Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I think I will heat some of the chili I froze this week to see how it tastes after being warmed up.

It was great when freshly cooked.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MollyPants

We had puy lentils and sausages with a tiramisu for pudding

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Maddie86

I had watermelon for dinner, and since Halloween is 3 months from today...

•  

ChrissyRyan

I had a nice cowboy (bone-in) ribeye steak and some watermelon.

Chili does indeed freeze well, and it tasted good reheated last night.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Roll

Grilled romaine salad w/ grilled chicken marinated in a three herb vinaigrette and sriracha mixture with Caesar dressing. On the side, grilled zucchini seasoned with smoked paprika.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Roll on July 31, 2018, 09:51:07 PM
Grilled romaine salad w/ grilled chicken marinated in a three herb vinaigrette and sriracha mixture with Caesar dressing. On the side, grilled zucchini seasoned with smoked paprika.

I have made a note to try this.  Thanks for the idea Ellie.

Chrissy
  •  

Maid Marion

Live steamer clams in the double boiler for 4 minutes with a little bit of Irish butter.
Fresh corn on the cob in the microwave.
  •  

Julia1996

I made potato salad and baked beans and I made up a bunch of burger patties. Tonight Tristan wants to do hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Or as he calls it "the Barbie". 
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Steamed Vegetable plate.  Cauliflower, broccoli, and asparagus. 

Not exciting, but good eating it was.
  •  

V M

I think I'll eat the spaghetti That I neglected to eat last night
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

I've been super broke the last few days, but I think I'm getting paid tomorrow, so I had to eat cheap tonight... Chef Boyardee Lasagna. If you put onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and some parm in it though it's not half bad! I even snuck in a little sugar lol. oh and crushed red pepper!
  •  

Maid Marion

Baked chicken wings and drumsticks! Half off this week and this supermarket leaves a lot of meat on the bones.
I salted the wings two days ago.  Today I coated the chicken with seasoned flour.  Baked for 30 minutes at 350.  Then basted both sides with BBQ sauce (soy/cane sugar based) and baked for another ten minutes.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Roll

This was last night but was a huge success so wanted to mention!

Creamy Cajun lobster-cheese sauce over pasta with shrimp.

Was looking for something to eat and was missing a lot of ingredients so I figured out what I could do with what I had: bag of shredded whole milk mozzarella, half pound shrimp, lobster base, and some nest noodles. Cooked the pasta real quick to about 90% doneness. Then took last bit of some earth balance and some flour, made a roux and added in some of the startchy water from pasta plus some of the lobster base. Made a rich, orange paste. Added the shrimp and some garlic and coasted them really well and cooked them for a minute. Added a bit more of the pasta water and returned to boil, then slowly melted the mozzarella into it, creating a creamy orange cheese sauce despite it being pure white cheese. Added in the pasta and got everything coated really well, added some dried custom herb mixture (thyme, mint, thai basil, genovese basil, parsely) i have been building up trimming back garden, and some generic Cajun seasoning plus some extra ceyenne. Pepper, no salt (the lobster base is super salty), and let it all thicken up a bit, served topped with parm. Was delicious and spur of the moment with no planning.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Devlyn

Stouffer's mac and cheese in the microwave. I'm a lazyhead tonight.  :laugh:
  •  

Julia1996

Tonight I made sauerbraten with potato dumplings.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Tonight I cooked a porterhouse steak.  Also had fresh tomatoes and melons.

•  

V M

Last night I made chicken provolone with mushrooms and onions - Cheesy mash with crumbled bacon - sliced green beans with mushrooms cheese and crumbled bacon

I think I'll make a French dip sandwich with something tonight
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Devlyn on August 08, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
Stouffer's mac and cheese in the microwave. I'm a lazyhead tonight.  :laugh:

Stouffers is the best mac and cheese in the world and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

Went to a place that opened a few months ago here that specializes in insanely spicy chicken. It is so, so, so, sooooooooooooooooo good. First went a few weeks ago and I've been back 5 times already. The owner/chef sat down with me and my step brother and talked to us for a while, showed us what he uses for the seasoning and everything(50/50 Ghost Pepper and Cayenne). Offered us free icecream cookie sandwiches for finishing the chicken. ;D I didn't take him up on it for calorie reasons, but my step brother said it was amazing (homemade apparently there). Their sides are also amazing. I had flash fried Brussels sprouts with honey and the best tater tots in the history of tater tots. I have no idea what they do to them, but they are incredible. My lips were giant and pink from the spice, I'm thinking about getting ghost pepper just to put on my lips each morning for some awesome plumpness. ;D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•