Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Now I’m Nicole

Started by Nicole70, July 07, 2018, 07:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Hi Nicole,

Congrats on your first voice therapy session. I have my first session on Friday. Good luck with the practice. I hope you are able to achieve a result you are happy with without needing surgery.

I'm so happy to hear things are better with your wife.

Ooh shopping!!!!! That is so much fun! I actually bought a new dress today. There are lots of styles out there to choose from. I'm sure you will find one that you like how it looks on you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 17, 2018, 03:14:46 AM
I had my first session with a voice therapist today, my normal speech range is 115Hz to 210Hz, I have some exercises I need to do to bring my range up over time, obviously my voice is mostly on the lower range at the moment, finger's crossed I can improve over time.

Things are much better between me and my wife, we went out to dinner on Friday night and had a good talk. [emoji4]

I bought a new top, and two new bras, and new perfume Chanel Chance Au Tendre, it took ages (weeks) to find something I like and did not give me a headache, the Chanel is pricey though and felt really guilty buying it.

I'm going shopping again later in the week, I need a few new clothes, the ones I'm wearing I've had for quite a while and worn them to death, nice problem to have, I also want to try on some dresses, I've not worn a dress yet and I'm quite excited about it [emoji156][emoji151][emoji164] [emoji16]

@Nicole70
Dear Nicole:
Well... this is such a happy report to read on your thread.

I am so glad that you started your voice therapy, it is one, but only one, of the most important things you can do in your transition.  Your voice can instantly cause passing failure or it can affirm you new woman identity as you speak.

OH, that is such good news that you and your wife are much better and that you had a good talk... communication is so important between you two as you continue on in your HRT journey....   a spouse of a transitioner can often be the biggest gauntlet to overcome ...  for obvious reason.

Ahhhh, new clothes, new perfume.... now all you need is a box of chocolates and your good day will be complete.
.... and yes, I am certain that you will like the feeling of wearing a dress, particularly if it fits properly in all of the right places.

Thanks for keeping your thread updated.... your followers are always looking for your postings...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Nicole70

Quick update

I had a fantastic shopping spree yesterday, suffered from a tummy bug in the afternoon and evening but had a great morning.

I started off by getting my ears pierced, woohoo! The sales were on, and I got my tax refund back so I was ready to shop[emoji3][emoji3].
I bought two tops, two dresses, and 4 pairs of shoes, yes I've gone from one pair of female shoes to 5 in one day [emoji151][emoji151][emoji3], I found a place that had a good range of size 11 and got them while I could.

I was not misgendered the entire day which was fantastic. Apart from a not being happy about my weight which is my own fault because I lost the plot over winter I'm feeling so happy to be myself as a woman right now. Pictures as proof below

•  

Jayne01

Nicole, that's awesome! What a great day, except for the bug in the afternoon and evening. Ears pierced, shopping spree.....you go girl!!!! And to top it all off, you were gendered correctly the e rite time. I'm so happy for you. You look very happy in the photos and I am seeing some female curves there too.

Are your ears sore at all from the piercing? I had mine done on Monday and apart from a slight burning sensation every now and then there has been no pain.

Hugs?
Jayne

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 21, 2018, 10:36:36 PM
Quick update

I had a fantastic shopping spree yesterday, suffered from a tummy bug in the afternoon and evening but had a great morning.

I started off by getting my ears pierced, woohoo! The sales were on, and I got my tax refund back so I was ready to shop[emoji3][emoji3].
I bought two tops, two dresses, and 4 pairs of shoes, yes I've gone from one pair of female shoes to 5 in one day [emoji151][emoji151][emoji3], I found a place that had a good range of size 11 and got them while I could.

I was not misgendered the entire day which was fantastic. Apart from a not being happy about my weight which is my own fault because I lost the plot over winter I'm feeling so happy to be myself as a woman right now. Pictures as proof below

•  

Nicole70

Quote from: Jayne01 on September 22, 2018, 01:07:21 AM

Are your ears sore at all from the piercing? I had mine done on Monday and apart from a slight burning sensation every now and then there has been no pain.

My ears aren't sore, I was surprised how painless it was, i imagined much worse, I can feel that they are tender-ish to touch, so I avoid fiddling mostly because I don't want to get them infected.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 21, 2018, 10:36:36 PM
Quick update

You look great in that dress and girl needs shoes...in my previous incarnation I had 4 pairs including my motorcycle boots...a quick count this morning and I have 14 opps didn't count the two by the front door...so now I have a couple more than I used too...you can never have too many shoes...its like trying to say you can have too many dresses or earrings...

Curves my girl....think Curves  LOL I understand what you mean but I am sure you will get back on top of it.

Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Nicole70

I'm waiting to board my plane to Sydney, I have a conference to go to and to make a presentation at tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, none of the fellow attendees have seen me as Nicole yet, I told them at last years conference that I would be transitioning and on a whole they were supportive so that makes me feel better. This time tomorrow my part will be all done so I'll be able to sit back and relax for the next three days.

I'm more looking forward to meeting our own @Jayne01 on Friday [emoji3]

Getting the boarding call now

Nicole
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 25, 2018, 02:30:23 AM
I'm waiting to board my plane to Sydney, I have a conference to go to and to make a presentation at tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, none of the fellow attendees have seen me as Nicole yet, I told them at last years conference that I would be transitioning and on a whole they were supportive so that makes me feel better. This time tomorrow my part will be all done so I'll be able to sit back and relax for the next three days.

I'm more looking forward to meeting our own @Jayne01 on Friday [emoji3]

Getting the boarding call now

Nicole

@Nicole70
Dear Nicole:
This is exciting news....   
... and meeting @Jayne01 would be be a priority on my list if I were going to Sydney again.

Be strong, be brave, be confident, and proudly be yourself as Nicole....    this is obviously very exciting and a little frightening as well, not everyone that you see again will be able to come up with the proper words to greet you and to discuss your new appearance with you.

I will be looking for your updates when you have time to post them.
Hugs and well wishes.... and have safe travels.
Danielle

•  

Nicole70

Conference Update

I haven't had any negative responses from attendees, a few have misgendered me ... ugh! But they have corrected themselves pretty quickly, those that didn't I told them "that's one" implying there's a limit to how many times I'm going to take that, they have apologised and have corrected themselves since.

There was a delay in giving my presentation, some presenters ran over and because I'm on the committee I had to graciously get moved. I presented this morning, I was pretty nervous at the start but once I got into it it went well, and the attendees gave some really good feedback at the end so Phew! All done now I can relax.

I wore a skirt and blouse this morning, it's the first time I have been out in public in a skirt (photo from my hotel room this morning) and another photo from my seat in the conference. I decided to test the waters with a skirt this morning because tonight at the annual dinner at a restaurant on Darling Harbour in Sydney I shall be wearing a dress, another first for me, I'm very nervous about that.

Nicole
  •  

Laurie

You are doing well Nicole. Skirts and dresses are cool. I am sure you rocked the skirt and will rock the dress also.
You go Girl!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 26, 2018, 09:12:04 PM
Conference Update

I haven't had any negative responses from attendees, a few have misgendered me ... ugh! But they have corrected themselves pretty quickly, those that didn't I told them "that's one" implying there's a limit to how many times I'm going to take that, they have apologised and have corrected themselves since.

There was a delay in giving my presentation, some presenters ran over and because I'm on the committee I had to graciously get moved. I presented this morning, I was pretty nervous at the start but once I got into it it went well, and the attendees gave some really good feedback at the end so Phew! All done now I can relax.

I wore a skirt and blouse this morning, it's the first time I have been out in public in a skirt (photo from my hotel room this morning) and another photo from my seat in the conference. I decided to test the waters with a skirt this morning because tonight at the annual dinner at a restaurant on Darling Harbour in Sydney I shall be wearing a dress, another first for me, I'm very nervous about that.

Nicole

How did you enjoy the skirt? You looked great and the colours suit you... I am getting really sick of my jeans but since losing weight my skirts fall to the ground with the exception of one. I can feel a shopping expedition coming on LOL

How did the rest of the conference go? I hope your evening out went well...and a if this is your first time out in a dress...its unlikely you will forget the pleasure...enjoy!!

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Nicole70

Conference update and Jayne,

I attended the annual dinner last night in a dress which I was very nervous about before going out, it was well received. The dinner was enjoyable and what really made me happy was everyone used correct pronouns and called be Nicole instead of Nick as they had done at the start, even the waiters used ma'am.

On the way home I got a call from a long time friend who I thought maybe would struggle gendering me correctly, he greeted me by saying Hi Nicole (he was on the train home with someone else and a three way conversation was going on) he wanted to know whether I had sent an email to him with some information he needed, as he spoke he was relaying what I was saying and said to the third party "she said she'll send it through when she gets back to the hotel", well I was floating on air all the rest of the way back, it felt wonderful.

Today I met up with @Jayne01, Jayne is a lovely lady, feminine, and has good style. We had coffee and a salad in a bookshop cafe in the centre of Sydney, it was very enjoyable, had a good chat and the time flew by. Then we went for a wonder around a few shops, Sydney has many shops we just don't get in Adelaide (sigh).

Nicole
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 28, 2018, 06:36:41 AM
Conference update and Jayne,

I attended the annual dinner last night in a dress which I was very nervous about before going out, it was well received. The dinner was enjoyable and what really made me happy was everyone used correct pronouns and called be Nicole instead of Nick as they had done at the start, even the waiters used ma'am.

On the way home I got a call from a long time friend who I thought maybe would struggle gendering me correctly, he greeted me by saying Hi Nicole (he was on the train home with someone else and a three way conversation was going on) he wanted to know whether I had sent an email to him with some information he needed, as he spoke he was relaying what I was saying and said to the third party "she said she'll send it through when she gets back to the hotel", well I was floating on air all the rest of the way back, it felt wonderful.

Today I met up with @Jayne01, Jayne is a lovely lady, feminine, and has good style. We had coffee and a salad in a bookshop cafe in the centre of Sydney, it was very enjoyable, had a good chat and the time flew by. Then we went for a wonder around a few shops, Sydney has many shops we just don't get in Adelaide (sigh).

Nicole

@Nicole70
Dear Nicole:
Wow, I am so  envious of you, you look wonderful and it sounds like you have a great time at your conference and annual dinner.... and you in your dress and getting correctly addressed with the proper pronouns and name....  I am so very happy for you.

Wow.... you also were able to meet up with the lovely and beautiful @Jayne01 while in Sydney during your conference trip.    That must have been very exciting for you, I am certain that @Jayne01 felt the same way about meeting you.   These kinds of things are so affirming ..... also meeting with and getting to know our other members that we communicate with here on the forums.

The photo that you posted of you and Jayne is a treat for me to see....  you both appear to be lovely women and so happy too.   Thank you for sharing that.

Wishing you well as always, and again thanks for your posting on your thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Nicole70

OMFG!!

Rant coming...

I went to checkout this morning, the man at reception said good morning sir, so I corrected him with 'No it's ma'am', so he say's yes sir, I let that slide so he then says did you have a good stay sir, so I said 'No it's ma'am', he said nothing then after tapping his keyboard completed his bit and said all done thank you for staying with us sir, at which point I snapped.

I asked him weather I looked like I was dressed like a man? Maybe he may think I looked like a man but I assured him I was most certainly not, and told him to look at the name on-screen, and was he not getting that I had already corrected him twice. He apologised but I think that was because his female colleague next to him was staring at him mouth wide open.

Ugh!
  •  

KathyLauren

Nicole, I am happy to hear that your presentation went well.  And especially happy to see the photo of you and Jayne together!

So sorry about the idiot at the hotel.  Once is accidental.  Twice is laziness.  Three times is intentional.  You would have been entirely justified to ask to speak to the manager.  Someone that clueless (benefit of the doubt) or hostile (more likely) has no business being employed where he has contact with the public.  It sounds like you handled it well.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Nicole70 on September 28, 2018, 05:50:48 PM
OMFG!!

Rant coming...

I went to checkout this morning, the man at reception said good morning sir, so I corrected him with 'No it's ma'am', so he say's yes sir, I let that slide so he then says did you have a good stay sir, so I said 'No it's ma'am', he said nothing then after tapping his keyboard completed his bit and said all done thank you for staying with us sir, at which point I snapped.

I asked him weather I looked like I was dressed like a man? Maybe he may think I looked like a man but I assured him I was most certainly not, and told him to look at the name on-screen, and was he not getting that I had already corrected him twice. He apologised but I think that was because his female colleague next to him was staring at him mouth wide open.

Ugh!
Nicole, so sorry about the clueless reception staff. I had almost the exact same experience a few weeks ago at a hotel my wife and I stayed at. It's like their brain is on autopilot and they say their pre learned speech without listening to what you tell them. I'm sure you could have told them you were a zebra and their response would have been to what you got. It's worth h writing to their management saying what happened. From your description and from what happened to me, I don't think there would have been any deliberate malice involved, just plain cluelessness and not listening to what their customers are saying. They obviously need more or better training.

Aside from the poor check out experience, I'm glad your conference went well. I really enjoyed meeting you over lunch with a nice talk and some window shopping. Next time our credit cards won't be so fat and we will get to buy some of those nice shoes! [emoji2][emoji151]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Nicole70

Thanks everyone for your support, sorry I haven't replied sooner, after almost a week away from my family it was nice to return home and spend time with them. We had a long weekend, Monday was a public holiday which helped to make up for time away.

It was a good week in Sydney, full of firsts for me, which turned out to be a positive experience, and helped me realise I got this! At my age I've always been aware that I'm unlikely to pass 100%, and my goal has always been to live as a woman as my authentic self, I am managing to do that despite the misgendering incident at the hotel checkout the rest of the trip was awesome, being called ma'am etc felt amazing.[emoji16][emoji16] The highlight was also meeting Jayne and spending some girl time [emoji156][emoji151], I hope she feels better soon, I totally understand her situation, and is something I had recently gone through, many hugs Jayne.

I have documented here how I struggle with my weight, well enough is enough, I'm back on my strict diet and and exercise, while I'm too embarrassed to post my starting weight I'm determined to post each week my progress, I have my first appointment with Dr Ives in December and I'm determined to be the best weight I can for that day.

Thank you to all those that follow my thread and offer advice - it helps keep me sane, this journey has its ups and downs, the positive feedback I have received has definitely helped [emoji254].

Nicole
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Nicole70
Dear Nicole:
All of us, every one of us, here on the forums from time to time needs and appreciates support from our like-minded forums friends.   
We are all in this journey together and when one of us stumbles and things are not going well, there is an amazing ground swell of support that comes to hold them up... we all share in this. 

I have received much needed support and have had my times of need and really appreciated the support I received.
This is such a wonderful and friendly place chock full of like-minded people that can easily understand the issues that we are dealing with.

Please continue keeping your thread updated, your curious followers need to know!!!
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on October 01, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your support, sorry I haven't replied sooner, after almost a week away from my family it was nice to return home and spend time with them. We had a long weekend, Monday was a public holiday which helped to make up for time away.

It was a good week in Sydney, full of firsts for me, which turned out to be a positive experience, and helped me realise I got this! At my age I've always been aware that I'm unlikely to pass 100%, and my goal has always been to live as a woman as my authentic self, I am managing to do that despite the misgendering incident at the hotel checkout the rest of the trip was awesome, being called ma'am etc felt amazing.[emoji16][emoji16] The highlight was also meeting Jayne and spending some girl time [emoji156][emoji151], I hope she feels better soon, I totally understand her situation, and is something I had recently gone through, many hugs Jayne.

I have documented here how I struggle with my weight, well enough is enough, I'm back on my strict diet and and exercise, while I'm too embarrassed to post my starting weight I'm determined to post each week my progress, I have my first appointment with Dr Ives in December and I'm determined to be the best weight I can for that day.

Thank you to all those that follow my thread and offer advice - it helps keep me sane, this journey has its ups and downs, the positive feedback I have received has definitely helped [emoji254].

Nicole

Hi Nicole

I don't get why anyone in a service industry would CHOOSE to be that rude....I have been tied up with a few things myself over the last week so have only just caught up with your week. Would love to hear a bit more about it... ;) I hope you are feeling better and recharged after a weekend with the family...mine always cheers me up  :)

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Nicole,

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Sydney, except for the misgendering incident. I thought that you "pass" very well. You looked, acted and sounded feminine to me. You certainly have got this girl!! It was a highlight for me too to meet you and spending some girl time. I am feeling much better. Thank you for your kind thoughts and messages.

Also good that the long weekend helped make up for some of the time away from your family.

Taking care of your health is great! I like how you have set yourself a goal for when you see the Dr. it gives you something to strive for. Posting your weekly progress here could be a good motivator also. You will have all of us to cheer you along to make sure you reach your goal.

Wooohooooo!!!! Go Nicole!!!! You go girl!!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •