Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Debi & Tia's Grand Wedding Adventure

Started by Anne Blake, August 02, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

It makes me happy to see the two of you enjoying life and each other.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Hi all, having a really nice visit with Anne and Deb. Parachuting, rock climbing, and the polar bear plunge were all fun. The group root canal surgeries were touch and go. I'd give my eye teeth for it to have gone better but every vacation has its flaws. I think we release them from custody tomorrow if the ice allows it. I will let the hostesses fill in the details.
Moni
Laurie, ya scamp, where you been hiding yourself? Huh?
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Debi

Hi All, I am jumping ahead here because Ann and I have photos that are too good to sit on. I left you all in Florida and I promise I will go back and catch up but now we are in Maryland with Moni and Ann. It is somewhere around DAY 27. We have been having a great time spending time with folks who came to visit while we are in town, going to eat in a restaurant in Gettysburg that had been a part of the Underground Railroad and eating fantastic ice cream. We also saw a movie that Moni says is her favorite and that we all cried through. The Green Book. Tonight however, we topped all other experiences. I think I will let the pictures tell the story.

This is the weather we woke up to today. I am looking at Moni and Ann's back deck. Please note the white stuff.

The temp is below freezing. It is still spitting ice but here are our two snow bunnies. What do you think Alaskan Danielle?

•  

anne_indy

I've spent too long in the desert to think this looks like fun. Is there a nice Swedish sauna nearby to run into?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Donica

Oh my gosh that looks cold!!! I hope you lovely ladies still had your toes attached after the polar bear plunge.

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Debi

Hi All, let's travel back in time to the first of February in warm and sunny Florida and a fun weekend with Cassandra, the wonderful cat lady and that high flying gal, Stephanie.  We took a boat ride and a tour of Cassandra's workplace. Having people show you a bit of what they do is a great way to get to know them better. Of course so is joining them for "Trivia Night" at a local restaurant. These are a couple of wonderful ladies. Neither of them are old enough yet but when they are we will be including them in our unofficial Crazy Ladies on the Go club. Cassandra took us to Florida's town called Winter Park and we spent the day doing things that we couldn't do in early February in Colorado's Winter Park. Actually I don't think a boat ride is ever available in Winter Park, Colorado. Of course I didn't see any ski runs in Florida. We did have a wonderful time as the pictures attest to.

Winter Park and no snow in sight.

After we left Florida our journey took us to Savannah, Georgia. This was just an overnight in a city that we have some history with but since this is deep South we were following a number of folk's suggestions and trying to be reserved in our PDA time. We did very good walking to breakfast and back to the hotel. (Breakfast was at one of our all time favorite restaurants called B. Matthews. The best shrimp and grits.) But Tia just can't keep quiet about who we are and blabbed to the lady at check out about honeymoon and wedding and then pics had to come out and since she had just got married a couple weeks before, we compared gowns and oood and aaawed about her guy and just hugged and cried and were a group of sappy women. I will admit that I cry way more and way easier and about much neater things then I ever did married to a man. Life is grand!

•  

KathyLauren

I love the pics!  You all look great!

I would have commented on the swimsuits-in-the-snow photos, but I was too busy shovelling my own.  Snow, that is, not swimsuits.  ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kendra

What amazing photos - wish I could be there!  And the temperature contrast between snow bunnies in Maryland and exploring Florida, pretty cool. I miss you, and seems like just yesterday we were all in Colorado. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Debi on February 15, 2019, 04:56:19 PM
Hi All, let's travel back in time to the first of February in warm and sunny Florida and a fun weekend with Cassandra, the wonderful cat lady and that high flying gal, Stephanie.  We took a boat ride and a tour of Cassandra's workplace. Having people show you a bit of what they do is a great way to get to know them better. Of course so is joining them for "Trivia Night" at a local restaurant. These are a couple of wonderful ladies. Neither of them are old enough yet but when they are we will be including them in our unofficial Crazy Ladies on the Go club. Cassandra took us to Florida's town called Winter Park and we spent the day doing things that we couldn't do in early February in Colorado's Winter Park. Actually I don't think a boat ride is ever available in Winter Park, Colorado. Of course I didn't see any ski runs in Florida. We did have a wonderful time as the pictures attest to.

Winter Park and no snow in sight.

After we left Florida our journey took us to Savannah, Georgia. This was just an overnight in a city that we have some history with but since this is deep South we were following a number of folk's suggestions and trying to be reserved in our PDA time. We did very good walking to breakfast and back to the hotel. (Breakfast was at one of our all time favorite restaurants called B. Matthews. The best shrimp and grits.) But Tia just can't keep quiet about who we are and blabbed to the lady at check out about honeymoon and wedding and then pics had to come out and since she had just got married a couple weeks before, we compared gowns and oood and aaawed about her guy and just hugged and cried and were a group of sappy women. I will admit that I cry way more and way easier and about much neater things then I ever did married to a man. Life is grand!
Lovely photos of such lovely ladies. Happy travels!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Kendra on February 16, 2019, 05:54:05 AM
What amazing photos - wish I could be there!  And the temperature contrast between snow bunnies in Maryland and exploring Florida, pretty cool. I miss you, and seems like just yesterday we were all in Colorado.

We miss you as well Kendra. We are hoping that you are in town and open for visitors when we come touring the west coast in August.

Tia & Deb
  •  

Debi

DAYS 20 - 24

After leaving Savannah, Georgia we mosied on north through South Carolina and some of North Carolina to Emerald Isle, North Carolina which is right on the Outer Banks to visit a cousin of Tia's. It was a nice stay. The weather was good and we ate a number of our meals sitting out on their upper deck.

They took us to a very nice aquarium that Karen volunteers at and then had a meal over looking the Chesapeake Waterway. Food was good and the sunset was spectacular.

These were rather lazy days where we did little. We weren't getting up until mid to late morning, but we weren't getting to bed until after midnight either. We've now been out long enough that the time difference of two hours is going to mess us up when we get back home. Of course at home it only means that we are going to want to start our day sooner and be falling asleep by 7:00 p.m. Actually that doesn't sound much different then before we left.

Signing out Debi and Tia.

•  

HappyMoni

That's quite a big mouth you have there, Deb!

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Donica

Quote from: HappyMoni on February 17, 2019, 03:43:58 AM
That's quite a big mouth you have there, Deb!
Yes and deed that looks like a megalodon mouth on you Debi lol. Lovely photos ladies.

Hugs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

Julie -2010

Love the photos.  8) Thanks for the update.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Anne Blake

We had a new experience in Hot Spring Arkansas today, pictures may follow. This experience caught us unprepared and lucky.

Last night Debi tripped and fell and this morning it was bad enough to need attention. What were we to do as two married older women, one of them trans. I had never thought of or planned for needing help while traveling through the deep south. We were lucky and found a nation wide Urgent Care chain with a corporate wide non discrimination policy and training. The care we received was compassionate and of good quality. The x-rays showed a broken bone that they splinted and provided scripts for pain meds. I don't believe that they read me and did not comment or question our relational status. I am not sure what we would have done had we experience negative reactions. I do believe that we will be much better prepared before we plan our next excursion into less than friendly environments.

Do any of you readers have thoughts, plans or suggestions around contingency planning for angry bigoted muggles?

Tia Anne
  •  

Debi

I'm  posting the pic as proof that I can be a klutz and a margarita can be dangerous. Broken bone in the pinkie finger right where the finger and hand joint is. Splint, wrap and pain meds after the x-ray  confirmed I had actually done damage. Typing one handed sucks. Tia says she will help finish posting the trip. We are now on our 35th day. Have been in 20 States and have put 5,700 miles on Rosie. Tonight we are back in Texas and the plan is to be home on the 22nd of February. We are both looking forward to being home. Now I'm going to let my pain pill work and go to sleep.

One Margarita
  •  

HappyMoni

Oh, you poor thing! I'm sorry and Ann sends her love.  After all those steps into the Dobbin House basement, I thought you were home free. Okay Anne, let her rest. Hugs, Girls!
Love, Moni

PS What made you think you could fly like a lawn mower?

]
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Debi on February 18, 2019, 08:00:43 PM
I'm  posting the pic as proof that I can be a klutz and a margarita can be dangerous. Broken bone in the pinkie finger right where the finger and hand joint is. Splint, wrap and pain meds after the x-ray  confirmed I had actually done damage. Typing one handed sucks. Tia says she will help finish posting the trip. We are now on our 35th day. Have been in 20 States and have put 5,700 miles on Rosie. Tonight we are back in Texas and the plan is to be home on the 22nd of February. We are both looking forward to being home. Now I'm going to let my pain pill work and go to sleep.

One Margarita

Ow ow ow!!! Waiter, two margaritas with salt! Tia will have the same!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 18, 2019, 07:30:57 PM
We had a new experience in Hot Spring Arkansas today, pictures may follow. This experience caught us unprepared and lucky.

Last night Debi tripped and fell and this morning it was bad enough to need attention. What were we to do as two married older women, one of them trans. I had never thought of or planned for needing help while traveling through the deep south. We were lucky and found a nation wide Urgent Care chain with a corporate wide non discrimination policy and training. The care we received was compassionate and of good quality. The x-rays showed a broken bone that they splinted and provided scripts for pain meds. I don't believe that they read me and did not comment or question our relational status. I am not sure what we would have done had we experience negative reactions. I do believe that we will be much better prepared before we plan our next excursion into less than friendly environments.

Do any of you readers have thoughts, plans or suggestions around contingency planning for angry bigoted muggles?

I could use that guidance, too. The Monday after you two headed north, Sue broke her wrist. Interesting that I was less worried about being clocked than I was about how two married women would be treated in the urgent care and imaging centers.

Tomorrow she'll be getting surgery on it, and I'll be there as her spouse. Yes, I'm a bit nervous about it, but I have to say that so far there's been zero trouble or even odd looks.

The town in Florida where the procedure is being done is probably more liberal than the more rural areas, so it's probably a bit safer than Arkansas. I'm glad you had no problems there.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Rayna

Oh I'm so sorry about your fall, Deb! Travel is always risky however much we might want to think we can handle it. Unfamiliar pavements, weird lighting, margaritas. Take care and I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •