Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 3.0

Started by V M, July 19, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: Katie Jade on August 24, 2018, 04:02:17 PM
Fillet steak (Aldi) with Quartered courgettes, Diced small onion and 6 large brown cap mushrooms all sautéed in a teaspoon of butter with a teaspoon of garlic salt and 3 chopped garlic cloves. English Mustard (not the American yellow stuff..) Glass red wine and one scoop of vanilla pod ice cream for afters. Need to sleep soon now I think. Or maybe a second glass..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:P :P :P :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Yellow mustard is made for children, when you grow up you eat the real stuff.  :)
  •  

Devlyn

I'm having pasta carbonara. Or it's having me!  :D I feel like a blimp!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Devlyn on August 24, 2018, 06:44:39 PM
Yellow mustard is made for children, when you grow up you eat the real stuff.  :)

Sorta like soccer.

"You play it until you're  eight...then you never play it again."
                                                                                       Jim Rome
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 24, 2018, 06:26:38 PM
How does English mustard differ from normal mustard?

Ah there are so many different mustards, but the mustard that's best is the one you enjoy

I like different types of mustard depending on what I am eating, For fries and such I like plain old American French's mustard, for main dishes I may go for a horseradish or honey mustard depending on my mood and taste at the time

I don't care where it's made, I'll leave that to the poms - I'll get what tastes good to me and up theirs if anyone turns their nose up to it

It's not like anyone is enhancing my life with any of their braggerting or bigotry
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn on August 24, 2018, 06:49:55 PM
Sorta like soccer.

"You play it until you're  eight...then you never play it again."
                                                                                       Jim Rome
[emoji50]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Katie Jade

I agree, and I was just differentiating variations on the theme of yellow mustard as subsequent posts have highlighted as well. But its not like soccer, as I suppose after you grow up you play football..... (waiting for comments)..

Bought more courgettes for dinner tonight or tomorrow. Any ideas on what to cook using 2 aubergines as I bought them as well today - its cooking for one though mind..?

luv n Hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Donica

I don't mind being a child  ;D. I have never liked horseradish in anything. It's just too hot for me. Brown mustard in ok but I prefer good old-fashioned American French's mustard.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Donica on August 25, 2018, 08:03:44 AM
I don't mind being a child  ;D. I have never liked horseradish in anything. It's just too hot for me. Brown mustard in ok but I prefer good old-fashioned American French's mustard.

Hugs,
Donica.

I like plain old yellow mustard too as does everyone else at my house. I did try buying some gourmet stone ground mustard once. I didn't really care much for it. And Tyler who is Mr. Food OCD asked why the mustard was all grainy and crunchy and said it was nasty. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

HA!!! Who doesn't love a food fight? Let's put on bikinis, grab our favorite mustards and go to war

May the Best Mustard WIN!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Donica

Quote from: V M on August 25, 2018, 12:20:53 PM
HA!!! Who doesn't love a food fight? Let's put on bikinis, grab our favorite mustards and go to war

I got my one piece on. With mustard in hand, I'm ready to war  >:-).
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Having a nice pan fried Chuck Eye steak (see if your grocer or meat market carries it.  Chuck Eye is lower cost than the delicious Ribeye cut, and is boneless and very tender.) 

Yum.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

A food fight sounds fun, though I would want to do it outside because if it happened inside I would get stuck cleaning up the mess. I have to wonder how Tristan and Tyler would react if I threw food on them. No doubt it would shock the crap out of them. Lol. As for throwing food on my dad, well some things I just know better than to do. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 25, 2018, 03:19:38 PM
A food fight sounds fun, though I would want to do it outside because if it happened inside I would get stuck cleaning up the mess. I have to wonder how Tristan and Tyler would react if I threw food on them. No doubt it would shock the crap out of them. Lol. As for throwing food on my dad, well some things I just know better than to do. Lol

Oh I agree Julia! He has a gun  ;).
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Donica on August 24, 2018, 11:41:02 AM
Thanks Chrissy! That's a good idea. I still have a few packages of Ramen noodle left. I'll try that. I also got a nice idea from my Electrolysis for grilling vegetables. I usually steam them when I make rice.

Hugs,
Donica.

You are welcome!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Okay, who can cut the mustard here in a food fight?   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 25, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
Okay, who can cut the mustard here in a food fight?   :)

Chrissy

Ding ding ding! You win teh interwebz!
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Donica on August 25, 2018, 03:24:11 PM
Oh I agree Julia! He has a gun  ;).

Yeah plus I've thrown enough food on him. He once told me when I was little when he fed me he had to make sure to keep the food out of my reach or I would get a handful of whatever it was and fling it on him. Too bad I was to young to remember that. It sounds hilarious. 😂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

I don't know, those squeeze bottles of mustard don't seem like they would have much range. I wonder if mustard is too thick to fire from a super soaker.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Not squirting my Honey Dijon on anyone.  Gladly waste the dollar store yellow though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•