Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

In case you are wondering I did it.

Started by Coffeedrew, July 05, 2018, 09:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffeedrew

I work with my dad daily and he could tell something was up with me.I was super nervous and had anxiety around him and was not my self. I was told who cares what he thinks your 26, just do what makes you feel happy.I care about my dad and I would tell him anything.I actually came out to my stepmom,brother, cousin before I told him so he would not feel all alone.I find that timing is a incredibly important thing the last thing I  wanted to do was make him feel like I was punishing him with my "selfish feelings". I told my cousin and I actually cried because she was so nice and understanding. After talking with her and my step mom I chose to sit down with my dad and have a drink with him and told him everything.He accepted me for who I want to be even though he could not relate to how I feel.They told me when I was young, I could be anything that I wanted to be, and it took me 16 years to realize that this is me.To all who read this: One day you'll have to find the courage to express your self to people and it will be hard.For some it may be easy and others it will be a uphill battle and brick walls.Never give up and chase those dreams.Be the change you want to see in the world even if people are negative.We only live once and there is not time for regrets. It is never to late to come out or do what ever it is you want to do in life.I have a quote on my wall I see it every day and it says this: "I want to inspire people.I want someone to look at me and say "Because of you I didn't give up."" I  do not know who wrote that original quote but it was because of them I never gave up.I also want to say every time somebody reads a post thanks and to those of you who post because of you I didn't give up.
  •  

Jessica

Congratulations with your coming out to your family.  Each time you reveal your true self to someone, it gets easier. I'm glad you didn't give up!

Hugs, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Nova_Noelle

Have courage and be kind.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

That's a step in the right direction, and getting your family's support will make everything way easier.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Madeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Kendra

Your entire post here is so inspiring - but especially this:

Quote from: Coffeedrew on July 05, 2018, 09:29:55 PM
> They told me when I was young, I could be anything that I wanted to be, and it took me 16 years to realize that this is me.

Wow.  Awesome!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Coffeedrew

Thanks, I try my best. It has not been easy and I have always known that I have been different.As a child that could not read or write good until 5th grade.It took until I was 19 before I could tell people how I felt inside.I have always known that I have always wanted to be apart of something bigger than myself.I read a lot of posts old and new and I want to say something.I want those people to know that they are not alone and I can relate to what they feel even if it's not expressed in words.When I was younger the teachers always told me there is no stupid question to ask and I was in college when I finally realized that.I just want to give back to people and encourage them to ask questions and reach out to others to find answers.
  •  

Katie Jade

Dear Coffeedrew
May I say well done and so well handled.
Family is so difficult to come out to, but often it seems its better than anticipated. Keep going, be happy and those around you will see that what you are doing is right for you and will accept more and help. Those that don't I would say are probably not concerned about you at all and shouldn't be listened to.
Have the best of luck and continue with fortitude and reinforced resilience from the positive start you have made.
Luv n Hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •