Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you ever regret not having faith anymore?

Started by DPS, July 01, 2018, 02:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

If there is a God why would the world be the way that it is? If there is a God he/she/it does not care about people. Maybe some but not most. Certainly not me. I've tried to live a good life and have been treated horribly by EVERYONE who mattered to me.

Why would I put faith is God when no prayers were ever answered, no help given, and not obviously no care given. I could go on and on but why bother.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: DawnOday on September 02, 2018, 06:13:54 PM
My faith is in God or a higher power than myself. I keep everything between me and him. Does he shout in my ear "Run for President"?Of course he doesn't. But he does remind me of his two greatest commandments. Love God and Love thy neighbor. The church can go to HE double hockey sticks for all I care. Until they believe in it too.

Agreed. Besides how do we know the corruption hasn't been run it's course in to get the masses to believe in the world religion and usher in the Antichrist and the false prophet? There are individual churches that I like but the churches ona whole are entirely too corrupted for me anyways. If Jesus was here he'd be kicking over the tables still.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GingerVicki on November 27, 2018, 01:37:44 PM
If there is a God why would the world be the way that it is? If there is a God he/she/it does not care about people. Maybe some but not most. Certainly not me. I've tried to live a good life and have been treated horribly by EVERYONE who mattered to me.

Why would I put faith is God when no prayers were ever answered, no help given, and not obviously no care given. I could go on and on but why bother.
Because it is about free will. We are being tested and made stronger.

The whole garbage about do this or you'll go to hell is simply people manipulating the truth. Simply love one another and treat people with respect and dignity and provide support to people in need.

I grew up being teased, got in fights constantly because I was different and didn't fit in. We are not in heaven right now. We make our own way and show our worth even in the face of stress and atrocity.

Think of life as boot camp.
  •  

Kylo

Maybe the "point" of life from a religious standpoint is to overcome and struggle. After all when human beings do not have struggle and strife they tend to become complacent and ungrateful. This point is made over and over in the Bible, god asks people to do x and they conveniently forget and the next thing you know you're having wild orgies for the Cow God. If history is anything to go by, we do seriously suck at retaining the lessons of our mistakes, we fail to pass them on and enforce them adequately in each new generation.

I don't believe in a moral god, but if I did, I would suggest this: it's not nearly enough to understand morality and follow the path of good if it's chosen for you. The whole arc of humanity in a Christian sense has been to regain its place at the side of god after blindly disobeying by learning exactly what evil is... and of our own volition, giving it up because we have learned how harmful it is. You can't truly learn the lesson and the value of good and doing right without the perspective of pain and knowing the harm evil causes. For god to just magic away all our problems would have us still ignorant of the lesson and ready to repeat it.

maybe think of our idea of god not as an actual reality up there in the sky, but a moral guide pointing the way out of a cage made of the evil that our unfettered instincts and desires can lead to. In which case, you have passed the test, learned the lesson, and struggle despite everything in your life to remain a moral and good person even while people around you act like animals. You are doing it right.   

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

AnneK

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Kylo on November 27, 2018, 07:49:49 PM
Maybe the "point" of life from a religious standpoint is to overcome and struggle. After all when human beings do not have struggle and strife they tend to become complacent and ungrateful. This point is made over and over in the Bible, god asks people to do x and they conveniently forget and the next thing you know you're having wild orgies for the Cow God. If history is anything to go by, we do seriously suck at retaining the lessons of our mistakes, we fail to pass them on and enforce them adequately in each new generation.

I don't believe in a moral god, but if I did, I would suggest this: it's not nearly enough to understand morality and follow the path of good if it's chosen for you. The whole arc of humanity in a Christian sense has been to regain its place at the side of god after blindly disobeying by learning exactly what evil is... and of our own volition, giving it up because we have learned how harmful it is. You can't truly learn the lesson and the value of good and doing right without the perspective of pain and knowing the harm evil causes. For god to just magic away all our problems would have us still ignorant of the lesson and ready to repeat it.

maybe think of our idea of god not as an actual reality up there in the sky, but a moral guide pointing the way out of a cage made of the evil that our unfettered instincts and desires can lead to. In which case, you have passed the test, learned the lesson, and struggle despite everything in your life to remain a moral and good person even while people around you act like animals. You are doing it right.

So awesomely put. The one thing I would add is literally we make the same mistakes each generation because we are not the same people running through this each time and we all have to make our way through and learn the lessons.

I really think most people reject the way simply because their only experience with it is going to church listening to a lecture, standing, sitting, kneeling, singing. Then putting it all away until next Sunday when they return to have their sins forgiven and buy peace of mind for another week of being horrible.

People confuse the church and the way it is now with and the actual life lessons.

•