Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Some stores targeting CDs discreeetly?

Started by FionaM, July 14, 2018, 01:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FionaM

I was talking with a friend the other day and mentioned DSW shoes had their logo in a rainbow the other day. Not the Pride colors, but a rainbow in Pride month. I wondered if they were saying "CDs/Twomen welcome!" without being explicit. I also said I liked the store, as they have a lot of nice heels in larger sizes (like 12 or 13), as opposed to a number of other stores that HAVE shoes, but they are mostly flats and low heels, for the tall girls who want to minimize it, I suppose.  These are you typical assortment of pumps, sandals etc. Not the lucite heeled platform sort, classic feminine styles - but instead of sizes 6-10, many may go to 12 or 13

My friend said "They know most of those size 12s are being sold to CDs and transwomen!"   Do you think that could be true? More than half? When they see an online order for size 12W pumps, do they assume K Smith is more likely Kevin than Karen? I mean, my money spends as well as my sister's, but I wondered how much of their sales is to Cds and transsexual women.  Opinions? (BTW, yes, the friend is a postop member here - she recommended this place. Thanks!) 
  •  

Virginia

I know quite a few cisgender women who wear 9's & 10's but have never met anyone who wears an 11+.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

HappyMoni

It's smart business to tap an untapped market. It is smart to keep it low key to avoid backlash.

I know a cis woman with a size 11, met her a month ago. I think it isn't that unheard of.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

FionaM

Quote from: Virginia on July 14, 2018, 08:34:07 AM
I know quite a few cisgender women who wear 9's & 10's but have never met anyone who wears an 11+.

I've known a few... but the shortest was about 5'9", where some women stop wearing heels to avoid being taller than their boyfriends..... (the size 12, well, her husband was 6'5", so she was safe)
  •