News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Road Trip 3.0 beta (Michelle & Laurie)

Started by Laurie, August 01, 2018, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the complements and comments.   I tried to make an update last night but fell asleep in the middle of it.
  While we were at the Lowell observatory, Michelle said she needed to step outside to get a better signal for her phone. After a bit I went out to check on her because the next tour thingy was about to start. She was talking to someone and obviously making some kind of arrangements. When she hung up I asked her if she had to make last minute arrangements for something and her cryptic answer  of " yeah something like that" struck me as a bit odd but hey we are talking about Michelle aren't we? So we go do the final thing there and get back into the car and away we go.
  Not long after, because of the wonderful world of electronics and her frustrations she lets it  slip that we are going to the Grand Canyon. Well that is fine with me. I have always wanted to see it. What I didn't expect was what looked like a honeymoon suite at the nicest hotel at the grand canyon. I can say I have never stayed in such a place as we were shown into. We also went outside for a short breath taking view of sunset over the majestic canyon. Nor did I  expect roast duck for supper in their restaurant!. Needless to say I was appropriately impressed.
Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

I think she might like you...just a little bit!!!!!!!  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Ya think???
Quote from: LizK on August 24, 2018, 05:49:01 PM
I think she might like you...just a little bit!!!!!!!  ;D

•  

Laurie

A few more pictures.

•  

anne_indy

Stunning. What a great opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

What great photos to memorialize a wonderful trip!  You both look and sound to be so happy.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Rayna

It sucks to have to stay in a substandard hotel, but oh well, this is travel after all.

LOL, looks great! I don't know how I'd eat a duck, but the oatmeal even looks good!
If so, then why not?
  •  

Jayne01

Laurie and Michelle, wow! What a wonderful trip you are having. I'm enjoying following along. Beautiful photos of scenery and two beautiful ladies. The Grand Canyon looks incredible. It's on my bucket list of places to see. I'm sorry you had to stay in such substandard accomodation at the Grand Canyon, it looked like you were really roughing it there!!! [emoji12]

Thank you for sharing

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Jessica

Laurie and Michelle, I'm so happy you are taking in the sights.
Is this the Michelle effect affecting Laurie to stop and smell the roses? 
Maybe so, but both of you are a wonderful influence on each other!

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Quote from: Laurie on August 24, 2018, 05:46:54 PM
Hi folks,

Thank you all for the complements and comments.   I tried to make an update last night but fell asleep in the middle of it.
  While we were at the Lowell observatory, Michelle said she needed to step outside to get a better signal for her phone. After a bit I went out to check on her because the next tour thingy was about to start. She was talking to someone and obviously making some kind of arrangements. When she hung up I asked her if she had to make last minute arrangements for something and her cryptic answer  of " yeah something like that" struck me as a bit odd but hey we are talking about Michelle aren't we? So we go do the final thing there and get back into the car and away we go.
  Not long after, because of the wonderful world of electronics and her frustrations she lets it  slip that we are going to the Grand Canyon. Well that is fine with me. I have always wanted to see it. What I didn't expect was what looked like a honeymoon suite at the nicest hotel at the grand canyon. I can say I have never stayed in such a place as we were shown into. We also went outside for a short breath taking view of sunset over the majestic canyon. Nor did I  expect roast duck for supper in their restaurant!. Needless to say I was appropriately impressed.
Hugs,
   Laurie

Wow ladies!! What a beautiful hotel and great pictures. So warm and cozy. This is truly a trip to remember. I have enjoyed following your journeys. I just made another bag of popcorn.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

After a 760 mile drive from the Grand Canyon back to my Northern California town, I am home.

This road trip was far too short, and there are so many I did not have a chance to meet.  Alas, I'm up against a medical deadline.

Next road trip, for sure!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Welcome home Michelle and Laurie 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 25, 2018, 01:02:28 PM
After a 760 mile drive from the Grand Canyon back to my Northern California town, I am home.

This road trip was far too short, and there are so many I did not have a chance to meet.  Alas, I'm up against a medical deadline.

I'm glad you both could swing by my neck of the woods and so happy to meet you (and to see Laurie again). Enjoy relaxing at home for a few days, and then good luck with your surgery!
If so, then why not?
  •  

Donica

I'm sure there will be more road trips Michelle! I for one will follow you guys on the next one. For now, good luck with your surgery. Welcome home ladies!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Alas, I'm up against a medical deadline.
Michelle, One trip ends and another soon begins!  Thanks for taking us along!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Thanks for sharing all about your trip!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for coming along with Michelle and I. We got in after 2:30 in the morning so this is our first day back. Thank you also for welcoming us home. Today has been a bit busy for Michelle unpacking and doing laundry, grocery shopping and such. We both gained a few pounds but what can we say the food was good and the company we shared better.
  It was a very good road trip and compatibility test. I think Michelle would agree that we got along very well with a little bit of give and take on both our parts. On the trip east Michelle followed my directions out without a single question. Once we visited Dodge City Kansas I took a back seat so to speak and let Michelle decide where we went and how we returned home.  She did very well adapting to my unstructured travel practices. I think Michelle thoroughly enjoyed wandering the countryside with me and meeting everyone we met. Thank you Tia and Debi, Jessica and Susan, Mariah and Jamie for the hospitality of your homes. And a thank you to the rest of those we met and enjoyed the company of along our trip.

Love and Hugs,
   Michelle & Laurie

•  

LizK

Thanks for the entertaining stories on the Starship Laurie and Michelle...glad to see you are home safe and sound. Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Mariah

The two of you really are very compatible. The two of you remind me of the closeness I have with Jamie. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Laurie on August 25, 2018, 10:45:06 PM
Hi Folks,

Thank you all for coming along with Michelle and I. We got in after 2:30 in the morning so this is our first day back. Thank you also for welcoming us home. Today has been a bit busy for Michelle unpacking and doing laundry, grocery shopping and such. We both gained a few pounds but what can we say the food was good and the company we shared better.
  It was a very good road trip and compatibility test. I think Michelle would agree that we got along very well with a little bit of give and take on both our parts. On the trip east Michelle followed my directions out without a single question. Once we visited Dodge City Kansas I took a back seat so to speak and let Michelle decide where we went and how we returned home.  She did very well adapting to my unstructured travel practices. I think Michelle thoroughly enjoyed wandering the countryside with me and meeting everyone we met. Thank you Tia and Debi, Jessica and Susan, Mariah and Jamie for the hospitality of your homes. And a thank you to the rest of those we met and enjoyed the company of along our trip.

Love and Hugs,
   Michelle & Laurie
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Laurie   @Michelle_P
Dear Laurie and Michelle:
So glad to hear that you made it back home safely...  traveling is a fun experience but there is nothing like home and nothing like sleeping in you own bed.

You both did a terrific job sharing your adventure with your followers and thank you for posting all of those wonderful pictures!!!
Again, welcome home.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Laurie on August 25, 2018, 10:45:06 PM
Hi Folks,

Love and Hugs,
   Michelle & Laurie
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •