the vaginal canal....it took me 1.5 weeks of basically dedicated 24/7 air drying before the fibrin reduced.  Now I have a rather large raw area which Dr Brassard says I'll take another couple of months to heal...all the while I need to keep dry and free from fibrin.

I'm not sure from your post what your schedule is like, but try doing some long term airing even though it may seen restrictive and boring. 

Let me know how,it goes...please.
Therapy - December 2015
Out to Family - 15 September 2016
Start of Transition - 28 October 2016
Full Time - 2 November 2016
HRT - 23 November 2016
GCS - 30 April 2018 (Dr Brassard)

•  

keloic098

I emailed dr beassards nurses and informed them that it changed color to orange, they told me to keep air drying as much as possible, I think it's gone down a bit. I've been air drying as much as I can and if I have to get up to do some house work I make sure it's short and quick and dan the area with paper towel to make sure I keep it dry and resume air drying. They also said I can take Advil or Motrin to help with inflammation/swelling and told me to keep icing it to help with the swelling. I thought once you reached a certain point in recovery I.E 2 months it wouldn't help anymore but I suppose it does ahah.

Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear about your fibrin issues to but I gotta say makes me feel like I'm not alone in my issue lol
Will keep you updated!

Cheers
Anja
  •