News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

MTF SRS (Bottom Surgery)

Started by annaleaver, June 11, 2018, 07:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annaleaver

Hi,

Please would some of you comment on your experience of SRS (bottom) surgery with the NHS, from the point signed on with the GIC to the surgery itself?

I'm particularly interested in:

Talking therapy
Random celebrity aliases that appear in appointments and on medical documents/emails
HRT, did the dose of injection ever wear off, or has anybody ever had experience of being injected on a daily basis
Or any other tests discretely performed on them while they transition

anastasia x
Deed poll 17/10/2017
Passport 09/02/2018
Drivers License 07/03/2018
Electrolysis 03/07/2018
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: anastasialea on June 11, 2018, 07:03:32 AM
Hi,

Please would some of you comment on your experience of SRS (bottom) surgery with the NHS, from the point signed on with the GIC to the surgery itself?

I'm particularly interested in:

Talking therapy

What specifically are you asking about it?

QuoteRandom celebrity aliases that appear in appointments and on medical documents/emails

This would be unethical, unprofessional and probably illegal, report it to the GMC.

QuoteHRT, did the dose of injection ever wear off, or has anybody ever had experience of being injected on a daily basis

There is often some adjustment of dose in the early part of hormonal reassignment, this is fairly normal as individual reactions to hormones vary. Injecting estrogen daily would be counterproductive and pointless. Same with any of the injectable androgen blockers.

QuoteOr any other tests discretely performed on them while they transition

Unless the tests are medically required this would be unethical behaviour and should be reported to the GMC.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

annaleaver

Thanks, I have had issues reporting this/similar sort of stuff with the GMC before though
Deed poll 17/10/2017
Passport 09/02/2018
Drivers License 07/03/2018
Electrolysis 03/07/2018
  •