Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Bad reaction to testosterone

Started by Acht, June 10, 2018, 10:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acht

Hi everyone, I took my first shot of testosterone 6 months ago and had some of the serious side effects (chest pain, leg pain and tightness in my jaw). Because of this my doctor switched me to a compounded gel. The only side effect I've had is an inflamed feeling on the right side of my neck, it feels warm and swollen but looks normal. All my labs came back normal and my doctor said to take Ibuprofen and that it would go away on its own. It's been 5 months now with no change and I'm starting to worry about what might be causing it. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Acht
Dear Acht    First things first !!!   I have just now noticed that your arrival here at Susan's Place today has not yet resulted with an Official Welcome message being sent to you.   Please allow me to do that now.

First, thank you for your very first post here on the Forums.   

It is great to see that you had taken the step to become a member of Susan's Place and that you have already shared your questions and concerns.   

Most certainly are aware that if you have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your similar circumstances.

Please allow me now to Officially  WELCOME you to Susan's Place.  You most likely already have found that this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you can now share with others and can involve yourself with some quality give and take with other members.
When and if you ever get frustrated or if you have more successes you can share here on the Forums and therefore receive support from others and to offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you will make some new friends here. 

Please continue posting as you have been doing and be involved at your own pace. 

Undoubtedly since you  have been around here for about a month now you may have already seen the Susan's Place LINKS that I have posted at the end of this message.... these Important LINKS will inform you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.

***Oh, one final thing, please stop by the  Introductions Forum  to formally introduce yourself to the other members that may not realize that you have become a member ...so more members will know of your arrival and thus create more mutual and beneficial sharing opportunities for all.

Again, Wishing you a warm welcome.  Thank you for signing up.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

AnonyMs

You might be allergic to whatever the testesterone is mixed with.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Is there a different way you can get your T?  It does sound like an allergy.  Maybe talk to your doctor, or better yet, get a second opinion.  You shouldn't have to hurt just because you are on T.

Good luck bro.

Ryuichi

•  

invisiblemonsters

some people are allergic to what the testosterone is suspended in. some of it is sesame seed oil, some is cotton seed oil. with the gels, it is more alcohol based. i think you should get a second opinion on what is causing it. if your doctor isn't an endocrinologist, i definitely recommended going to one to figure it out. they deal more so with testosterone, etc. and have a more in depth knowledge then your typical GP.
  •  

Acht

Thanks for your help everyone, I have to see my doctor next month for blood work anyway so I'll bring up the possible allergy with him. Last time I didn't feel like he took me seriously but I'll try. I'll definitely look into finding an Endo and seeing what they have to say.
  •