Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

FtM transition in Berlin

Started by Lurak, July 16, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurak

Hi, I'm living in Berlin and I feel ready to start my transition. I Looking for information online but I haven't had much success  :( :( can someone please help me?

Where should I start? Who is the best psychologist in Berlin that speaks English?

Hope to get your help
Thank you.
  •  

Corax

I'm not in Berlin specifically but in Germany so I can't name you a competent therapist in Berlin but in case you have other questions concerning the legal and medical transition in Germany or questions about surgeons and surgeries here I can offer some advice and insight so if you have any such questions as well feel free to PM me.
  •  

Palo

Hi, I do not know if you are still interested in finding a psychologist / endocrinologist in Berlin, but I made my transition here and I share with you the contact of the professionals who helped me. If you still need it or just want to have a beer let me know.  :)
  •  

V M

Hi Palo  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Palo on December 28, 2018, 05:18:33 PM
Hi, I do not know if you are still interested in finding a psychologist / endocrinologist in Berlin, but I made my transition here and I share with you the contact of the professionals who helped me. If you still need it or just want to have a beer let me know.  :)
I hope you do not invite this poor soul to a Berliner Weisse (no matter what Schuss you put into the stuff)
Bist du Deutsche?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Holden

Hey there! I started my transition in Berlin as well and I'm an American. Go to Dr. Sieglinde Bast to get your psychological evaluation out of the way. She doesn't really ask questions, all you have to do is give her a full written account of your feelings and why you want to transition, and she'll send you the confirmation so that you can get testosterone.

Meike Mentzel is also a very good English speaking therapist who can give you this as well if you want to work with her long term, but if you just want the piece of paper, go to Dr. Bast.

The best doctor in town for to get your hormones checked and given is Dr. Christoph Schuler who works at Praxis-Turmstraße in Moabit. He's incredible and very sympathetic. He deals with a lot of trans* people. It helps if you speak some German, but if not it's still ok. Try to find a friend to go with you if you don't speak German.

If you want a more extensive list of doctors and practices, go to TransInterQueer (TRIQ) and they can help you.
  •  

sarah1972

What's wrong with Berliner Weisse? (Yeah, I know... everything is wrong with it)  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Dietlind on December 28, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
Quote from: Palo on December 28, 2018, 05:18:33 PM
I hope you do not invite this poor soul to a Berliner Weisse (no matter what Schuss you put into the stuff)
Bist du Deutsche?

•  

Linde

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 07, 2019, 09:27:40 AM
What's wrong with Berliner Weisse? (Yeah, I know... everything is wrong with it)  ;D ;D ;D
Bist du Deutsche?
You got it sister, you really got it!  >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Holden

Quote from: Dietlind on December 28, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
Bist du Deutsche?
Hahahahaha, ja genau auch meiner Meinung. XD Mit Schuss ist noch schlechter, finde ich.
  •