Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anyone know any family doctor who is knowledgeable with trans health in Toronto

Started by galayogeda, June 12, 2018, 10:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galayogeda

Hey everyone, I am a transgirl from Toronto and I am starting my journey of transition. 

So my first step of my transition is to find myself a new family doctor who is knowledgeable with transgender health, as my current family doctor told me that he is neither not knowledgeable with trans health nor comfortable prescribing hormones for me. So I have been contacting various primary health care providers, such as the Sherbourne Health Centre, Dr. Louie Chan from Church Wellesley health Centre, but none of them are taking any new clients at the moment. Though I put myself onto their waitlist, I would like to continue connect myself to any other trans knowledgeable family doctor and see if any of them are still intaking new client by chance.

So anyone know any family doctor from Toronto or York Region who is knowledgeable transgender health? Or is your current family doctor knowledgeable with transgender health??  If so, may u give me his/her name, contact info and the name of the clinic, then I will contact them and see if they are still in taking any new client.

Also, while I know that hormones replacement can be prescribed by family doctor or nurse practitioner, I know that some of you didn't get your hormones from your family doctor. So if possible may you explain how you get start on your hormones?

Last question, I am also considering getting the adam apple removal surgery, so do you guys have any good surgeons to recommend me tot have my adam apple removal surgery? 

Thank you so much for your help and support! I look forward to hear from u soon!! :)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@galayogeda 
  Hello Gaylayogeda,   I don't intend to derail your very first posting and your questions and concern that you stated but First Things First, then I will let you have your posting back.

I see that this is your very first posting and you have just become a member of Susan's Place so please allow me to give you my Official Welcome.

I am glad that you have taken the step to become a member of Susan's Place and that you have shared your  thoughts with other members here on your first posting and thread.

I am thinking that you may lots of questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances.

Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with what you may be going through.

Please allow me to also WELCOME you to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you had signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace. 

Below, I posted Important LINKS that will tell you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@galayogeda 
***Oh, one more thing Galayogeda, you will have more opportunity of meeting more members
that may have an answer to your questions and concerns
if you can do one more thing,

Please stop by the  Introductions Forum  to formally introduce yourself to the other members that may not realize that you have just become a member ...so more members will know of your arrival and thus create more mutual and beneficial sharing opportunities for all.
Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Paige

Quote from: galayogeda on June 12, 2018, 10:58:55 PM
Hey everyone, I am a transgirl from Toronto and I am starting my journey of transition. 

So my first step of my transition is to find myself a new family doctor who is knowledgeable with transgender health, as my current family doctor told me that he is neither not knowledgeable with trans health nor comfortable prescribing hormones for me. So I have been contacting various primary health care providers, such as the Sherbourne Health Centre, Dr. Louie Chan from Church Wellesley health Centre, but none of them are taking any new clients at the moment. Though I put myself onto their waitlist, I would like to continue connect myself to any other trans knowledgeable family doctor and see if any of them are still intaking new client by chance.

So anyone know any family doctor from Toronto or York Region who is knowledgeable transgender health? Or is your current family doctor knowledgeable with transgender health??  If so, may u give me his/her name, contact info and the name of the clinic, then I will contact them and see if they are still in taking any new client.

Also, while I know that hormones replacement can be prescribed by family doctor or nurse practitioner, I know that some of you didn't get your hormones from your family doctor. So if possible may you explain how you get start on your hormones?

Last question, I am also considering getting the adam apple removal surgery, so do you guys have any good surgeons to recommend me tot have my adam apple removal surgery? 

Thank you so much for your help and support! I look forward to hear from u soon!! :)

Hi Galayogeda,

I live in York Region and my family doctor prescribes me E.  Unfortunately his practice is full.  I also wouldn't consider him knowledgeable in trangender treatment.  I've often had to educate him.

I'm amazed Sherbourne was not helpful, but I've heard they're quite swamped these days.

Have you tried phoning the 519?  http://the519.org   

If you live in York Region there's also Family Services York Region http://fsyr.ca/

Both are very trans friendly.

Take care,
Paige :)

•