Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Need some advice

Started by SilentAngel13, April 28, 2018, 07:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentAngel13

Hello my name is Angel. I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm here because I'm going to be starting the process of getting SRS and would like to save some of my sperm prior to it.  As my girlfriend and I would possible like to have a child down the road. My problem is I'm not sure how I go about this, Or who I should ask. I'm not sure if I go to a normal sperm bank plus what complications it more is I have had a vasectomy. I live near Philadelphia PA and am looking for any information or ideas.  Thank you :)
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Silent Angel!

Welcome to Susan's.

I don't know how you would go about this, but the place to start finding out might be your doctor.  The vasectomy will certainly complicate it.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Hello Angel and welcome.  I don't have a direct answer but there are several surgeons in your area that you might contact for an opinion as I'm sure this question has come up before.  I can think of three; McGinn, Rumer, Leis.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

V M

Hi Angel  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

I would imagine that your local physician would have recommendations for a sperm bank near your area, maybe Google
"sperm bank near philadelphia, pa" ?

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. A vasectomy is somewhat difficult to reverse but I believe it can be done. There may be other ways to collect a sample but you will need to talk to a fertility clinic in order to learn just what is possible. If you decide to go with a reversal, it will require surgery and may take months before a sample can be collected. Good luck exploring your options.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Lady Love

I cant advise on the vasectomy part, but I know the midsouth has a guide for trans friendly businesses. I dont know if PA has a similar guide or if that includes sperm banks, but looking for one is a place to start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

•  

MicheleAdams

Unless your vasectomy somehow failed, you'll need either a reversal or you could pursue direct extraction (either a needle extraction in the vas or something called TESE). All options will cost (as will storage of sperm and, later, insemination). For other than reversal, you'd need a provider in a place with a substantial fertility program. In my area it's the Cleveland Clinic. There also is a gender program there that probably would facilitate dialog with the fertility folks after becoming a patient, if you were to. I don't know about elsewhere. Consider including this option in your research online and then discussing with the provider you choose. The costs for any option is substantial, and much would be money now. Also, if you have a GCS surgeon in mind, get input about where the incisions should go. Last thing you'll want is a scar on essential tissue in GCS. Finally, do some soul searching too with your girlfriend regarding future use of donor semen instead. It's less costly and no money now.
  •  

Lady Love

When I got my prescription they gave me numbers to sperm banks in California and Virginia, so there's a state for you to look in at least

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  •  

Rachel

Mazzoni is in Philadelphia. You can call them and ask about banking sperm and where to go for that. As far as reversing a vasectomy I would ask them that question too. They may refer you to a doctor. They treat a lot of trans so you can be 100% comfortable with them. They may refer you to Jefferson for the vasectomy issue.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •