Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Road Trip 3.0 beta (Michelle & Laurie)

Started by Laurie, August 01, 2018, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Humm!  Our purpose in the universe? Could it be possible that this very same thing is happening somewhere else in the universe?  :o
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks, Laurie here.

Michelle and I are once again on the road.
  As anyone might imagine,  we have had a delightful time with our lovely hostesses at Tia and Debi's home for wayward waifs. We were requested to prepare some small edibles for their reception so while I distracted the happy couple one afternoon,  Michelle was given the keys to the kitchen to work her magic. It was best this way. Had I tried to help her I  am sure her creations would not have come out half as good as they did.
  I did get my turn in the kitchen though to rustle up some simple grub for everyone consisting of bread, sausage, cheese, and a few vegetables.
  During our time here we were given ample opportunity to exercise our culinary skills as well as sampling the wares of several good restaurants in the area. Somehow we managed to attend Tia and Debi's vow reaffirmation ceremony, reception, meet new people, spend time with stars in the House of Pleiades, and spend some more time with Debi and Tia.
   I even was able to have an old, old high school and life long friend come to Loveland to meet Tia, Michelle,  and Laurie for the first time. John had been told of Laurie's emergence into the light of day several months ago and had indicated that there would not be an issue with her. Such is our long time friendship I knew that it would be as he said and there was no problem.
  It was after this visit, that we determined it was once again time to hit the road. So with tearful goodbyes, we did just that. Michelle and I want to thank  these two beautiful sisters for opening their home and hearts to us.

Hugs,
  Michelle & Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Anne Blake

Laurie & Michelle, those tears of parting were all around and we did use lots of tissues. Thank you for all of the help but so much more for being the loving sisters that you are. You know that the door is always open for the two of you!

Tia Anne & Debi
  •  

anne_indy

Thank you to all 4 of you, Laurie & Michelle, Tia & Debi for the opportunity to spend time with you all for a very quick visit. It was a treat to meet Laurie and Michelle for the first time. And the food is for real. Laurie and Michelle cook a mean meal. I need to emerge from the hinterlands more often.

Brook / Anne

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Debi

[
quote author=Laurie link=topic=239765.msg2166054#msg2166054 date=1534546075]
Hi folks, Laurie here.

Michelle and I are once again on the road.
  As anyone might imagine,  we have had a delightful time with our lovely hostesses at Tia and Debi's home for wayward waifs. We were requested to prepare some small edibles for their reception so while I distracted the happy couple one afternoon,  Michelle was given the keys to the kitchen to work her magic. It was best this way. Had I tried to help her I  am sure her creations would not have come out half as good as they did.
  I did get my turn in the kitchen though to rustle up some simple grub for everyone consisting of bread, sausage, cheese, and a few vegetables.
  During our time here we were given ample opportunity to exercise our culinary skills as well as sampling the wares of several good restaurants in the area. Somehow we managed to attend Tia and Debi's vow reaffirmation ceremony, reception, meet new people, spend time with stars in the House of Pleiades, and spend some more time with Debi and Tia.
   I even was able to have an old, old high school and life long friend come to Loveland to meet Tia, Michelle,  and Laurie for the first time. John had been told of Laurie's emergence into the light of day several months ago and had indicated that there would not be an issue with her. Such is our long time friendship I knew that it would be as he said and there was no problem.
  It was after this visit, that we determined it was once again time to hit the road. So with tearful goodbyes, we did just that. Michelle and I want to thank  these two beautiful sisters for opening their home and hearts to us.

Hugs,
  Michelle & Laurie

[/quote]     
Thank you again for the lovely visit and all the time you shared with us. Today the house has felt empty. We miss you!
Deb
  •  

Julie -2010

Laurie & Michelle,

It was very nice meeting you and being able to spend some time with both of you.  I hope you enjoyed Colorado and it sounds like you had a great time with Tia and Debi even after the wedding weekend.  Have a great road trip back home.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

SadieBlake

[Reading back over your map]

I see you two went through Lee Vining!! Hope y'all stopped for a meal at the Mobile station & legendary attached restaurant the whao Nellie deli.

You've covered some great miles this trip, do i understand the Prius is in use, not Laurie's truck!!? Also when is this trip available in GA? Do you need beta testers?

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julie -2010 on August 18, 2018, 11:55:12 PM
Laurie & Michelle,

It was very nice meeting you and being able to spend some time with both of you.  I hope you enjoyed Colorado and it sounds like you had a great time with Tia and Debi even after the wedding weekend.  Have a great road trip back home.

Julie
Julie, it was our pleasure meeting and spending time with you. It gives me such joy to meet girls like myself. These meetings have always wind up being new friends  I hope the same is true for you.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: SadieBlake on August 19, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
[Reading back over your map]

I see you two went through Lee Vining!! Hope y'all stopped for a meal at the Mobile station & legendary attached restaurant the whao Nellie deli.

You've covered some great miles this trip, do i understand the Prius is in use, not Laurie's truck!!? Also when is this trip available in GA? Do you need beta testers?
Alas Sadie we did not stop in Lee Veining. It was so smoky from the fires that we could not even see Mono lake at times though we were driving beside it.
   Your last few lines left me confused  so I need you to enlighten me about them. We do not think it has anything to do with Georgia.

Hugs,
  Michelle & Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

This morning (almost noon) we left Susan and Jessica's place heading somewhere. Our stay with them was a delightful 2 nights. The first night we went to dinner at a favorite restaurant of theirs called Cheddars. I again had the blackened catfish and Michelle ate an Asian salad. Both were good.
  In the morning Michelle and I tag teamed a breakfast of cheesy  scrambled eggs with a little bell pepper and onion and a mix of pork chorizo, green and yellow bell peppers, onion, and pico de gallo. All wrapped up in toasted flour tortillas. For a fruit side We made apple slices fried in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It seemed well received by our hostesses.
  That evening we met RandyL at Biaggi's for a very nice dinner but not as good as the company we were part of. Michelle had butternut squash ravioli with smoked chicken and minestrone soup.  I had minestrone soup also and black fettuccine with wild mushrooms and lobster in a lobster cream sauce.  It was delicious. Michelle said hers was also. We split a bombolini for dessert. It also was delicious and my blood sugar reading thanked me for it this morning.
  This morning after a simple breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries and leftover breakfast items from the yesterday repurposed into burritos,  we cleaned up, then packed up, said our goodbyes to our gracious hostesses, and once again hit the road.
  Now for you curious folks let me drop some names of places we've been today. Yoder, Co. Rush, Co. Punkin Center, Co. Kit Carson, Co. Cheyenne Wells, Co. Sheridan lake, Co. Tribune, K's. Syracuse,K's. Garden Center, Ks. Cimarron,Ks. And Dodge City, Ks.

A few pictures for your enjoyment.

•  

Anne Blake

Laurie, the two of you are doing some great traveling but I think that you are letting Michelle do the navigating; none of your photos showed any dirt roads! Come on girl, I know that you can find at least one to traverse before you head back west again.

Safe travels to our wandering waifs,
Tia Anne
  •  

Mariah

Sounds like the two of you are really enjoying your road trip. Always know the door is always open here. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 19, 2018, 08:01:19 PM
Laurie, the two of you are doing some great traveling but I think that you are letting Michelle do the navigating; none of your photos showed any dirt roads! Come on girl, I know that you can find at least one to traverse before you head back west again.

Safe travels to our wandering waifs,
Tia Anne
My dear Tia Anne,

The problem is not in the finding the dirt roads. I found at least a hundred of them  and pointed them out to Michelle. The problem is that she had control of the steering wheel. I am sure the Prius could make it through on them. Even the wet ones looked okay to travel on. After all if those big tractors can use them surely her Prius can. Right?
  We are current holed up in Gunsmoke on the edge of Dodge City with the wagons circled up. The wind has kicked up a bit making our wagon creak but so far the canvas is holding.
  Tomorrow we will push on in an easterly direction in search oh another place to rest our weary heads. Perhaps we will meander towards the north since we spent the day moseying toward the south. Regardless if it be north or south we still will be trending eastward.

Hugs,
  Michelle & Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Laurie,

We will be heading out in a generally east north easterly direction, perhaps we can meet up along the eastern Canadian seaboard at the end of the week. Are the two of you up for it? Oh, sorry, probably too much planning involved.

Tia Anne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 19, 2018, 07:45:35 PM
Hi folks,

This morning (almost noon) we left Susan and Jessica's place heading somewhere. Our stay with them was a delightful 2 nights. The first night we went to dinner at a favorite restaurant of theirs called Cheddars. I again had the blackened catfish and Michelle ate an Asian salad. Both were good.
  In the morning Michelle and I tag teamed a breakfast of cheesy  scrambled eggs with a little bell pepper and onion and a mix of pork chorizo, green and yellow bell peppers, onion, and pico de gallo. All wrapped up in toasted flour tortillas. For a fruit side We made apple slices fried in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It seemed well received by our hostesses.
  That evening we met RandyL at Biaggi's for a very nice dinner but not as good as the company we were part of. Michelle had butternut squash ravioli with smoked chicken and minestrone soup.  I had minestrone soup also and black fettuccine with wild mushrooms and lobster in a lobster cream sauce.  It was delicious. Michelle said hers was also. We split a bombolini for dessert. It also was delicious and my blood sugar reading thanked me for it this morning.
  This morning after a simple breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries and leftover breakfast items from the yesterday repurposed into burritos,  we cleaned up, then packed up, said our goodbyes to our gracious hostesses, and once again hit the road.
  Now for you curious folks let me drop some names of places we've been today. Yoder, Co. Rush, Co. Punkin Center, Co. Kit Carson, Co. Cheyenne Wells, Co. Sheridan lake, Co. Tribune, K's. Syracuse,K's. Garden Center, Ks. Cimarron,Ks. And Dodge City, Ks.

Hi Laurie

You two are certainly covering some ground. I hope you are both enjoying the long way home! I will be a busy girl covering off all those places on my little map. take care and stay safe

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Gertrude

No stop in Trinidad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 19, 2018, 11:27:28 PM
Laurie,

We will be heading out in a generally east north easterly direction, perhaps we can meet up along the eastern Canadian seaboard at the end of the week. Are the two of you up for it? Oh, sorry, probably too much planning involved.

Tia Anne

Tia, while that's a tempting idea, I have that surgery a few days later back on the west coast, and there is a little prep beforehand.

Running from Nova Scotia back to California in just a couple of days is pushing it a bit too much for me. As much as I would love to see you two again I'm afraid I won't be able to do this one.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Anne Blake

Hello Michelle, yes, I am aware of your upcoming surgery and am looking forward to reports of how you progress through it. The travel comments were just to poke some fun at Laurie.

Your surgery is getting close enough, you must be so excited as it is something that you have been looking forward to for so long. Best of luck girl!

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 20, 2018, 07:48:30 AM
Tia, while that's a tempting idea, I have that surgery a few days later back on the west coast, and there is a little prep beforehand.

Running from Nova Scotia back to California in just a couple of days is pushing it a bit too much for me. As much as I would love to see you two again I'm afraid I won't be able to do this one.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, darn.  Oh, well, I guess you have a good excuse. ;)  Dibs on next time, though.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Hi Mariah & Jamie,

We are indeed enjoying our trip together. We are both giving and getting consideration in our travels. Michelle has been great at going wherever I have directed without complaint. I suspect this is foreign to her normal manner of doing things.  She has not once voiced a complaint. I have made my own concessions from the way I have done things in the past when I traveled alone. I joke about them but honestly I would rather have Michelle with me and make those compromises then travel without her. I suspect she feels something similar.
  Yes, Mariah, we do know your door is always open to us. Thank you. I can only advise you to be careful what you ask for because you just may receive it.

Hugs,
  Michelle and Laurie