Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Big questions

Started by Coffeedrew, June 25, 2018, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffeedrew

So here goes:Due to my unique situation I can only afford to do one of two options financially that's get facial hair removed a couple of hours week by week until I can afford HRT or do HRT and try maybe once a month to get hair removed for a few hours of electrolysis.If somebody else was in my shoes what would they do?Right now I present as a man to everybody which honestly sucks. Also I was curious would a T-blocker be helpful to me during hair removal until I want to go full time HRT. Also I have pale white skin(years of wearing a hat) and super dark facial black/dark brown hair would laser clear that up and then do electrolysis on whats left ??? Oh and a bonus question I was told to do groupons if I go laser I have no idea how to do that or even start? Advice, opinions and or thoughts much appreciated.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I would start hair removal as soon as possible since it's a long term process.  HRT will not make your facial hair lessen.  It may affect your body hair, but facial is different. 

Never done Groupon but my electrologist offers packages that are quite attractive in price so don't be afraid to ask yours for her best price.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Kendra

I began hair removal before HRT.  Facial hair often requires a surprising amount of time and effort to permanently remove. 

When I started HRT I found my perception of pain changed, and with an increase in dosage the pain worsened.  Glad I took care of the most difficult areas before starting HRT.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Coffeedrew

I want to begin HRT but I feel facial removal might be best since it is so critical.It will set me back a year or two which is a little upsetting but it seems the benefits out weigh the negatives.
  •  

Harley Quinn

I started HRT first. It takes a bit to see a whole lot of change if you're older. I started laser after my first year on hormones. I did laser to kill a bulk of my facial hair, then cleaned it up with electrolysis to expedite hair removal. Groupon isn't a bad way to get laser started. Or find a package deal... laser works fairly quickly.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Coffeedrew

Did laser hurt like people say?I read one post of a person saying it felt like getting punched in the face.I also heard laser goes quick.It was about 20 minutes to clear the face? Also do you remember price on it and when search ing for a Groupon is it a small or medium treatment area? Thanks for help.
  •  

Dena

Both laser and electrolysis hurt. I haven't had laser but electrolysis feels like your burning the roots one by one. Laser is faster and far cheaper than electrolysis but my hair was light enough and skin dark enough that had it existed, it probably wouldn't have worked for me.

When I transitioned, we need to have half our facial hair removed before we were given our letter for surgery. Along with RLE it was a test of our determination to become a female. Rather painful way to test our determination but they didn't understand us nearly as well as they do today.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Coffeedrew on June 27, 2018, 09:22:11 PM
Did laser hurt like people say?I read one post of a person saying it felt like getting punched in the face.I also heard laser goes quick.It was about 20 minutes to clear the face? Also do you remember price on it and when search ing for a Groupon is it a small or medium treatment area? Thanks for help.
I had Alexanderite laser first. It didn't hurt, but you could smell burning hair. I switched to Diode and that hurts like a mother. The Alexanderite laser wasn't very effective on me. I got way faster clearance with Diode. Electrolysis is more painful than Alexanderite laser, but way less painful than Diode. It takes about an hour to do my full face and neck with laser. Full face and neck was a large treatment area for me. I spent $1300 on diode laser. It was a package for 6 treatments and 1 year of touchups. Electrolysis is $74 an hour where I'm going for a certified professional electrologist. They have different rates Electrolygist is about 60 an hour, 68 an hour for professional electrologist, and 74 an hour for certified professional electrologist. They have different ratings. I am doing blended electrolysis, which is heat and electricity. A little slower than just zapping, but it seems to be very effective for me.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Coffeedrew

Thank you for the reply that's super helpful. :)
  •  

VickyS

Quote from: Dena on June 27, 2018, 10:01:23 PM
When I transitioned, we need to have half our facial hair removed before we were given our letter for surgery. Along with RLE it was a test of our determination to become a female. Rather painful way to test our determination but they didn't understand us nearly as well as they do today.

Wow! That's kinda wierd but understandable given the times...

I am having to wait over 2 years (prob more like 3) to see a GIC thanks to the UK's NHS so that means 3 years until HRT, so that has forced a window of 3 years to grow hair out and get virtually all facial hair gone - funds allowing! and I'm sure having nearly completed electrolysis should count towards being serious about transition to the GIC.  That's the hope anyways...
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •