Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Death By Grief

Started by Nero, December 27, 2007, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

I will preface this by saying that I have a grandparent and another relative whom it is suspected died of grief. So I ask that all comments be respectful of that.

I'm not talking suicide. I'm talking the body just stops - from heart attack or what have you.

Do you believe grief can lead to death?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Christo

dunno exactly but think so :( :( :(  poeple dont wanna do anything. they dont want anybody w/them.  they dont wanna talk to anybody. they dont wanna eat.  they dont want talk, they dont want company. they dont care about nothing anymore. they dont even wanna cry. they give up. :( :( :(
  •  

RebeccaFog

I guess so, but I would think it takes a seriously long time.  It probably exacerbates certain types of health issues like asthma or likelihood of a stroke.

Just guessing.
  •  

Ell

well, i guess it's possible, but i think grief is more of a process that one has to go through. when it's time to to grieve, you should allow yourself to grieve, otherwise you really could have problems.
  •  

lisagurl

What is it like to grieve?
  •  

Ell

Quote from: lisagurl on December 28, 2007, 07:55:45 PM

sounds like a trick question, but i'll bite. it's like missing someone terribly and not being able to do anything about it. crying for them, remembering things they said, things you did together. remembering your whole life when they were in it. depending on how long you've known a person, that can be a long process.
  •  

Pica Pica

like being a polo. sort of empty and wrong in the middle. Like feeling sick and hungry. Feeling weak and dizzy. Eyes burning, head aching. Constant draughty gnawing emptiness.

I reckon you can die of it, just give up and go.
  •  

IsabelleStPierre

Hum...

I think that it's completely possible to die from grief. The mind is an amazing thing and can cause the body to do all sorts of things what we are not even aware of...so in my opinion it's possible.

Peace and love,
Isabelle St-Pierre
  •  

Nero

Quote from: lisagurl on December 28, 2007, 07:55:45 PM

Honestly? Like a wounded animal dying. It's primitive.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: ell on December 28, 2007, 07:54:43 PM

well, i guess it's possible, but i think grief is more of a process that one has to go through. when it's time to to grieve, you should allow yourself to grieve, otherwise you really could have problems.
such as death
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Nero on December 27, 2007, 10:38:10 PM
I will preface this by saying that I have a grandparent and another relative whom it is suspected died of grief. So I ask that all comments be respectful of that.

I'm not talking suicide. I'm talking the body just stops - from heart attack or what have you.

Yes.  I came close to it.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

SusanK

Quote from: Nero on December 27, 2007, 10:38:10 PM

Yes, studies have found that older (60+) people in long (30+ years) marriages usually die within 2 years of each other, and often within a year, even with a strong family and support system. And I believe that some people just give up, and die from simply being tired. My Dad died two days after his 75th birthday, his final goal in life. My brother gave up waiting for a heart-lung (both) transplant, came home one day, sat down on the couch and died from a heart attack.

Just my thoughts. We are all fragile beings and sometimes it's hard to stay alive than not.

--Susan--
  •  

IsabelleStPierre

Quote from: SusanK on December 29, 2007, 06:47:48 PM
Yes, studies have found that older (60+) people in long (30+ years) marriages usually die within 2 years of each other, and often within a year, even with a strong family and support system. And I believe that some people just give up, and die from simply being tired. My Dad died two days after his 75th birthday, his final goal in life. My brother gave up waiting for a heart-lung (both) transplant, came home one day, sat down on the couch and died from a heart attack.

Just my thoughts. We are all fragile beings and sometimes it's hard to stay alive than not.

--Susan--

Actually back in the late 1800s when the surviving partner of a long time marriage died rather close to the first...it wasn't uncommon for the doctor to rule the cause of death as 'Heart break'...and this was before they knew about heart attacks....

Peace and love,
Isabelle St-Pierre
  •